What We Love
- Feeling as if you have your very own Georgian townhouse in Edinburgh’s glorious New Town
- No city does high ceilings, vast windows, elegant cornices and plush pelmets quite like Edinburgh, and this hotel is quintessentially Edinburgh
- Couples love the Nira Caledonia; two of the Jacuzzi Suites offer their own private gardens
- All bedrooms feel warm and welcoming, far removed from the clinical ambience of some boutique hotels
- The cozy restaurant and bar are well worth staying in for
- WiFi is free
What To Know
- It’s an easy 10-minute downhill walk from Edinburgh’s central thoroughfare of Princes Street, but that means a steep hike back up
- Some rooms feature Jacuzzis, but the best way to guarantee one is to book a Jacuzzi Suite
- With no real amenities to speak of, this is not a good place for gym fanatics, spa fans or families
- Room service is available 24 hours a day
- The hotel is split into two buildings (No. 6 and No. 10) -- reception is located in No. 6
- Free WiFi
A stay at Nira Caledonia places you in the heart of Edinburgh, walking distance from St. Stephens Centre and Georgian House. This 4-star hotel is close to Princes Street Gardens and Edinburgh Castle.
Make yourself at home in one of the 28 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Your Select Comfort bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. 42-inch plasma televisions and DVD players are provided, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms have deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries.
Take in the views from a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary full breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. A shuttle from the airport to the hotel is available for a surcharge.
How to Get There
A stylish, modern (whilst exploiting and retaining the features of a classic Edinburgh building) hotel Jinan airy and quiet yet central part of New Town. Style without fuss. Reasonably priced and very helpful staff.
This lovely hotel in the heart of Edinburgh offers high standard and brilliant breakfast. Rooms are nice and spacious and bathroom is well equipped with a modern shower with several functions. I highly recommend this hotel!
Few of us decided to enjoy Edinburg for a couple days after a golf trip. Nira Caladonia fit us perfectly. Great quiet location, top service , delicious food, and a welcoming atmosphere made for a hotel I’d return.
My friend recommended Nira Caledonia and we were very pleased with our accommodations. The concierge was particularly friendly and helpful. The room was lovely with a nice little garden space for our room.
This boutique hotel has a very accommodating staff. There are clean and modern rooms. If you have trouble with multiple flights of stairs, request a lower floor. The restaurant has an excellent breakfast. If it’s not included in your price, the breakfast will cost 15 pounds.