Crown Beach Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Magnificent sunsets
- The beachside daily happy hour, from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Free kayaks and snorkeling gear (a returnable deposit is required)
- Nightly turn-down service with fresh flowers and candles
- Cook Islanders are among the world’s friendliest people
- The villas are air-conditioned
What To Know
- Children 15 and under are not permitted
- The lagoon in front of the beach is shallow and full of coral heads; swim in the pool instead
- Staple foods in the Cook Islands are largely imported, so prices can be high
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Crown Beach Resort & Spa in Rarotonga (Arorangi), you’ll be convenient to Aro’a Beach and National Stadium. This 4.5-star hotel is within the vicinity of Puaikura Beach and Para O Tane Palace.
Make yourself at home in one of the 36 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchens with refrigerators and stovetops. Your Tempur-Pedic bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Rooms have private balconies. 32-inch LCD televisions and MP3 docking stations are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. After a day at the private beach, you can enjoy other recreational amenities including a health club and an outdoor pool. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge) that operates within 35 km.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a beach bar or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We spent 4 nights here for our honeymoon and really enjoyed it. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the food and cocktail selection was great. Great snorkeling just off the beach and walking distance to hire a scoter or car
We spent 5 nights at the Crown and loved our stay. The resort is small and quiet. We loved our beachfront villa (villa 1). Highlights were swimming (to the far right of the resort there’s an area without rocks) as well as kayaking and snorkelling. A cocktail at Oceans watching the sunset was a perfect end to each day. The beachfront villa was very spacious and comfortable with lots of outdoor space. The bathroom was fine but could do with a refresh and more storage. The staff were friendly and helpful. Highly recommend the Crown for a relaxed getaway.
On our arrival we had been given a beach front villa which was spacious , spotlessly clean and had everything we could have needed with direct access onto the beach and our own sun deck ☀️
Staff were always friendly and very efficient , cocktail of the day was always a hit !
Although the weather wasn’t our friend on this visit we still managed to see a couple of the amazing sunsets this side of the island is known for - and they didn’t disappoint,
Would definitely stay at this resort again , loved everything about it !
Also the spa is a must - we had 3 massages during our trip and the Crown therapists win hands done 💗
We stayed in villa 31 with pool, as we were visiting the Cook Islands for a wedding. We are highly disappointed by a number of things with the resort:
- TV (1 channel and television cuts out) we unfortunately struck a couple of days of rain. And stuck indoors. Slightly frustrated with only 1 TV channel. DVDs are available at reception which we used.
- phone did not work in the room. We needed this to work as we had wedding organising to do. We were told we had to use the reception phone if we wanted to make calls as the phone jack in the room isn’t working.
- radio in bedroom does not go. No replacement given.
- no carparks on sight due to people coming to the restaurant for island night. That aren’t guests. We were instructed to park down the beginning of driveway.
- rainfall shower leaks after turning off for about 30 minutes
- flower bed cover on bed had brown mud patches under it. Doesn’t often get washed.
Overall the maintenance at this resort is very low. I can accept “island time” but when your spending hundreds and hundreds on a room per night you expect everything to function in the room.
1 very nice experience is the breakfast each morning. This cannot be faulted. And the breakfast team are very friendly. Thank you to this team and the chefs.
Nice hotel, booked double room. It’s clean and tidy. Pool nice, but temperature quite cool!!! Breakfast average, but had lunch here yesterday and it was nice. Reception staff friendly & helpful.
This side gets the sunsets which is nice, it nicer beaches on other side.