Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore by Shangri-La
What We Love
- The Orchard District location, near the shops on Orchard Road
- A friendly staff
- Pick your fish from the tanks in Ah Hoi’s Kitchen, one of 5 on-site restaurants and bars
- Free WiFi
- Club Rooms include free canapés and happy hours in the lounge
- Staff will open the gym and business center 24/7; just call if they’re closed
What To Know
- If you’re not staying in a Club Room, breakfast is $24 per person, per day
- Rooms are midsize (269 square feet) and free of fuss
- Expect to see business travelers
- Regular renovations have updated rooms, but hallways show some wear
- The hotel provides free shuttle bus service to the Orchard area and selected business districts
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
A stay at Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore (Formerly Traders Hotel) places you in the heart of Singapore, walking distance from Tanglin Shopping Centre and American Embassy. This 4-star hotel is close to National Orchid Garden and Chinatown Heritage Center.
Make yourself at home in one of the 565 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, as well as phones with free local calls.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands. If you’d like to spend the day shopping, you can hop on the complimentary shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Although this was included in my Singapore Airlines flight I found the Hotel a long way from the airport and not really walkable to main attractions. Room nice, breakfast lovely and staff extremely helpful.
Had a wonderful experience thanks to Risha at the front desk. We had a long flight with a lot of luggage and wanted to get some rest. She helped us get a room asap and was very friendly in accompanying my friend and I. Thank you.
Stayed in this hotel for a business trip and it was very good. The rooms were of a good size and had everything that was required. Took a while to find the tea/coffee/mugs as they were hidden in a drawer under the kettle that was not that obvious.
Bathroom was well appointed.
The hotel had a number of restaurants which I did not go to. However, it had a very nice pool with loungers around it. The most negative thing about the pool was the sullen guy who was in charge and not at all helpful especially when it was busy.
The hotel had a good system for getting taxis and it was centrally located close to orchard road.
Would definitely visit again.
The hotel is conveniently located near the famous Botanical Garden. The buffet breakfast at the hotel is rich in selection with variety of various ethnic food including Japanese traditional breakfast,
Mixed feelings about this hotel -
Jenna (Robot that delivers room service)
Room is decorated nicely
Location - good location within 10 mins walk of main shops
Floor 2 - direct access to a small shopping centre which had Nando’s in
- Phone was broken in room and not fixed when promised it would be - this meant I missed my wake up call and could have missed my flight if it wasn’t for my boyfriend calling the reception to go upstairs and wake me
- staff - some staff were rude and unhelpful
- bar - the bar by pool is extremely slow , had to wait 40 minutes for one drink , the drink tasted horrible and was not the same as what I ordered
- room service food selection - really poor food options
Overall not a hotel I would choose to return to due to the experience I had with the staff however the hotel itself is beautiful