COMO Cocoa Island
What We Love
- Privacy is key here; Cocoa Island by COMO’s overwater suites are spaced at least 24 feet apart, and each has direct access to the lagoon
- Snorkeling among the diverse species in the resort’s reef
- Exceptional service
- Free yoga classes at sundown
- The overwater Como Shambhala spa, plus a small gym and swimming pool
What To Know
- Best for couples looking for romance
- Getting here requires a 40-minute speedboat ride
- Alcoholic beverages can be pricey
- There’s one restaurant
- You’ll see black-tip reef sharks, but don’t worry, they’re harmless
- Free WiFi
Located in Makunufushi (South Male Atoll), Cocoa Island by COMO is convenient to Biyadoo Beach and Kandooma Beach. This 5-star resort is within close proximity of Maafushi Reef and Maafushi Harbor.
Make yourself at home in one of the 33 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Satellite programming along with DVD players are provided for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as coffee/tea makers and ceiling fans.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool, a steam room, and a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can get around on the shuttle (surcharge), which operates within 75 km.
Grab a bite to eat at the resort’s beachfront restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services.
How to Get There
Amazing Maldives! Amazing nature!
Visiting Maldives with my boyfriend and some friends was lifetime experience.
Fantastic beach, amazing colors, food, fruits, snorkling, swimming with dolphins.
Everything was just PERFECT !
Maldives, see you soon for sure! Beauty!
One of my favourites spots in the world is this tiny island with fantastic beach, service, food, ambient.
We have been twice and will DEFINETLY come back.
There’s a beautiful reef barrier to do snorkelling and the experience swimming with dolphins is one of the best things you are going to experience in life.
My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and we're very happy with experience. Our airport pick up was fast and seamless. The island facilities and rooms have a clean, understated vibe that goes well with the island setting (and should be even better after the renovation!). We chose this location for the house reef and it did not disappoint. We went snorkeling every day and saw an incredible quantity and variety of fish. You can see baby reef sharks, fish, and big rays all from your room! I also recommend the shark snorkeling tour - just a 10 min boat ride to see reef sharks swimming - it was one of our highlights!
The food and service was excellent as well. The staff did a great job of being attentive but didn't go overboard and the result was that we felt perfectly secluded with help when needed (we're not a couple that enjoys overt attention like a private Butler so this was perfect for us). I'd like to specifically call out the bar staff of Palitha and Ravi who made our stay extra enjoyable (and well hydrated!).
The only reasons I didn't give 5 stars:
1. There was plastic and trash that washed up on the shore every day. While this was absolutely not from the Como resort they could have put more people in charge of going around the small island a few times per day to clear this.
2. The staff at the watersports center acted a bit put off with some "last minute" requests like rigging the small sailboat when wind came, or us asking to join a snorkel tour on the day of. While I understand that it's easier for them to plan if we call ahead, for an island this small it shouldn't be that difficult to accommodate (which they always did in the end).
However these were very small details that didn't affect our enjoying this beautiful island. If you're looking for an easy to get to Maldives island with good diving/snorkeling and food this is a good choice for you. Highly recommended and we would definitely come back.