Le Méridien Lav, Split
What We Love
- A five-star spa hotel in Podstrana on the beautiful Dalmatian coast, with thoughtful perksA speciality of the hotel is its éclairs, with an inventive and mouth-watering range of classic and locally inspired flavours (figs and apricot, rosemary, yoghurt...)
- The amazing spa, with its sense of space and light, infinity pool, and mind-boggling choice of treatments
- The chance to go have fun on the water (jet skiing, parasailing and banana rides, to name but a few options)
What To Know
- Set on a 2,600-foot private beach with panoramic views of the Adriatic Sea and Split
- The champagne bar overlooking the marina is a hotspot among guests
- There's a range of activities from scuba diving to tennis on one of the four courts
- The spa also has a Finnish sauna and Roman baths
- There's a small fee to use the hotel shuttle into Split, but it's cheaper than taking a taxi
Set on its own private 800-metre beachfront with fabulous panoramic views of the Adriatic Sea, the city of Split, and surrounding islands, Le Méridien Lav, Split is an impeccably stylish five-star hotel, with white, glossy interiors and spacious sea-view bedrooms. Don’t just take our word for it – this spot was also voted TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice 2014 Winner in the Luxury category.
Its landscaped terraces, complete with an infinity-style swimming pool look onto the hotel’s 60-berth private harbour and beach, where you can take advantage of a range of water sports and even try some scuba diving. If you fancy a spot of tennis, there are four courts on site, as well as an impressive spa where you can soak in the Jacuzzi, Finnish sauna and Roman baths. When it comes to dining, take your pick from a wide array of chic gourmet seafood and Mediterranean restaurants, and sip chilled fizz in the Champagne Bar.
How to Get There
This place surpassed all expectations, absolutely 5 star staff and facilities, special mention to the staff and ambience in the champagne bar. Food was great, loved the beach bar/club. Used one of the restaurants on the marina and again fantastic service and food. Great location.
We stayed at this hotel for a week in August 2019. It is a 5 star hotel and not cheap but you get what you pay for. This is a fantastic hotel in a beautiful location by the coast. It has it's own Marina (where you can do a number of water sports and day trips) and 3 or 4 really good restaurants within the complex. The rooms are reasonably spacious and clean and ours had a view of the sea (i would recommend this). There is a bar with an outside balcony area that has a view of the Marina and gets an amazing sunset every evening. The cocktails and service are great. The only reason for 4 stars is that the buffet in the Hotel restaurant is a bit limited and the food can be hit and miss but with the option of the outside restaurants this is not really a problem. The hotel is centrally based in Croatia which makes it ideal for trips out to visit places of interest and being near the coast visiting the islands and boat trips are a must. I would recommend the Blue cave and Hvar as must do trips.
Impressed by the layout of the hotel -spacious and clean
Room had separate ensuite lounge and had 2 tvs -seldom encountered.
Bathroom was clean and had separate standing shower and bathtub
Bed was comfy and cosy ambience
Breakfast spread was of very good quality - service was prompt and good.Staff are very polite.