The Puli Hotel And Spa
What We Love
- Tea-inspired treatments at the hotel’s Anantara Spa
- Creative and award-winning Asian cuisine by New Zealand chef Dane Clouston
- Seasonal eats whipped up by chef Dane Clouston at Jing'An restaurant
- Free WiFi
- 24-hour butler service
- iPod-ready Bose wave music system in each room
What To Know
- Located directly across from Jing'an Park
- No pets allowed
- If you’re traveling in a group, note that extra roll-away beds cost an additional $68 per night
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Puli Hotel And Spa, you’ll be centrally located in Shanghai, minutes from Jiuguang Department Store and Jing An Temple. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Jing An Park and Childrens Municipal Palace.
Make yourself at home in one of the 229 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Your bed comes with down comforters, and all rooms are furnished with sofa beds. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Partially open bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature jetted bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy body treatments and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find a health club, an indoor pool, and a sauna. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and a fireplace in the lobby.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours).
How to Get There
Our friend recommended this spa hotel as a 5* nice and central hotel. We were more then disappointed when we saw our room. It’s old , tired hotel. Definitely need to be refurbished, hairs in the bath room, scratches on the furniture, old and dirty sofa beds, poor concierge service. Hotel is definitely not 5* and definitely not highly recommend
We stayed at PuLi for four days in mid March and were really impressed. From drop dead elegant design to superb cuisine to attentive service to extraordinary location, PuLi ran the table. We loved the Jing'An park next door, as well as the incredible French Concession neighborhood to the immediate south, and incredible shopping to the immediate north and east. The only downside: traffic noise from the elevated highway to the south. We'd locate on the north end of the building the next time we come. Will be back!
enjoyed a four days stay and will come back. Everything was to perfection from the quality of the reception, the quality of the room, the quality of the restaurant the extraordinary spa ,exercise room and swimming pool. I am 77 and like to spend time in the hotels to relax and puli was paradise. Only the french fries and the pumpkin soup were poor at the bar. I was disappointed to ear they are the same at the restaurant because my experience of the restaurant was fully satisfactory.
Stayed at this property a few times over the years and absolutely love the hotel. Staff is discrete while eager to please, the lobby is beautiful in addition to the understated and elegant interior. I've stayed in different room categories and there's superb value offered in entry level rooms.
- Service is discrete yet attentive
- Good spa and facilities offered, though treatments are slightly overpriced
- Interior/decor both timeless and beautiful
- Rooms are big even for entry level rooms, lots of storage, room layout has large separate bathroom. Bathtub next to large window which overlooks the city.
- Well stocked free mini bar in addition to welcome tea and bites
- Usually make my bookings through my lux TA with benefits or book direct, but the one time I booked through an online TA I received a call from front desk at 12:03 essentially telling me to checkout on the dot
- Slightly pricey for entry lux hotels in Shanghai
- Not much additional value added going up room categories
So many design details were considerably measured. Im a sculptor and designer, so these things are important to my over all enjoyment. The architectural and interior textures were numerous without being invasive. The quality of the bedding, the layout of the space, the roomy shower, separate bath and closet space. We stayed in the comfort executive king room. It was outstanding. I rarely stay in a hotel where I would consider the layout as thoughtful as I would the Puli. It is expensive, but as a one off now and then, I think its worth it. If it was a bit less costly, I would certainly enjoy spending more time at this Brand. They take care of you from start to finish and the design is beyond reproach. Go and enjoy and take the time to take in all the beautiful elements of this hotel.