Gran Melia Fénix – The Leading Hotels of the World
What We Love
- Within easy reach of high-end shopping and historical parks
- Expertly crafted cocktails at the DRY Cosmopolitan Bar; try the vesper martini to start a night on the town
- A short walk from Madrid’s comprehensive metro; you’re less than 10 minutes from any of the city’s diverse neighborhoods
- Free Moët, late checkout and access to a private terrace with open-air Jacuzzi for RedLevel bookings
- Across the street from the Teatro Fernán Gómez Center for Art and Theatre and the National Library of Spain, and just a few minutes from the Prado museum
What To Know
- Quiet, with a generally mature clientele; you’re more likely to encounter families and couples than party seekers
- Classically luxurious decor and an English-speaking staff mean you’re unlikely to find much native cultural charm
- On-site restaurant and bars remain mellow and slightly underwhelming even on weekends
- While certain neighborhoods erupt on weekends, Barrio de Salamanca remains residential and low-key, so expect to take a short walk to find any real nightlife
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Gran Melia Fenix in Madrid (Salamanca), you’ll be minutes from Fernan Gomez Centro Cultural de la Villa and Cristobal Colon Monument. This 5-star hotel is close to Prado Museum and Plaza Mayor.
Make yourself at home in one of the 203 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Treat yourself with body treatments and facials. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Madrid? This hotel has facilities measuring 1292 square feet (120 square meters), including a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
This hotel is immaculate. The rooms are lovely and the folks who work here are welcoming and warm. I love the location too. Breakfast is good and the concierge knows her facts. She was very helpful. The tapas restaurant has an excellent menu.
Tried my former favourite again: no regrets. Nice 2nd room floor. The whole hotel is stylish without being posh: a brilliant combination. No noise despite Castellana facing (additional door between bedroom and hall must have something to do with it). Fantastic bed with amazing pillows (menu). Had 7th floor access but ended up in Dry still as there was more life. Breakfast was nice up there though (great !! Staff). Good rest in a good room for a fair price: what else may you request from a hotel? I’ll be back again.
We spent one night here and we were very impressed with the hotel. Initial impressions of the hotel were excellent and the hotel is very beautiful and exquisitely decorated with superb attention to detail.
We were very warmly greeted at reception and promptly checked in. All of our interactions with staff in the hotel were superb (doormen, reception, housekeeping, breakfast room etc).
The hotel is well located for shopping but is also only a couple of blocks away from a Metro station with access to the whole of Madrid.
Our room was beautifully furnished and with views over Paseo de la Castellana. The room was well soundproofed and with blackout curtains and we had an excellent sleep. The bathroom was well equipped with a bath and powerful rainshower.
The breakfast buffet offered a vast selection of hot and cold food, juices, etc and also had additional items like omelettes, eggs benedict etc made to order.
We would happily stay here again.