- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Misibis Bay in Bacacay (Cagraray Island), you’ll be within the region of Kapuntukan Hill and Embarcadero.
Make yourself at home in one of the 90 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. Your bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets, and all rooms are furnished with sofa beds. 32-inch LCD televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages. After dipping into one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge during limited hours, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We visited Misibis Bay after spending 2 days in Legazpi to see the awesome view of the perfect cone Mayon Volcano. We arranged a pickup from Hotel St. Ellis cost around 650 pesos ($12) one way per person. Misibis is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes from Legazpi.
I recommend that you book directly with Misibis for lowest price rather than using Agoda or Booking.com. They honor Sr Discounts too. You may ask for Shiela Salcedo for reservations.
Misibis Bay Resort is very beautiful. It has 2 infinity pools. I’d recommend getting a Pacific View Room #201. Our view of the ocean was awesome. Love the large space and huge bed. We spent Valentine dinner beside the pool with live acoustics. Very romantic. Service was tops!
Food was fine. There are no restaurants close by, so prepare to eat your meals inside the resort. Buffet spread was ok, lots of food choices. But we opted for alacarte being Sr citizens we are careful with our diets.
Don’t bother snorkeling. The water was so foggy due to large waves. Very few small fish and corals were not visible. But the beach was fine. And the infinity pool was kept clean.
I would recommend Misibis Bay Resort if you are in Legazpi. You will definitely enjoy the view and excellent service.
Misibis Bay is on Cagraray Island and is accessed via a short bridge from the mainland after an hour’s drive from the local Legazpi Airport which is only an hour’s flight from Manila. The famous Mount Mayon, the world’s most perfectly shaped active volcano, greets you when you land on the runway. This area is a photographer’s dream and there’s plenty to do and visit with tours available from the hotel.
The resort is surprisingly quiet this bank holiday weekend which is wonderful for us. The Philippines has 7,000+ islands, so the crowds may be elsewhere. Perfect! Service is very attentive and facilities are good. I find the food perfectly acceptable, but I do like Filipino food, although there are other cuisines available here. Buffet BBQ dinner our first night of various fish and meats plus other dishes left us spoilt for choice. Breakfast buffet offers a lot of variety. Try the Filipino bread roll called “pan de sal”. The regional Bicolano food is spicy unlike the usual Filipino fare. Try spicy ice cream!
The resort’s location is great and our very spacious Pacific View double room on the third floor with its wraparound patio doors has stunning panoramic views of the ocean even from our bed. Last night, the full moon across the water was a lovely sight to go to sleep to. The beach is very clean and safe for young children. There’s a mix of families and couples of all ages staying. Entertainment the other evening was an impressive duet singing a variety of well known songs and playing guitar. WiFi is good even on the beach which is surprising.
Misibis Bay probably needs a little TLC and a lick of paint here and there, but it’s really minor. If you want peace and quiet and an escape from the hectic pace of everyday life, come here for a nice break. You can snorkel, sail, do all terrain buggy activities if you prefer that. Me? I’m happy walking up and down the beach collecting seashells or sitting under a palm tree with a good book and a yummy cocktail. Bliss!
I’ve been eyeing to visit this place from time immemorial. I was a struggling college student when I first heard & discovered about Misibis.
I had envisioned myself being there,doing exactly what I had in my mind 10 years ago.
I am so happy to live all those day dreams & wishful thinking’s this month.
Both a break from a massive work-assignments & quality time w/ my Lovey - coinciding VDay.
I planned for this trip 3 months ahead. Luckily scored a 30% less on accommodation rate via Agoda, sometime November 2018. We departed from Manila (NAIA T3) via Cebu Pacific - in which I also spotted a low rates at the time of booking. (Advance booking is 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼)
I didn’t quite update myself on improvements & other news related stuff w/ Misibis.
I was plannings w/ the assumption of having 2 transfers going there. First, a land travel from Legaspi City Airport to the docking station & and sea-craft transfer going to Misibis Bay.
Those were the “Amazing Race” time! As per the super informative Embacaderos driver, a bridge has been built to ease up the travel going there, inaugurated sometime 2012. So, it was entirely a 1 hour of uphill-downhill, zig-zag fun land travel. If you get lucky enough, during travel, you’ll get a view of Mt. Mayon from inside your van.
- Hotel Transfer - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Driver’s polite & informative & more importantly had safely driven us)
- Hotel Reception/ Front Desk - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Junna, the Front Desk personnel who assisted me on my check-in details was very very attentive and welcoming)
- Accommodation Type - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I rated it 5 becos, upon check-in, we are fortunate enough to have our rooms upgraded to Deluxe Pacific View villa! This one, I really didn’t see coming! We both are very surprised and happy!
- Room/Amenities - ⭐️⭐️⭐️ the room is so spacious, switches are obviously tech-savvy. Cold, cold air-conditioning but w/ routine power shortage. My favorite portion is the open “bathroom-bath tub” set up.
- Spice Market - ⭐️⭐️⭐️ the only restaurant the resort has. Offers wide variety of food from breakfast, lunch and dinner - in which some are really delicious and pretty expensive.
- Hotel Staff & Crew ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ they were all very attentive to requests, smiling all the time and would greet you every time.
- Beach area - ⭐️⭐️ it has white sand beach, but not as powdery fine as compare to others but you can still enjoy swimming & take into account the big rocks underneath.
- Resort Activities - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ they offer lots of activities from indoors to outdoors, water & non water. We tried, table tennis & billiards inside the recreational building. ATV Tour to Ecopark. Beachfront Candlelight dinner.
Thank you for the wonderful memories. We had a lovely stay, Misibis! Hope to visit again soon!
My husband and I were looking forward to our stay. We left very disappointed. We arrived early and I was given the choice to wait till 3pm to occupy the room or pay an additional $100.00 to upgrade and check in early. I chose the latter because were tired. We were assigned an ocean view room. The place was practically empty. No food or beverage are allowed to be brought in and you have to sign a document stating that you agree to this rule.
1. Staff were kind and attentive.
2. Free hotel filtered water (not bottled) on request
3. Airport shuttle pick up available
1. Overall the grounds are poorly maintained, tired looking, dirty, construction debris left
2. Tiles around the pool chipped, missing. Upholstered outdoor furniture dirty and need to be replaced.
3. They offer room service but there is no earing table nor decent chairs to sit on.
4. No towel racks
5. Complimentary tea were not replenished.
6. The drapes were stained, dirty and hooks were missing.
7. Stairwell not lighted
8. Stair rails and bannisters in bad need of repairs - rusted, dirty and paint peeling
1. The night before we left, a staff member counted the drinks and completely emptied the refrigerator. This is a display of complete distrust of guests. I felt humiliated! I generally stay at 4-5 star hotels and they usually just ask if minibar was used.
In summary, I do not recommend this hotel considering the prices they charge. It is also a good 1+ hour drive from airport and town via winding, not well lighted roads. I am giving 1 star because of the staff.
Our experience staying at Misibis Bay was great that we even extended for another night! Scenery and ambience were very refreshing. Long-drive travel was all worth it. Staff were attentive and helpful. Although we had a bit of a kink in our booking, thanks to Ms. Grace for addressing it.