Macdonald Bath Spa
What We Love
- Great inhouse spa with large indoor pool for laps plus heated outdoor pool with bubble jets, and a thermal suite with saunas and cool rooms to try
- The service is impeccable, from the butlers in tails who greet you to the room service
- From a Feature Suite you'll be high up enough to get classic Bath views
- The old Georgian part of the hotel, known as the North Wing, has soaring ceilings, aristocratic chandeliers and four-poster beds in some rooms
- Feature Suites include a glass of champagne and canapes every evening, butler service and free parking
What To Know
- Parking costs £5 (unless you're in a Feature Suite)
- It’s not a young and trendy hotel and has some annoying old-school details like expensive phone call charges, marble bathrooms with bidet, and trouser presses
- It’s on Sydney Road, a 15-minutes walk from the centre of Bath, which is lovely but you will need to walk or taxi into town
- The main Vellore restaurant is huge – it is the old ballroom – and if the hotel isn’t full, eating here feels a bit strange
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Macdonald Bath Spa in Bath, you’ll be minutes from Sydney Gardens and The Holburne Museum. This 5-star hotel is close to Bath Abbey and Roman Baths.
Make yourself at home in one of the 129 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. This Victorian hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, a hair salon, and wedding services.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, where you can take in a garden view and dine alfresco (weather permitting). Or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges. English breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
Stayed for 2 nights in June. The food is fantastic and the staff were very friendly and helpful. About a 15 min walk from centre of Bath and great views of the city from the bedrooms and a decent spa.
Amazing hotel situated in Bath. A must stay if you are stopping in the Bath area. Staff were friendly, approachable and welcoming. Rooms were cleaning, tidy and comfortable. Spa facilities were fantastic with multiple suana, steam rooms and pools. Breakfast was great with plenty of choice. Would stop here again if back in the area
I was in Bath on business, so booked a room at this hotel. The greeting at reception was very professinal and friendly. The hotel is very impressive, both outside and in and my room was spacious, clean and very quiet (thank goodness as I had a busy day coming up). I didn't have time to use the spa, but I had a wandered over and it looked very nice.
Breakfast the next day was excellent and it made me wish I'd eaten at the hotel the previous night. So, overall, I would recommend this hotel. Good value, very comfortable and excellent service.
I came on a hen party to this beautiful hotel. I had booked a manicure for my treatment. I’ve never had a manicure in my life so I was looking forward to it. The girl before me from our party ended up repainting her nails as they were so bad!!! The lady had missed the sides of most of her nails
Mine seemed ok at first but the lady while very nice put so much polish on my nails that it just didn’t dry!! After 5 hours it was still squishing around my nails needless to say I’m very unimpressed and dissatisfied at paying £35 for such a shoddy job!! As soon as I get home I’m getting the nail polish remover out!
Excellent service, set in lovely Georgian surroundings. We stayed in a garden room, which was sumptuous and well maintained. Room facilities including fridge, built in wardrobe with internal lighting TV with sound control in the bathroom and a queen sized bed. The hotel bar is well stocked in a nice library style surrounding. The restaurant offers high quality food with fish as a specialty. Recommend the surf and turf. Helpful and attentive staff throughout our stay. The hotel also has some fantastic well maintained grounds with a great spa facility offering both indoor and outdoor pools highly recommended.