What We Love
- Feeling as if you have your very own Georgian townhouse in Edinburgh’s glorious New Town
- No city does high ceilings, vast windows, elegant cornices and plush pelmets quite like Edinburgh, and this hotel is quintessentially Edinburgh
- Couples love the Nira Caledonia; two of the Jacuzzi Suites offer their own private gardens
- All bedrooms feel warm and welcoming, far removed from the clinical ambience of some boutique hotels
- The cozy restaurant and bar are well worth staying in for
- WiFi is free
What To Know
- It’s an easy 10-minute downhill walk from Edinburgh’s central thoroughfare of Princes Street, but that means a steep hike back up
- Some rooms feature Jacuzzis, but the best way to guarantee one is to book a Jacuzzi Suite
- With no real amenities to speak of, this is not a good place for gym fanatics, spa fans or families
- Room service is available 24 hours a day
- The hotel is split into two buildings (No. 6 and No. 10) -- reception is located in No. 6
- Free WiFi
A stay at Nira Caledonia places you in the heart of Edinburgh, walking distance from St. Stephens Centre and Georgian House. This 4-star hotel is close to Princes Street Gardens and Edinburgh Castle.
Make yourself at home in one of the 28 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Your Select Comfort bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. 42-inch plasma televisions and DVD players are provided, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms have deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries.
Take in the views from a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary full breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. A shuttle from the airport to the hotel is available for a surcharge.
How to Get There
Good location, hotel staff lovely, breakfast very good, however for dinner I wasn’t really happy with dessert was not tasty at all. Rooms are exactly as in the photos. Per total I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel.
I am a regular Hyatt customer so had high expectations. I was not disappointed - this hotel is lovely. The staff really cared that my wife and I enjoyed our stay. When it came to sight-seeing, eating out and making the most of Edinburgh there was always somebody who was able and wanting to help. The hotel is located in New Town which is perfect for sightseeing and enjoying the best of Edinburgh.
Definitely recommend the full Scottish breakfast!
Booked this with miles. Having travelled in Europe many times, I was prepared for a smaller room compared to the US, but it was smaller even than I had expected, with minimal drawer space to unpack our luggage. That said, the service was impeccable. Fantastic staff and great breakfast. Cozy bar to end our days touring. The restaurant is also excellent with fresh seafood. Next time, we will pay more for the larger suites!