What We Love
- Central location on Basel’s main square for transport
- Solid business amenities such as free WiFi and a 24-hour office
- Smooth city infrastructure makes sightseeing a breeze
- Comfortable, stylish rooms
- Multilingual, keen-as-mustard staff
- Every guest receives a Mobility Ticket, which provides free public transport throughout the city for your entire stay
What To Know
- A city tax of approximately $4 per person, per night, will be collected by the property at checkout
- The hotel is situated on a busy transport hub. Double glazing works miracles, but truly light sleepers might still hear trains and trams
- The local dialect (Baseldytsch) is famously tricky, but almost everyone speaks English
- Certain bars in the city are (still!) for smokers. You’ll need to pay around $10 for a ’smoker’s license’ (allowing entry to all the ‘Fümoar’ establishments) to drink there, even if you don’t smoke
- The Euler was last renovated in 2008, and is scheduled for refurbishment in 2014
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
You’ll be centrally located in Basel with a stay at Hotel Euler, steps from BIS Tower and close to Messeturm Basel. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Basel Historical Museum and Antique Museum and Collection Ludwig.
Make yourself at home in one of the 66 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have bathtubs or showers and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Take in the views from a terrace and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Basel? This hotel has 2799 square feet (260 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Hotel Euler (pronounced "oiler") is lovely--the reception staff are excellent! We arrived very early and were immediately checked-in. The rooms are clean and tidy, there is complimentary fruit in the hall, at night there is live piano music, and the location cannot be beat. You can walk right over from HBF and you can walk right out the front door and catch a tram throughout the city (and beyond!). The only negative is that they turn off (or turn down) the AC in October, but it was still a bit hot while we were there. We were unable to get a good night's sleep because of the hot room temperature. Still, overall, one of the best hotel experiences during my trip (and I stayed at 4).
The hotel is pretty much next to the train and tram stations. Very nice and spacious rooms at about 150 CHF including nice breakfast (pre-paid non-refundable). The staffs are extremely helpful and always with a smile!
This hotel is conveniently located near the station and the city center. A free pass to public transportation is available at the reception. The staff is very professional. The buffet breakfast is more limited than one could expect in such a hotel but very good all in all. The suite amenities were up to par, the bed was comfortable. A good experience.