What We Love
- Great central location, a five-minute walk from Split’s car-free historic center
- Spacious, light and airy rooms
- Amazing views of the port, sea and islands — Superior Rooms have a balcony, too
- Funky contemporary interior design
- Friendly, helpful and professional multilingual staff, full of useful local advice
What To Know
- A minimum two-night stay is required for the Standard Double Sea View Room
- The busy road and rather unappealing facade hide the modern design inside
- No restaurant as such, just a breakfast room (Luxe can do lunch and dinner for groups on request)
- This is a contemporary design hotel — travelers looking for something classically Dalmatian might find the decor a little garish
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hotel Luxe, you’ll be centrally located in Split, steps from Natural History Museum and minutes from Diocletian’s Palace. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Green Market and Eastern Gate.
Make yourself at home in one of the 30 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Relax and unwind with massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find a spa tub, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access and a television in the lobby. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a computer station, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Split? This hotel has facilities measuring 108 square feet (10/30 square meters), including meeting rooms. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a ferry terminal shuttle.
How to Get There
We stayed here 2 nights and found the hotel to be very comfortable. It is located a 2 min walk away from the Riva, and offers a free parking facility. The decor is a bit quirky, but you get used to it in a couple of hours. The rooms are modern and very comfortable. The balcony was large and offered a stunning view. The breakfast was a bit disappointing, being vegetarians we had only cereal and toast to eat. We asked if they can prepare something for us, which they refused.
We booked this hotel only 1 day before due to an unexpected need to stay one night in Split before taking a morning ferry to Korcula. We felt the price was poor value ($320 USD) for a suite. We choose it based on it's location - very close (5 minutes walk) to the ferry terminal.
Now we were not aware that the hotel is on a VERY busy road and it is impossible to stop in front of the hotel - not even to drop off your luggage. So if you are arriving by car - you really need to be aware of this. We drove around the corner and finally found a place to park some 10 minutes walk away (note finding anywhere to park within a reasonable distance is a miracle). We had lots of luggage so lugging it to the hotel was a real hassle in 33C heat.
When we arrived at reception, I mentioned this to the receptionist and in a very offhand manner she said "oh did you find somewhere to park?"
This hotel advertises itself as "boutique luxury" - in my opinion it does not live up to this. In particular - I would expect:-
- A Nespresso (or equivalent) machine - a kettle and a sachet of some sort of combination of coffee/powdered milk/sugar does not cut it
- much better quality bedding (sheets, doona, pillow)
- a separate shower not a shower over the bath
- Kleenex tissues in the bathroom
- a real hairdryer (not one of those woo woo ones attached to the wall)
- a modern decor (our suite was very tired and drab looking)
- WiFi that works properly - neither my husband or I were able to connect to our e-mail accounts (only place in Croatia this has happened) - from 2 different iPhones and a MacBook.
Since I cannot compare this to other hotels in the old town - maybe this is as "good as it gets".
If you are arriving or departing by ferry - my cannot beat this location.
Staff always helpful, the hotel is only a few minutes walk from the old city, the promenade, the station, the ferry and the bus station. Air conditioning, good breakfast. Nice spacious room, comfortable beds. My only problem was reading which bottle was shower gel and which was shampoo, the font on the labels is too small.
Beautiful boutique hotel with a friendly staff. Modern design with the amenities and very soft beds---just what was needed after a long journey.
Breakfast buffet was nice with a wide selection of dishes.
We picked this hotel because it was written up in The New York Times and in a great location. The check-service was excellent and the staff were helpful. We were in their residence which meant a two bedroom apartment with high end appliances including a washing machine. We had a large balcony with an excellent view. The decor was black & silver sparkles which is not my taste. We were not told we had no maid service maid daily. It was a bit of a trek with luggage. We were however near an excellent wine bar & tapas restaurant- we became return customers.