Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai
What We Love
- The modern sensibility matched with Shangri-La’s classic service
- The sports complex, featuring a pool, classes, equipment and more
- A huge variety of beers — including the hotel’s own microbrew — at the Brew bar
- Three restaurants on-site
- Proximity to Century Park and other tourist attractions
- Room for kids — there’s an Adventure Zone that offers childcare service
What To Know
- A 15 percent service charge will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Expect to see business travelers
- The city center is about 30 minutes away (as is Shanghai’s biggest attraction, the Bund)
- The Metro and the Maglev train station are nearby, with connections to Pudong International Airport
- The hotel opened in February 2011
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Located in Shanghai (Lujiazui), Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai is convenient to Shanghai New International Expo Centre and Century Park. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Shanghai Science and Technology Museum and Yuanshen Stadium.
Make yourself at home in one of the 574 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 40-inch flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 4 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and a meeting room. A shuttle from the hotel to the airport is provided for a surcharge at scheduled times, and extended parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This hotel is a gem, with excellent staff and accommodations. The hotel is easy to reach from the airport by metro. Hotel is attached to a shopping mall with great retail and nice restaurants too. The hotel property itself has very good restaurants as well - a brew pub with outdoor seating. We enjoyed an expansive breakfast buffet everyone morning - the price was a little high, but the food was yummy. You can order off the menu as well, and a save a few dollars.
My room as cleaned at least twice per day, and I was given additional bottled water and fruit or snacks. The room attendant brought me extra hangers after noticing that I had used all of the provided hangers -- and she left me a note letting me know she had done this! What great service!
I would stay here again.
Very good sleep eat and everything.
Ftiendly staff! Very clean hotel. Very good room service. Great restaurants. The fitness center one of the best.
We stayed here for the fair and the location is very convenient!
Stayed one night in a Shanghai for business meeting. Friendly, fast and efficient check in and check out. Good and clean rooms. Nice breakfast restaurant with wide variety. Close to shanghai city and pudong business district.
Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, though I was around this area for an entire week so had a quite a bit of experience around the area, especially with the adjacent Kerry Parkside mall. Overall a very nice place to stay (or even to just hang around).
- Great room overall. I didn't identify anything in the room that had an issue or was "broken", unlike a lot of rooms in various hotels that I have stayed in.
- Very nice bathroom/shower/tub thing they have going on inside their rooms. Design of shower/tub makes it so you can take a really nice shower or tub, and there's plenty of room for either.
- Hotel personnel was great overall. Everyone I came across had decent to good English (not necessarily the norm around this area), as well as were "nice" and helpful (which definitely isn't the norm around this area).
- Food overall was excellent, though some of the places were a tad expensive for what was provided. Tons of choices, especially because of the adjacent mall that has tons of great restaurants.
- Nicely stocked mini bar in the room, compared to other similar hotels. It seems the norm around here was that the mini bar items were complimentary when first checking into the room.
- Excellent options for drinking a little alcohol at night, there's a place that serves craft beers, or you can opt for various places to get a nice glass of wine or some custom-made cocktails.
- Great place to stay for foreign tourists/business-folks. Seems they have a LOT of foreign folks that stay here.
- Adjacent mall has great shopping/dining/drinking/activity options. Medium-sized, and really had a great variety... kid activities stuff, local festival options (they had a craft beer festival during one of the weekends I was here), cuisines of all different styles/cultures/price-points, and even a supermarket that apparently had a lot of items from foreign lands.
- Literally adjacent to the Metro system. In fact, one of the Metro exits goes directly into the Kerry Parkside mall.
- Bed a bit too hard for my taste, but nothing ridiculous.
- Shower floor just a tad slippery.
- A bit confusing navigating from the hotel to the mall to the subway, until you get used to it.
- Room a bit smaller than a nearby equivalent (5-star) hotel.
Bottom line, I highly recommend staying here.
Hard to fault this hotel. Very nice rooms, great staff and good location especially if you are attending a fair at the new expo buildings next door. The WiFi is appalling but that’s China, at least for western sites. The buffet is among the best I’ve seen ever, 7 stations representing every region of the world. If you can’t find something you like here you would have to be hard to please. Excellent shopping within the site if you need to shop. Short cab into the city so overall, very nice.