Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao
What We Love
- The service and luxury Shangri-La is known for, from the grand lobby all the way down to the beer at Café Yum
- The spa’s signature massage features shells gathered from the local beach
- Sampling some of Qingdao’s famously fresh seafood at the authentic Shang Palace
- The huge frescoes in the lobby, depicting scenes from ancient China
- Book a Valley Wing Room for access to the private lounge and perks like breakfast and butler service
What To Know
- A 15 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Last renovation was in May 2011; in 2012 some Superior Rooms and third-floor space will be renovated
- Expect business travelers
- There are many golf courses in Qingdao, but the nearest is about 30 minutes away
- Sunny and warm, summer is the best season to visit the city — but you’ll see lots of other tourists
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
In the heart of Qingdao, Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao is close to May Fourth Square and Zhanshan Temple. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Qingdao Botanical Gardens and Hisense Plaza.
Make yourself at home in one of the 696 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find a health club, an indoor pool, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Qingdao? This hotel has 43056 square feet (4000 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A shuttle from the airport to the hotel is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We stayed here for three days. Other than the amenities and good services other Shangri-la's have, the convenient location of this hotel is a big plus. The seashore is within the walking distance, and there is a great shopping mall next to it. The buildings in the area are pretty, especially at night when the lightings are all turned on. We took a boat tour on the sea from the dock, after a short walk and it was nice.
Stayed at the Shangri-La for a weekend and overall it’s a very nice hotel. The foyer and decor overall are great however just a couple of things to take notice of: Breakfast is great but is very limited after around 10:00 in the morning and there’s the occasional smell of people smoking in some parts of the hotel. But overall it’s a great place to stay, make sure to request a water view when you check in!!
I was settled in this hotel with friends on the 10th of July and I was surprised on their excellent services. The lady who was named Chelsea at the reception introduced me many interesting places in Qingdao and she helped my friend and I on the language issues as this is my first time to come to China. I was worried about the language problem before I came to China, however when I was checking in, Chelsea’s English surprised me, it was actually pretty good, which I was relaxed and made a successful progress. We really appreciate on that!! She gave me a map with English translation, and supported me to download some Chinese apps for traveler. And gladly she has been to Australia, so we had a lovely chat.