Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao
What We Love
- The service and luxury Shangri-La is known for, from the grand lobby all the way down to the beer at Café Yum
- The spa’s signature massage features shells gathered from the local beach
- Sampling some of Qingdao’s famously fresh seafood at the authentic Shang Palace
- The huge frescoes in the lobby, depicting scenes from ancient China
- Book a Valley Wing Room for access to the private lounge and perks like breakfast and butler service
What To Know
- A 15 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Last renovation was in May 2011; in 2012 some Superior Rooms and third-floor space will be renovated
- Expect business travelers
- There are many golf courses in Qingdao, but the nearest is about 30 minutes away
- Sunny and warm, summer is the best season to visit the city — but you’ll see lots of other tourists
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
In the heart of Qingdao, Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao is close to May Fourth Square and Zhanshan Temple. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Qingdao Botanical Gardens and Hisense Plaza.
Make yourself at home in one of the 696 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find a health club, an indoor pool, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Qingdao? This hotel has 43056 square feet (4000 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A shuttle from the airport to the hotel is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The Shangri-La Qingdao is not very new, yet it managed to preserve its splendor and the highest quality in hospitality.
It is beautifully decorated, centrally located with the newest mall and metro next door
Amazing people, wonderful service, makes you wish your trip was longer
Stayed for one night. Expected the room to be much better. The room feels a little old and the bed is less comfortable than the usual shangrila beds. Maybe we have to Book the valley wing for better rooms.
Overall in a good location beside a mall and the metro station
Amazing hotel. I have been coming here for years. Very comfortable. The staff is so helpful. Becky is great! I normally stay on the executive level. If you are staying in Qingdao...The Shangrila is the place to stay!