SALA Samui Choengmon Beach
What We Love
- The beachside restaurant serves one of the best breakfast buffets on the island
- 69 villas and suites that offer an abundance of private space
- Thai massage is offered outdoors, in a poolside sala (pavilion) by the beach.
What To Know
- The pools in many of the pool villas are plunge pools rather than swimming pools
- Many rooms have open-air showers
- One swimming pool is for adults only
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
An intimate resort geared toward honeymooners and other travelers in the mood for romance (but also catering to families), Sala Samui has just 69 rooms, of which 53 are freestanding villas with private pools. The staff emphasizes privacy and personalized service, and romantic dinners for two or barbecues can be arranged on the beach or in guests’ villas. Thai and international chefs prepare meals in a variety of laid-back restaurants overlooking the 80-meter white-sand beach, ranging from the Thai favorites at the Beach Restaurant to Mediterranean delights at Pangaea, while a beachfront wine cellar houses an array of bottles from around the world. The spa, redolent with the scent of therapeutic flowers and spices, has four air-conditioned couples treatment rooms and four open-air salas (pavilions) that appear to float on a lotus pond.
In the Area
The island of Koh Samui, or Samui as locals and regular visitors call it, has a history that spans more than 325 years. It was discovered by backpackers several decades ago, but since the 1990s it’s come into its own as a sophisticated enclave of excellent spas, dining, and nightlife. The Big Buddha Temple is its most famous landmark, and the 12-meter-high golden deity is visited by devout locals as well as tourists. The hotel can also arrange private long-tail boat tours to the Five Islands to see caves, beaches, and bamboo houses perched on high limestone cliffs, on islands that were until recently completely inaccessible to foreigners.
How to Get There
We were 3 days in the villa 34 with a private swimming pool.
- they proposed to put a fence for our 1 year old baby, much appreciated!!
- great staff, really nice and efficient - clean - we received a honeymoon service without asking and it was not a honeymoon . They were all so nice with us and our baby!
- towels for the pool and shower are always changed (at the beach/pool or twice a day in the room)
- however, there is a building under construction next to the hotel. But it wasnt really disturbing us.
- food is excellent! And amazing breakfast! - they bring complimentary fruits and water at the beach and at the pool, which wa great!
- there are massages straight on the right at the beach (300-800 thb/hr). Not from the hotel but great too????
Nothing to say!
We had a fantastic time at Sala staying for a week with family and friends. The staff were fantastic, food was awesome, great location for day trips and night markets, rooms clean and well serviced. Would definitely love to come back!
Perfect vacation, luxurious hotel. Kind staff, excellent service! A delicious and luxurious breakfast! The team will do their utmost to enjoy the time.
The facility is designed in a modern style, very comfortable and cozy.
The beach is beautiful and quiet, the hotel area is quiet, if you are looking for bars and a lively area just a short 10 minute drive from Chaweng.