Le Cameleon Puerto Viejo
What We Love
- Rates include daily breakfast
- Intimate property that fronts an empty beach
- Whimsically designed outdoor lounge spaces in the rain forest
- Urban-chic rooms that seem to blend into the outdoors
- Small on-site spa with body scrubs and facials
- Located between the beach (which is full of coral reefs) and the rain forest
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- Not near the country’s famous volcanic attractions
- Area is more prone to hurricanes than other regions of Costa Rica
- The roads leading to the area aren’t great; transfers are approximately $290 per person, each way
- Rain and high humidity are common in summertime
- Some staff has limited English
- Food prices can be steep
- Nearby Puerto Viejo is a bit of a dive
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Le Cameleon Puerto Viejo in Puerto Viejo (Cocles), you’ll be convenient to Black Sand Beach. This 4-star hotel is within the region of Grand Beach and Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Gandoca-Manzanillo.
Make yourself at home in one of the 23 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. Cable programming and MP3 docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool and a spa tub. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a beach bar. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, multilingual staff, and luggage storage. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We stayed in two rooms 2 adults and 4 children. Great service and facilities, friendly staff and good food. Our two 6 y.o. boys learned swimming in the nice pool :) Only points of improvements: bigger warning sign of rip current near the rock on the beach and put Netflix in all the rooms.
We loved staying at this hotel!
Great hotel! We visit it during july 2019, nice rooms, very clean, good familly environment, great customer service, good food, great location, i can only say good stuff about this place. If you are visiting with kids the place will fullfill all your needs for sure.
This was a lovely hotel with a great spa, wonderful beachfront restaurant, and helpful staff. We did have a problem with sewer backup in our shower but were moved to a new room when we brought it to the attention of the staff. Our first room was by the road and a ittle noisy with the passing trucks and our second room was near large family groups who were also loud at times. Overall, we had a great experience here. The best part of all was the wonderful restaurant - the hostess was new on the job and absolutely incredible. She was so friendly and helpful - a great asset for the hotel.