The Gannet Inn
What We Love
- A new boutique Cornwall retreat overlooking a Blue Flag beach, with breakfast and moreEnjoying access to the award-winning C Bay Spa down at sister hotel Carbis Bay
- Making the most of your generous dinner allowance
- The bold prints and gentle sea-inspired hues in your boutique bedroom
- Strolling the stunning golden sands of the Blue Flag-awarded Carbis Bay beach
What To Know
- You can catch the train into central St. Ives or walk along the coastal path which takes 25-30 minutes
- Rooms come in cosy, quirky, family, and spot the gannet (AKA seaview)
- Free WiFi and onsite parking
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Gannet Inn in St Ives (Carbis Bay), you’ll be convenient to Porthminster Beach and West Cornwall Golf Club. This hotel is within close proximity of St. Ives Theatre and St Ives Harbour.
Stay in one of 20 guestrooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have showers and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include desks and coffee/tea makers, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take in the views from a terrace and a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of The Gannet Inn. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk and luggage storage. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We got upgraded to a lovely ocean view room. Great location as a walk down the hill to the beach and full access to the main hotel. Spa massage at the main hotel was amazing. The pool could have been better heated as wasn't that warm.
Staff were very attentive and good client service. Really made you feel welcome and at home.
Stayed here on a deal. Lovely boutique hotel. You can walk or bus into st ives or walk the coastal path but be warned the walk down to carbis bay hotel, station and coastal path is VERY steep.
Breakfast was gorgeous, didn’t have dinner. Drinks were expensive very clean room. Would stay again
Me and my partner were staying in Cornwall in our VW camper for the week and unfortunately it broke down and had to stay in the garage over night. It was around 2.30pm in August so I didn’t have any expectations for where we would be able to stay so last minute, but we called Carbis Bay and they passed us over to their sister hotel, The Gannet, and LUCKILY they had just one room left for us!
We arrived there to be greeted by a lovely receptionist who showed us our room- which was beautiful. Not the most luxurious room I’ve ever seen but absolutely perfect for our stay. The shower was amazing, as was the bed. Next time I need a new mattress I’m seriously calling up to find out what brand it is- I’ve never been so comfy!!
It was my Birthday so was great that we were able to use the facilities at Carbis Bay for the afternoon. The outside spa area is stunning and felt like a true paradise.
The next morning we had the breakfast which we couldn’t complain about- staff even knew our names as we entered the dining room.
All in all- an AMAZING STAY. 100% would recommend to anybody wanting a comfortable place to stay with a little bit of luxury too.
But I do have just a few recommendations of things I think would have improved our stay a little bit- it’s almost perfect as it is but just our opinion to make it even more special-
- I mentioned it was my birthday when booking the room and in hindsight thought it would have been nice for this to have been acknowledged in some way. Not anything extravagant or expensive but a notecard and a chocolate - or even just a notecard in the room- would have made it feel extra special. Just a thought as it is super cheap to do but makes the guest feel really special :)
- At the C Bay spa it would benefit from having waiting staff that take your drink orders and bring them to where you’re sitting. The spa staff were walking around pool side looking for who ordered the drinks but think even one designated member could have done this job and meant we didn’t have to keep walking in to order drinks.
Just some ideas!! As I said, brilliant stay all round :D