Pudong Shangri-La East Shanghai
What We Love
- Unabashed luxury and style amid Shanghai’s frenetic metropolis
- Classy cocktails and views at Jade on 36
- Himalayan-glam pampering at Chi, the Spa
- 10 restaurants and bars to choose from
- In Horizon rooms, daily breakfast and Horizon Club privileges are included in the Jetsetter rate
What To Know
- The hotel is located in the Pudong New District; Shanghai’s landmark highlights are across the river in Puxi
- With 952 rooms, the hotel isn’t intimate
- There are two wings: the classically styled River Wing and the more contemporary Grand Tower
- The Lujiazui metro station is a 5-minute walk from the hotel
- Deluxe River View Rooms have the best views of the Bund
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Pudong Shangri-La East Shanghai in Shanghai (Lujiazui), you’ll be minutes from Super Brand Mall and Pudong Riverside Promenade and Park. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Oriental Pearl Tower and Shanghai Municipal History Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 951 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Dip into one of the 2 indoor swimming pools or enjoy other recreational amenities including a health club and an outdoor tennis court. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 5 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and limo/town car service. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a train station pick-up service.
How to Get There
Pudong Shanghai-La is one of the best hotels in Shanghai. The location is great within the shopping area and a beautiful view of the river. The staff is pleasant and helpful.
I travel there for business almost every month. On my last visit, I forgot my wallet in my room. By the time when I got to the airport, they already contacted my airline and told them what happened. On the following trip back to The hotel, they took it out from the safe and everything was still in my wallet.
I would like to thank Mr. William at concierge and Mrs. Jean who cleaned my room. Thank you for your professionalism and honesty.
- top grade furnishings
- large, Olympic size pool and well equipped gym with state of art weight machines and nice outdoor area
- spa was a cut above even very nice hotel spas...superb calming ambience, high quality service and treatments (including discount for hotel guests)....Linda the masseuse was outstanding
- concierge was very helpful in offering tips for exploring the city
- personalized checkin where they take you directly to your room rather than have you wait in line in the reception desk was a nice touch. Benefited from other TA reviewers’ recommendation to stay at the Grand Tower rather than River wing which is older
- pool should replace its water which was getting a bit old, and clean the slimy tiles
- room service breakfast expensive for what you get...eg Japanese breakfast a disappointment
- dinner buffet expensive and reliant on raw shellfish and sushi which I would worry about eating in China.
- dinner at Japanese restaurant onsite was expensive though service was good
Would come here again.
I only went for lunch here at the resturant at top with view of everywhere. I love the location of the Shangri-La to stay because it is across the river in East Shanghai. It is clean and quiet and lots of trees and greenery. Still plenty of restaurants. You can walk to all the famous buildings like the Pearl.you can take a ferry to cross the bund very easy.it is a very elegant area. The Shangri-La is a top world class luxury hotel.
Only my second stay in this hotel this year, but even better than first time. Great service from when you walk in. Room was spacious, clean and great views. Breakfast is great, with both Chinese and European options. The limo service to the airport is recommendable. Absolutely nothing to improve!
There are so many great hotels in Shanghai, there is something to meet anyone's needs. Most of the time when traveling in Asia, we choose Shangri-La's as our hotels of choice. We have never been disappointed!
On arrival, we usually take advantage of the hotel's meet and greet service at the airport. After a long flight, it's definitely worth the splurge to have a hotel representative there to meet you and escort you to their car for transfers to the hotel. Upon arrival at the hotel a representative met us car and took us directly to the room where all off the check in formalities were completed. It was great to by pass the line at the front desk. Shortly thereafter, our luggage arrived and we were settled in for the evening. We chose a room Premium room which gave us access to the Horizon Club in the Grand Tower. The room was large with two TV's and a sitting area. As a couple we later realized that we probably did not need all the extra space.
The Grand Tower is newer and more moderne with floor to ceiling window and amazing view of the river. If you prefer a more traditional room, then I would recommend the River View. The views are equally amazing.
The staff in the Horizon Club was wonderful. It was led by Judy Leung, a transplant from Vancouver, BC CANADA. She always remembered the names of the guests and was able to provide a wealth of information on what to do to make your stay more enjoyable.
All of the staff did a great job remembering our names and what drinks we ordered from the previous visits. You have the opportunity to eat breakfast in the lounge or in the main restaurant. Weekends tended to be a busier in the restaurant so we saved that for the week. By eating in the restaurant you had a wider meal choices both local and international.
Keep in mind that this is a bigger hotel so there may be more groups using which is why I recommend the Horizon Club. It's a hotel within a hotel! Food was delicious, afternoon tea was great and restaurant choices were superb.