Edgewater Beach Hotel
What We Love
- Waterfront location on a seven-mile-long white sand beach
- Two outdoor heated pools (one for laps, one for relaxation)
- Great views of the sun setting into the Gulf from Coast restaurant
What To Know
- Free parking is available; valet costs $25 overnight
- The lovely beach is open to the public as well
- The property is currently undergoing renovation; some areas are completed, others still in progress
- Some rooms aren’t accessible by elevator; if mobility is an issue, ask about proximity
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
The one-and two-bedroom suites (complete with kitchens, grills, flatscreen TVs, and balconies) make this property more like 125 beachfront vacation homes than a hotel. Beyond the rooms, the rest of the resort has all the comforts of hotel living: two heated pools, a fitness center, a pool bar for casual lunches, and Coast, an upscale restaurant right on the shore that specializes in local, sustainable seafood, and organic vegetables. And then, of course, there’s the concierge team who can take the work out of planning a vacation, arranging for fishing or scuba tips, concert tickets, or dinner reservations on Naples’ swank Fifth Avenue.
In the Area
An elegant Southwest Florida city set along miles of white sand beaches, Naples, boasts family-friendly fun with the pleasant Naples Zoo and the Sun-n-Fun Lagoon Waterpark, sporting adventures, and myriad opportunities for adventures in shopping, whether on the boutique and restaurant-lined main drag of Fifth Avenue South or in the swanky designer stores of the Waterside Shops at Pelican Bay.
How to Get There
This was our fifth time staying at this property.....for a reason!!!
We have never been disappointed here and this visit was no exception.
I had a small, self-imposed issue regarding our reservation and from the very first call I made to the front desk while driving over was handled with the upmost professionalism and courtesy. When we finally arrived, we were greeted by the same cheerful & helpful front desk personal that I had spoken with on the phone named Rihanna. Between her and Dominique my issue (again, all my fault) was already resolved way above my expectations. They both made our visit a memory we will cherish for years to come.
The property itself is by far the best in Naples if you desire a true ocean-front property that is beyond clean with amazing amenities and hospitality. You truly get the feeling that the staff genuinely appreciates the guests choosing the Edgewater to stay at.
One last shout out to the housekeeping staff. Upon departing, I had left my wallet in the safe. They made certain to contact me and arrange its return with ALL the contacts still in it.
In conclusion, I highly, highly recommend Edgewater Beach Hotel for your next visit to Naples. You will not leave disappointed!!!
Andrew and Cameron did a fantastic job making sure everything I needed was taken care of even though it was a very busy day and they were the only ones there. I absolutely love the edgewater beach hotel for their amazing costumer service, I would definitely recommend it to anyone stay in Naples fl!
I visit the Edgewater a couple times every year and keep coming back because the hotels atmosphere and the staff can't be compared to any other place. I spent a lot of time on the beach and I really got to know Jorge, Pedro, Joe, Donatello, Brenda, Mark. The crew handling the beach went above and beyond to take care of me with drinks and umbrellas while handling long lines of customers I really don't know how they do it. When they told me that TripAdvisor was how they get graded on their preformance giving them a shoutout is the least I can do. I just regret that my stay couldn't have been longer until next time.
My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Edgewater in mid June and had a glorious visit! We stayed in a beach front suite, which was literally steps from the beach. The room was clean and spacious, with a living room, large bed room, and functional kitchen area with full sized refrigerator, microwave and plenty of plates, silverware, glassware and pots and pans. We especially enjoyed the balcony, the full length of our suite, and the perfect spot for early morning coffee and watching the colorful sunsets at night. Other guests have written about the splendid beach amenities, which we enjoyed every day, so I will instead mention how much we enjoyed breakfast every morning in Coast restaurant and the considerate yet never intrusive service of the very capable staff. Ivan, Steven, Jonathan and Kerrine in the restaurant were particularly attentive, and made us feel very welcome every morning. Bob at the concierge desk was warm and helpful with directions to nearby restaurants and provided cold water without my having to ask when I returned from my morning jogs. Matt at the front desk was hospitable and efficient about our check in and check out procedures and throughout our stay.The Edgewater is quirky, in some respects, but has a charm that exceeded our expectations. It is not the Ritz but doesn't pretend to be. We will definitely return!
There are only a couple of Beach Front (walk out to the beach) hotel in Naples Florida. This is one of 2-3. It is old (because all the beach fronts are due to being grandfathered in years ago when the area past ordinance for only residential on the beach). But it is beautifully maintained and you do not feel like you're in an "old" hotel. The service is perfection. Everything from champagne at check in to homemade cookies in the afternoon. Everyone speaks and is extremely ready to help you with anything you need. I have three kids (12/12/13). I wouldn't bring them here. There were kids there and there are a few kids activities (Connect 4 by the pool, beach rentals, etc). But its just a high end "couples" kind of place (not only the hotel but the area as well). The food at the bar by the beach is good (better than average) but my husband and I shared an order of fish tacos with two drinks and it was $40.00. That's a lot for pool side lunch on Wednesday afternoon. The rooms were beautifully done and the bed was comfortable. We got a top floor suite with a kitchen/foyer/living room/master bedroom and spacious bath for $300 a night including the $30 hotel daily fee. It was a good deal in the off season at such a nice place.
Facts to know
- Its fabulous location on the water with great views and great beach side service.
- Any gulf coast sunset is worth your time and the ones here are no different.
- Its pricey to eat at this hotel.
- Its in a high end area (Naples) with multi million dollars homes lining the beach
- You will have to drive to pier from here/or other food (but not bad)
- Naples rolls up the roads at 8:45. If you stay on the beach and watch the sunset you will be having dinner at Publixs Grocery Store as its the only thing opened. We couldn't even get IHOP at 9:15. It really ashamed no restaurants are open after 9:00 here. And in the middle of June there were people out looking for somewhere to eat.
- Summer is their OFF Season - as this is where "snowbirds" go to spend their winters from the north. So in June its quiet and peaceful if that is what you are looking for. Not at all crowded.
- If you are near by naples - take the time to drive along the beach. The homes and landscaping is well worth the ride to see. Very impressive, very beautiful