Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza
What We Love
- Heated indoor pool
- A revolving 49th-floor restaurant with killer city views
- The 10,000-square-foot Inzone Gym, the largest in the province of Shandong
- Bold, colorful modern art and sculpture in the public spaces
What To Know
- WiFi is free
- The hotel opened in 1999
- On-site parking is free
- The Jinan airport is a 40-minute drive from the hotel
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
The award-winning Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza is a high-rise luxury hotel with epic city views. Fully revamped in 2009, and within walking distance of Quancheng Square, its gleaming exterior is an integral part of Jinan’s dramatic skyline. The lobby is sleek and striking, with super-high ceilings, funky glass sculptures and walls bedecked with brightly colored modern artworks. Sweeping views of Jinan’s mountain backdrop give a sense of space to the already spacious living areas. The 356 guestrooms and suites are done in soft gold and olive tones, with thick pile carpets, Midcentury-style furniture and slick recessed lighting. The marble bathrooms are suitably swank; walk-in rain showers and Lanvin or Hermès beauty products come standard. Hit the treadmill at the gigantic Inzone Gym, or ease aching muscles with a dip in the glass-domed heated pool. The dining options are varied; think fire-baked pizzas at Biscotti, local delicacies cooked in the open kitchen at the Garden, or fancy Asian fare at Silver Sky, a revolving restaurant on the 49th floor. Finish your evening with a glass of wine in the Lobby Lounge, where there’s live piano music seven nights a week.
In the Area
Start your exploration of the ancient capital of Shandong Province with a stroll through the landscaped grounds of Baotu Spring Park. Come in the morning to avoid the crowds, and walk to the pretty Guanlan Pavilion to watch the spring bubbling up through the emerald water. Next, hop in a cab to Thousand Buddha Mountain, in the southeastern section of the city. Climb the 300 stone steps to Xingguochan Temple, and your midday workout will be rewarded with a spellbinding sight: scores of Buddhas carved into the mountainside, as well as many freestanding statues, some dating back 1500 years, to the Siu dynasty.
How to Get There
Perfect service and good view here, everyone here are friendly& helpful . Club Millesime is really amazing place in hotel. Environment is wonderful,quite. Alex Si the club manager served me so happy like in family. Thanks for your help and cares.
Stayed there for two nights with my family for quick visit to Jinan. Overall the hotel was not too bad with a very good location although you can see the hotel's facility is a little bit outdated. The bed are very comfortable and I had a very nice sleep
However I do not think this hotel can be even better if the the attention paid to the software part:
1) When we checked in , we found the room allocated to us was not very clean with hairs in the sink and other ares. We spoke to the mgr and got a room upgrade and the manger we spoke to were quite helpful;
2) I did some work in the executive lounge but spotted twice the stuff using the bare hand to place the chocolate. Also the stuff serving the noodle bar in the breakfast were playing with their mobile while they were supposed to serve the customer. I made a complaint to F&B manager who seemed taking the matter very seriously.
3) Stuff lack of training a little bit especially the stuff working the lounge. For example , I asked to produce a room key and was told the stuff on duty is just a trainee who knows little about lounge facility. In my view, a trainee should not be placed in the executive lounge to serve the guest. However Alex I saw in the lounge was very helpful. He managed to process the check out in the executive lounge while another stuff said NO to me and he helped to get the basic medicine when my wife had a cut in her finger
Overall most of staff are very attentive and are trying to be helpful however you can tell some of them desperately need up to standard training.
I belive this hotel could be much better than now if the software part can been sorted out properly
Yes, Sofitel is an international chain and thus a tad generic. This one is worth your time, as it’s just two blocks from the main city square and has a revolving buffet restaurant on the top floor. Rooms, beds, and bath are fully Western and as comfortable as anywhere. Reception staff speak English, and even the restaurant staff are used to foreign visitors.
I had the pleasure to spend a rather long period in the Sofitel Silver Plaza hotel in Jinan, and it was a unique experience.
The staff was really wonderful, starting from the general manager who himself was very available and friendly, as well as the reception workers that helped in any way when I needed.
The breakfast on the top floor was excellent, with a large variety of both Chinese and western food. Plus, the rotating panoramic restaurant let's you enjoy a splendid view when the weather allows it.
The second floor Italian restaurant named "Biscotti" was really good as the meals were prepared and served by very high qualified people.
I have used the indoor pool, the gym and traditional acupuncture service as well, and all of these facilities turns out to be very satisfactory.
The hotel itself is a bit dated as it was one of the first luxury hotels in Jinan but good maintenance keeps it in perfect shape.
I advise it to anyone traveling to the capital of the Shandong province.
I visited some dear friends i haven't seen for 20 years.
Hotel was great!
Great breakfast at the 49th floor (revolving deck)
Beside a mall, there are other malls across the road near intercontinental hotel.