Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La, Penang
What We Love
- Free-form swimming pools and a beach
- Activities include a nine-hole pitch and putt golf course, tennis courts and Adventure Zone family entertainment centre
- Tons of free classes and activities, from volleyball and snake shows to petanque
- Free daily shuttle bus service to/from central George Town
- Free WiFi
What To Know
- Better for families than for couples
- You’ll see burqas next to bikinis on the beach; dress according to your comfort level
- Jellyfish can fill Batu Ferringhi’s waters during the rainy season
- Superior Hillview Rooms look out onto a street with hawker stalls
- Some rooms show a little wear and tear
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La, Penang in Penang, you’ll be on the beach and minutes from Eden Parade Shopping Centre and East Wind Watersports. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Tropical Spice Garden and PKSA Penang Water Sports Centre.
Make yourself at home in one of the 387 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms have deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with onsite massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, and a health club. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). If you’d like to spend the day shopping, you can hop on the complimentary shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at a beach bar, a poolside bar, or one of 2 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, limo/town car service, and a computer station. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Stayed there for 3 days 2 nights. I spent my days in the resort. The room was ok however the cleanliness can be improved. The shower handle came off couple of times during my stay. The day I checked in no water bottles provided in the room so have to request for it. I love the idea of no plastic bottles. The hotel provides glass bottle which can be recycle. We ordered room service on the first day. The food was so so however great service from the room service gentlemen who sent our food. Unfortunately I did not get his name. My room is right next to the elevator. It is a little noisy when other guests or housekeeping trolley pass by. We had our breakfast at the Garden Cafe. Not much choices for a Vegan like me so I decided not to go for breakfast the next day. However for non vegan like my partner you will enjoy the buffet breakfast as they have big buffet spread. Both evening we hang out at Sigi Bar and Grill. I ordered vegetables wrap, my partner ordered nachos and cendol. Food in the hotel can be improved. The F&B team also should be aware of their Item86. They came back to me twice to tell me the drink that I have ordered is not available. Overall relaxing stay.
I had such a lovely stay during my birthday..and was suprisely delighted to be receiving complimentary cake by the hotel..the room view was awesome facing the pool and beach...Kids enjoyed the pool tremendously...The buffet breakfast spread was good..in addition, its now one of our favourite hotel in Batu Feringghi.. hope to return soon
Stayed for one night to just relax. The room was spacious, they provided fruits in the room. Very comfortable bed and sofa. They provide welcome drink as the check in / out takes quite long queue.
1. Comfortable room, cozy environment peaceful atmosphere in the evening
2. Foods are so delicious at the beach bar and also during breakfast there were so many choices of foods to choose.
3. I like their gym as well, because it’s the only place with less crowded
4. Staff were very helpful and attentive.
1. I was expecting more tranquil environment however during the morning the pool and brach area was so crowded. It’s like visiting public pool. Not so much privacy
2. Check in / out taking a while. Not so convenient.
Overall it was an excellent stay. But I’d prefer staying at Parkroyal rather than this. Sorry.