Loisium Wine & Spa Resort Südsteiermark
What We Love
- Breakfast and access to the spa are included in the Jetsetter rate
- The vast heated indoor/outdoor pool, which leads from the spa to the great outdoors
- More than 160 wines are stocked on-site, many from local vineyards
- Bathrobes are de rigueur; it's a full-service 15,000-square-foot spa, and no one minds if you're not dressed during the day
- Pets are permitted at an additional cost of $20 per day
What To Know
- A city tax of approximately $1.30 per person, per night, will be collected by the hotel at checkout
- Most signs are in German (especially in the spa). If you don't speak the lingo, you may feel lost in translation
- This is quiet place built that attracts couples and singles. There are no children's facilities
- A car is recommended: Graz is a 40-minute drive, and Vienna is two hours to the north. The nearest train station (Ehrenhausen) is 10 minutes from the resort
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Surrounded by vineyards in a verdant corner of southern Austria with a climate akin to the Mediterranean, Loisium Wine & Spa Resort Südsteiermark is a retreat for gourmets and oenophiles craving creative cuisine, top-notch wine and pampering. The exterior is an architectural wonder: bold, geometrical blocks made from untreated larch wood are stacked Jenga-style next to a giant outdoor pool. Inside, spruce paneling and nude tones keep things stark and sleek, but the look is livened up by inventive light strips, bright orange lampshades and moss green tiling.
Bed and Bath
Neutral and nude are the buzzwords in the guestrooms. Bare white walls are free of artwork, but windows frame awesome views of the surrounding vineyards or forest. Firm platform beds come with mattress toppers and pillow menus, and rooms are equipped with mini-fridges and espresso machines. Petite bathrooms miraculously hold large soaking tubs and glass showers and are stocked with full-size Aveda products. Most bathrooms open out to the bedroom, but privacy curtains provide separation. Each room comes with a bag filled with the unofficial Loisium spa uniform: a fluffy robe and slippers.
The spa is where it all happens at this wellness wonderland. The 15,000-square-foot space is home to several types of sauna, from Finnish to infrared, an indoor/outdoor pool, stadium-style relaxation areas with hanging Balinese loungers, and a long treatment list incorporating products made from locally cultivated grapes. There’s an all-day buffet restaurant on-site, but for posh dining, Wine & Dine by Dominik Stolzer serves innovative à la carte fare, complemented (naturally) by a lengthy wine list. Pop into Vinothek Steiermark before leaving to sip wines from local wineries in one of the tasting rooms. Here you can try before you buy (and at wholesale prices, to boot).
How to Get There
Situated in the beautiful south of Austria this oasis is just what one needs to relax and enjoy some beautiful Austrian wines. I would recommend this hotel to any one looking for peaceful solitude with a staff that is friendly and welcoming.
Difficult to find the right expressions to explain how satisfied i was.
Reception. Two small desks that at first gives the impression of low service. The ladies working were just too kind, helpful, customer and solution oriented.
Guest Room. My room was 1st floor near the gym with a view towards swimming pool. The room was just enormous, simple but great design. First night i missed 30 min of my meeting, this is because i slept so well.
Spa and swimming pool. Small but cute. In winter the view probably would be great.
Meeting room. More sunlight would be nice. It had all necessary equipment for a normal meeting.
I would definitely recommend it
Great position, in the middle of wineyards, delicious food, great wine bar and winothek with wine tastings… very pictursque view pool and restaurants. Would recommend to all wine lovers and gourmet… also MUST visit nearby wineyards, such as Tement, weingut Georgiberg, Maintz...