What We Love
- Stylish interiors on an elegant Madrid street, with a welcome drink includedT
- aking some interior-design tips home – the décor's just right
- Walking to Parque del Buen Retiro for an afternoon of greenery
- Tucking into tasty tapas in the hotel's Gastrobar
What To Know
- Set to open June 2016
- Located in the stylish Salamanca district, surrounded by boutiques and restaurants
- The hotel has a chic restaurant and two buzzy bars
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Madrid is often Barcelona’s overlooked little sister, yet dig a little deeper and you’ll soon discover her distinct and elegant charms. What Madrid lacks in a wild nightlife scene it makes up for in sheer variety, with a range of architectural pleasures along its streets, an ever-growing culinary scene (that’s competing with the best of Europe’s offerings) and a ton of history – all adding up to one seriously slick city.
TÓTEM Madrid is situated in the city’s Salamanca district, just a leisurely stroll from Parque de El Retiro and some of the city’s best museums, shops, restaurants and art galleries. A sleek, up-to-date style exudes throughout, which you can enjoy over an expertly mixed cocktail in the bar or an evening tasting tapas in the Gastrobar. Guest rooms are wonderfully bright, with plenty of natural light and views over the tree-covered street from their balconies.
All TÓTEM Madrid’s guest rooms exude an up-to-date style that will see you stealing interior-design tips to take home. Deluxe Exterior rooms face the tree-covered street and offer lovely views from their balconies, while Deluxe Attic rooms come complete with atmospheric loft ceilings. Corner Junior suites are are bright and spacious, with a corner location that affords them plenty of light.
The hotel’s attractive restaurant is open daily for lunch and dinner, while the Gastrobar is open daily for breakfast, as well as lunch and dinner, when a tempting selection of tapas is offered. The Cocktail Bar provides every excuse for a tipple, serving expertly mixed drinks in relaxing surrounds each day, and until 3am on Fridays and Saturdays.
The centrally located TÓTEM Madrid is situated in the Salamanca neighborhood, northeast of the city’s historic center. The scenic Parque del Buen Retiro is just a few minutes’ walk away, along with the Museo Nacional del Prado, which displays national art.
How to Get There
Great location. Hotel was lovely. Staff very friendly and helpful. When we arrived we chose the bigger room as we were staying for 3 nights. Breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend the hotel.
I stayed in their deluxe attic for five nights, and in their deluxe exterior for one night after Returning from an Andalusia trip. So if you are wondering which one to choose, here are the two pertinent differences:
(1). I feel that the deluxe exterior room would be too cramped for two persons... but maybe it’s just me who likes lots of space. But as I’m alone, I think I should have just gone for the deluxe exterior at the start - at least I will have a window to look out the streets. The attic is very big, but you only get to see the sky.
(2). There is no tea and coffee making facility in the deluxe exterior room. I wonder why.
Now, regarding the hotel room:
- bathrobes are rather small for my liking
- only one bottle of mineral water is supplied daily; so I bought more beverages from a minimart a couple of steps away from the hotel
- quiet, which is really nice
As for breakfast:
- it’s a table service, so saves the walking about. You can re-order stuff.
- service isn’t that consistent between the waiters/waitresses
- cosy ambience with nice music enhances the breakfast experience
- nearest metro is Serrano. About 200m.
- the shops in the vicinity are mainly to do with interior deco, or if you walk a bit more, high end luxury stuff. So for an ordinary shopper like me, a hotel at Gran Via might have been a better choice, in retrospect. But if you like peace and quiet, yet near a station, then this is super.
I could not have asked for a better hotel. As a solo woman traveler I felt welcomed and so comfortable at this lovely, stylish, first class hotel. The location was superb and the staff so friendly and helpful. Out of the many hotels I've stayed in, while in Spain they offered some nice vegan breakfast options for me which was quite refreshing and appreciated because other hotels really struggled in this area.