Orakai Insadong Suites
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Orakai Insadong Suites in Insadong (Jongno), you’ll be minutes from Ssamji-gil and Jogyesa Temple. This 4-star aparthotel is close to Gyeongbok Palace and Dongdaemun Market.
Make yourself at home in one of the 213 guestrooms, featuring kitchens with refrigerators and stovetops. Flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Conveniences include safes and microwaves, and housekeeping is provided on weekdays only.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities including an indoor pool and a fitness center.
Food & Drink
Continental breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to 10 AM for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, a 24-hour front desk, and luggage storage. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
I truly loved living for nine days at the Orakai Insadong Suites in Seoul. I had a one-bedroom suite which was very modern and comfortable. Located in the arts district in Seoul - great for walking to all of the Palaces and historical sights. Best aspects of the hotel include in room laundry and free shuttle that will take you grocery shopping 3x a week as well as daily to key spots in they city. The staff are polite but not overtly outgoing. The subway is only five minutes walk away. The neighbourhood the hotel is in is very safe. Being able to took (the suite comes with a well stocked kitchen including all utensils, rice cooker, kettle, etc) you don't need to eat out as much. Negatives are no wi-fi in the room. The sofa was also rock-hard. Overall though the hotel was comfortable and affordable. I highly recommend this wonderful hotel.
We spent three days in Seoul with our two kids aged 7 & 10. This hotel is everything a family needs. Space, conveniently located near metro stations and in a fun area to wander about as a tourist on the weekends. In the evening it all closed up and is quiet which again is perfect with small children.
There was an indoor swimming pool and gym. Breakfast buffet was functional, not brilliant but there is a coffee shop downstairs and 7 Eleven across the road.
Rooms were clean and the staff very helpful. We would stay here again.
My husband and I rented a two bedroom premiere room suite. Our adult daughter who lives in Seoul and works as a teacher joined us as well. It was perfect. We had so much space and the beds were very comfortable. Also having two bathrooms with a washing machine was wonderful . We were so comfortable for our 7 night stay. We also had a lovely view of the city as well as the mountains. We didn’t bother with the breakfast but we did use the coffee shop below which was handy. The location was within walking distance of many of the sights. The hotel is modern and new and very clean. The staff are all pleasant and always very helpful. Thank you for making our stay a pleasant one. We will return again next year.
Thank you again
We had a 3 bedroom suite. There were 2 rooms that had windows and a 3rd that didn’t, but for our boys it wasn’t a issue. It might have actually help my little one switch over to the time in Seoul. 2 great bathrooms everyone was very happy to be spaced out. We stayed 3 nights, internet and breakfast wasn’t free. Breakfast was $16 usd per person ages 5 and over it was good but save your money and just go and stroll around insadong and stop in to a coffee shop or a Paris baguette for breakfast.
Clean modern plenty of outlets to plug in your technology, friendly and helpful staff near subway stations.
No. of Pax: 4 crazy ladies from SG, 3rd time in Korea
Stay : 25-30Mar2018
Room : 3BR Corner apartment
- actually more like a 2BR with a study cos the 3rd BR does not have any windows so my gf felt a bit claustrophobic so she shifted out to sleep in the other single BR.
- Good thing there were 2 bathrooms. Useful for 4 ladies in the AM doing makeup. Lol.
- Layout was like a condo apartment in SG. Compact.
Location : can’t say much about it cos we didn’t use the subway at all. Easier to just grab a cab round the corner. But not many peeps knew Orakai’s location cos it used to be Frasers. Just note that Insadong specialty shops (except the makeup stores) seemed to close early around 8pm so not very ‘shopping’ friendly. Lots of food tho which was a decent payoff.
* location : 7-11 just across the street
* great space for 4 peeps
* decent reception (except for one occasion when I was promised a late check out but someone from the desk called to check whether we knew about their checkout time. Hmmm)
* decent cleanliness as they cleaned daily except weekends. However not very consistent. Sometimes they changed the towels and other days towels were not changed. Hmmm
* very polite and helpful doorman
* def the lay out cos the 3rd BR has no windows
* we had to ask for extra pillows on 4 separate occasions as they seemed very very reluctant to accede to our request. Hey, don’t worry, we don’t have space in our luggage to fit your pillows. Lol.
* location : if you want late night shopping, this is not the area for you. Stay in Myeongdong!
* No aircon during winter so reception asked us to open the windows. Really?! But it was so stuffy that we had a desk fan sent up to us on our 1st day. In winter. Duh.
* No free bottle of water. So we used the kettle to death + 7-11 downstairs. Lol
All in all. Not a bad stay but not a fantastic stay.
Would I come back? Hmmm.....