Angsana Laguna Phuket
What We Love
- The service: Friendly without being overly familiar, and genuinely patient; it’s the famous Thai hospitality on full display
- Great Thai and international offerings at casual Market Place restaurant
- The spa: An affordable and wide-ranging spa menu, with everything from scrubs and body wraps to massages and facials of all stripes
- At the resort’s heart is an enormous free-form pool
- Central location means you don’t have to worry about a stressful or lengthy drive to/from the airport or into Phuket town
What To Know
- This is primarily a family and honeymooners resort; those seeking solitude or silence will get annoyed
- The grounds are extensive, and the property is mostly open-air, so if you have problems walking or need wall-to-wall air conditioning, this isn’t the place for you
- Phuket isn’t Maui: There’s no luxury shopping here, and no glitz (which is central to its charm)
- Pack the bug spray. Phuket, like all tropical islands, can be buggy, and the resort does sit atop a lagoon
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Angsana Laguna Phuket in Choeng Thale (Laguna), you’ll be close to Laguna Phuket Golf Club and Surin Beach. This 4.5-star resort is within close proximity of Pansea Beach and Layan Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 402 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a nightclub, an outdoor pool, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and an arcade/game room. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the complimentary area shuttle.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 6 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Thirsty? Quench your thirst at a bar/lounge, a beach bar, or a poolside bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We had great 2 bedroom Island Villa with pool access. Great for kids and so wonderful to be able to jump in the water from our balcony. Room was very comfortable, staff were lovely and the grounds were gorgeous.
Kids loved the staff at kids club! Amazing bunch of people.
I was here back in 2000 as a kid, enjoyed the place(Sheraton back then) with my family. This year, I decided to take my kids here and see if they would enjoy the place as I had previously! Of course, lots have changed since it is now part of Angsana and also AccorHotels
We had a good deal through AccorHotels promotion so we went for a 2-bedroom island suite. The location is great for exploring around such as canal village, beach, beach club, restaurants, spa and kids club. For us, kids club is the Game changer!
- Checking-in was fantastic with welcome drink and being directed to our room to do the rest of orientation process
- Kids club, sorry to mention this too many times, but my kids love both the activities and staffs there. The first thing they wanted to do each day when they woke up was to go to the kids club and spent almost the whole day!
-As part of that kids club option, us parent had a chance to enjoy our swim, spa, sailing in the lagoon and sailing in the sea with the resort’s Hobie Cat sail boat! If you love sailing, this is a great plus for a bit of exercise and experience!
- I had a chance to join yoga class with Mr. Tan, who is well trained for yoga teaching. A 1-hour morning session was a gem. Angsana can pride itself to be healthy and wellness resort with this one!
-variety of food and drink throughout the resort. There is gluten-free pasta available at Bodega&Grill Restaurant which is great for our family member who is gluten intolerance. ( we often get gluten-free pizza from Bocconcino which is 15 min away drive from Angsana Laguna)
- I would like to thank housekeeping who was making our suites clean and tidy every morning and never miss a turndowns service! I thought it was going to be a disaster on housekeeping given how massive the resort is but it was no problem at all! Never had to phone for cleaning my room!
- All staff members were incredibly enthusiastic and full of service-mind! It was a holiday period and the resort was so full which I could tell by how busy the breakfast was. Nevertheless, we could still ask for a cafe latte and be served during breakfast! My daughter wanted hash browns the day there was none and the staff had brought some for her!
- nice clean beach!
A few suggestions to the resort would be how security guard handling guests driving in with their own cars. I think there such sentences like” may I see your keycard please?” Or “ welcome to Angsana, are you checking in?” Instead of “Are you a guest??” Or “ where are you going?” It’s just a thing that I’m sure they don’t mean to be impolite but it did sound a bit harsh instead of a welcoming feeling.
Another thing would be how you could promote your sailing/yoga activity as part of a hotel package since these activities run by great staffs that ready to show their skills. I’m sure a lot of guests would love to have an hour sailing in the sea experience or anytime yoga dedicated to their availability, just a thought!
All in all, it’s a great resort for the family and people who loves active lifestyle as well.
Angnsana Laguna was a wonderful resort to stay at to finish up our Thailand vacation. The staff was friendly and helpful when we had questions. Restaurants had great food and their locations on the resort were great.
This is still our first day. We are 2 hours past our check in time and we still dont have our villas ready.
We came in earlier and were informed clearly and curtly that "check in time is 3pm". So we waited till 3pm. Now its 5pm and the room key is still not in our possession.
Front Office does not answer clearly and truthfully. Since 3pm, we are informed room would be ready in 15 minutes but we are told the same things again and again.
Finally, I asked to speak with the manager and was informed the room will be ready in 2 minutes during the call itself.
I would update my review again once we check out on 3 days but as first experience - I would honestly say - do not come here for the service or a trained front office.
We are here to celebrate a special occassion and therefore are really dismayed and disppointed. Hopefully, things do not spoil further from here - but this is not looking good.
There is a summit here from next few days - hence, its difficult to imagine how things will move from here!
Will updated again once we check out!
Beautiful location with great facilities and very attentive staff who look after your every need. A great place to recharge the batteries. The whole Laguna community is exceptional. Very convenient to all facilities