The District Boracay
- Free WiFi
Located in Boracay Island (Balabag), The District Boracay is minutes from Holy Rosary Church and Budget Mart. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Willy’s Rock and D’mall Boracay.
Make yourself at home in one of the 48 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have showers and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with onsite massages and body treatments. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an outdoor pool and a fitness center. Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and wedding services. The beach shuttle (surcharge) makes getting to the surf and sand a breeze.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the resort’s beachfront restaurant, where you can dine alfresco (weather permitting). Or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary full breakfast is served daily from 6:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
For a while after I checked in, I had hotel envy. The hotel next door (can’t remember the name) seemed more serene with a bigger pool and nicer surroundings. Then I went to the beach and realized that The District’s beach area was nicer. And that’s where I stayed for my entire week’s vacation.
When you arrive, you have to walk down a dirty alley and are thinking, ‘what have I gotten myself into ‘ - especially when you’re used to the wide, quiet, expansive beaches of the Caribbean.
When you check into the hotel and it’s kind of loud (construction), with people teeming all around, again you’re thinking ‘what have I gotten into?’. Then you get to your room which is nice, but nothing special, again saying a small prayer.
Then you finally get to the beach, which is busy and hectic...but then you look at the crystal clear water and realize that THIS is what you’re here for. YAY!
Ok, so I did end up liking it here. It just took some time to adjust expectations. A luxury hotel in the Caribbean it is not. But my room (top floor, 2 stories, 2 balconies) was nice and clean. The water in the shower never was quite hot enough but not bad. TWG tea was part of the mini bar. The bed was firm and comfortable. WiFi was OK...could actually stream better on the balcony vs. in room.
The beach was AMAZING! Perfectly clear, light blue water. I loved it...was mesmerized by it. The lounge chairs were comfortable and safe. Though there are people EVERYWHERE and people peddling their goods everywhere, there is security aounge the lounge chairs all day long. They were wonderful! Noel, in particular, was my guardian angel. I was there alone and concerned to leave my stuff and go into the water. Never fear, they are charged with keeping you and your stuff safe. I never worried.
The staff at the hotel, overall were nice. The breakfast was worth skipping. The room was hot and there was nothing special to eat. I opted to go to the mall for food. Pricey for the area, but delicious!
They offer free water daily and plenty of it. Never had a problem.
I would recommend this hotel when the island gets back up and running.
Location is good and hotel caters for activities and transportation. We went to the hilltop massage almost everyday which can be arranged by the hotel. Had my birthday celebration there, staffs was so nice to prepare a cake for me. Station 2 is more centralized where you can walk left to station 1 and right to station 3. What's lacking is the awesome views of the beach.
It feels a little weird writing a review for a hotel and an area that isn’t going to see any tourists for 5 months, but The District it a pleasurable little hotel in a very good location which allows you to see the best (and worst) of Boracay beach.
Flying into Boracay usually means landing at Caticlan or Kalibo. The latter will take you a good 1hr or so by car to get to the ferry port with the former only being about 5 minutes. If you booked direct with The District then they will have provided someone to meet you at the airport and transfer you to the private boat which will take you across to Boracay island. The boat ride is a pleasant 5 minutes and once you land on Boracay it is a 10-minute car ride to the hotel.
The hotel is located in station 2, about right in the middle actually, which means you can turn left out of the hotel at night to head towards the livelier bars, or right in the day time towards station 1 for a more serene experience. The hotel also has its own set of beach beds, but they are only allowed 1 row so is limited to about 10 beds in total for the entire hotel.
Check-in to the hotel was a little less swift than I had hoped, lots of instructions about things you can and can’t do, papers to sign, information to be given and such, but not out of the norm for Filipino resort hotels. The rooms were a fairly decent size with a nice balcony that looked over the thin but lengthy pool. The bathroom area of the rooms was a little cramped, with almost no privacy, but the shower was nice and powerful, and everything was clean.
The restaurant area where you had the buffet breakfast was nice enough, a little small but the food on offer was your standard Western affair with a little bit of Asian. Above the restaurant is a nice rooftop bar but it was very sterile with a single member of staff taking your order and then having to run up and down the stairs to fulfil it. One night we had ordered drinks before going out to eat yet ended up leaving 20 minutes later before they arrived due to the slow service and issues of only having one staff member and many flights of stairs.
Check-out was painless with the exact same process getting the local airport as coming from it.
All in all, a nice little hotel, decent enough rooms, but nothing that is jaw dropping. Fine for a few nights of partying in Boracay.
The District Boracay is a beachfront hotel located at Station 2 near DMall and other restaurants. The hotel has a contemporary sleek style which we really like. It may be in Station 2 where the hustle and bustle of the crowd is but when we get inside, there's peace and quietness that surrounds the place.
- Excellent staff service. The moment we arrived at the airport until we get to the hotel, the staff assisted us all the way through. We were able to feel the warmth and sincerity in the way they greet and the way they answer our questions. They have this kind of gesture - they put their right hand over their left chest whenever they greet you and it was really nice.
- The location is good. It's just a few minutes walk to DMall and there are many restaurants nearby. They may not have nightly performances during dinner but it's okay because just a few minutes walk, there were fire dancers and singers for entertainment. I think The District is the type of hotel wherein they value more on tranquility and relaxation. This hotel is good for families like us.
- Since this is a beachfront hotel, we got to enjoy the accessibility to the beach. They have benches and whenever we sit on them, the staff immediately arranged their orange umbrellas so are well hidden from the sun. They also proactively offered us beach towels.
- Though we brought our beach toys, we never used ours 'cause the hotel provides. Guests can borrow floaters too.
- We are late sleepers so we woke up late most of the time. The hotel is smart enough to give Buffet Breakfast or Buffet Brunch option to their guests. This is the 1st hotel we've ever been to that caters this. Kudos!
- We love the room design. The beds are so comfy and housekeeping cleans the room everyday except of course if you put a Do Not Disturb sign. They have extra pillows inside the cabinet.
- They have complimentary The District Bag Tags or key chains and 30-minute massage each for my husband and I.
Negative (very minor ones!)
- The wifi is not reliable inside the room. We had to go out of the balcony every time we needed to use it. I called several times of poor wifi connection in the room, an IT was sent to our room to check.
- I was told at front desk that we have complimentary goodies (cookies if I heard it right) and we just have to make sure the jar is not taken home. There were no "goodies in a jar" in our entire stay. I think the goodies are the complimentary bag tags.
Overall, I will still rate The District as excellent. We were given an early check in. The airport transfer going home was properly arranged. Great work from staff 'cause they are not robots and they're trained to think. Good job and we'll definitely come back.
Food was great, complimentary massage was superb, Daily “in-room” goodies were pleasant, Round trip airport transfers were useful, Welcome Drinks were refreshing, Pool is quite small but the hotel’s services exceeded our expectations!