SALA Samui Choengmon Beach
What We Love
- The beachside restaurant serves one of the best breakfast buffets on the island
- 69 villas and suites that offer an abundance of private space
- Thai massage is offered outdoors, in a poolside sala (pavilion) by the beach.
What To Know
- The pools in many of the pool villas are plunge pools rather than swimming pools
- Many rooms have open-air showers
- One swimming pool is for adults only
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
An intimate resort geared toward honeymooners and other travelers in the mood for romance (but also catering to families), Sala Samui has just 69 rooms, of which 53 are freestanding villas with private pools. The staff emphasizes privacy and personalized service, and romantic dinners for two or barbecues can be arranged on the beach or in guests’ villas. Thai and international chefs prepare meals in a variety of laid-back restaurants overlooking the 80-meter white-sand beach, ranging from the Thai favorites at the Beach Restaurant to Mediterranean delights at Pangaea, while a beachfront wine cellar houses an array of bottles from around the world. The spa, redolent with the scent of therapeutic flowers and spices, has four air-conditioned couples treatment rooms and four open-air salas (pavilions) that appear to float on a lotus pond.
In the Area
The island of Koh Samui, or Samui as locals and regular visitors call it, has a history that spans more than 325 years. It was discovered by backpackers several decades ago, but since the 1990s it’s come into its own as a sophisticated enclave of excellent spas, dining, and nightlife. The Big Buddha Temple is its most famous landmark, and the 12-meter-high golden deity is visited by devout locals as well as tourists. The hotel can also arrange private long-tail boat tours to the Five Islands to see caves, beaches, and bamboo houses perched on high limestone cliffs, on islands that were until recently completely inaccessible to foreigners.
How to Get There
Love the service and everything about this resort. Travelled with a family of 2 kids, we had a great time there. Breakfast was good, the staff all smiles and made our holiday a memorable one. Love the villa. The beach is nice too only need cleanup of the seaweeds to make it that bit better. We had massage by the beach not sure if that’s part of the hotel. Free Yoga in the morning was good too! I can’t fault this resort for anything!
My Wife and I were there with our 20 month old son for 4 nights. The first and the last memories I will keep of this place are the amazing staff. They took very good care of us and were especially nice and playful with our son. The villas themselves are beautiful and they have some very well maintained pools. The property is by a nice, clean and quiet beach. That’s perfect for young families. There is also a real nice massage shack right on the beach next to the resort. Great experience!
The staff was nice enough to also give us a free upgrade to a bigger villa and that made the stay even more fun.
The breakfast spread isn’t among the most appealing ones out there. But that didn’t really bother us much.
Lastly all this came at a very affordable price for us and it allowed us to spend on several other land and sea activities.
We loved the experience. Hope you do too!
We stayed at Sala for 7 nights in a garden villa room . We found the room very well appointed with an extremely comfortable bed but the real bonus was the outside bathroom - the bath - wow , the rainfall shower- wow. To top it all off we had a small pool, a daybed and patio area, which we made good use of every day. Some lovely touches such as nightly turn down service which included a different flavoured tea to try, beach bag , candied fruit and nuts , a pillow menu and choice of shower gel and soap fragrance- lovely .
Brilliant choice for breakfast with lots of healthy options .
The real selling point for this hotel are the staff . Never have we have experienced such a high level of service from every single member of staff - no matter where you were they stopped and greeted you so respectfully - we even had the security guard light our path home one evening with his torch !!!
Beach staff would not let you carry your own towel to the bed and they continually brought iced water and fruit kebabs - really we couldn’t fault it in any way .
The beach has lovely sand but the water was poor with no snorkelling at all so
This was disappointing for us - not the hotels fault but worthy of note if this is important for you .
We had just come from a week in koh tau where the sea and snorkelling had been superb .
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for something a little bit special
Just came back from our 4 night stay with my family. We stayed at Pool Suite Villa.
- Perfect service 10/10 in every aspect. When you call room service the food arrives in 15 min.
- Very close to a couple of center in the city where you can find many restaurants beaches etc. its only 5-10 min taxi drive with 10 usd cost.
- Nice facility, absolutely clean everywhere, not so big so easy to access to everything you need
- Ate dinner and lunch at the restaurant and the at the room the food was great.
- Drinks are not so expensive and there's happy hour at the beach between 2-3 and 5-7 pm.
- The service people are the best, you feel the great hospitality attitude.
- At first open toilet and bathroom area concept was making me worried whether it will be comfortable, believe me it is great.
- They offer coffe/tea service at your room free of charge for one day with sandwiches and some deserts which was very good.
- Great breakfast with enough choice, they even offer ala carte menu free of charge with the buffet, Freshly squeezed tropical drinks every morning etc.
- Although the surrounding is great especially at the beach, the rooms definitely need renovation, the rooms are aged and worn and not well furbished enough to say it is an exclusive luxury place.
- All during my stay the sea was not crystal clear at all, it’s not because the beach is dirty but you cannot see your feet while you are walking in, not even mentioning about snorkeling. If you love enjoying crystal clear water, try to stay at the highest season so may be the water will be more clear.
- Although the hotel is working hard to avoid this, there is enormous number of mosquitos especially at night. Be ready to be friend with lizards as well.
- The food and the room service during the day is delicious but it would be better if there’s more choice.
- The facility is small and there is not so many attractions like a big kids club, spa, big variety of water sports etc. If you are looking for attractions and action at your holiday, you won’t find what you are looking for at the hotel but you can try the surrounding facilities.
- There is still a construction going on next to the resort and sometimes your hear some noise but I was not bothered that much at all.
To sum up the resort is a great value for the money and I’ll recommend this resort for a relaxing holiday for both families and couples if you are not looking for a holiday full of action and new experiences. As mentioned I cannot say this is an exclusive and luxury resort like the other big chains due to the details at the facility but the service quality and the price you pay for what you get makes it worth to stay for sure.
What a super resort! Very nice villas, friendly staff, spoiling breakfasts and dinners, a place for a perfect vacation.
We've enjoyed a wonderful weekend vacation and we'll sure enough visit again.
Recommended to romantic couples:)