Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa – All Inclusive
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa – All Inclusive in Montego Bay, you’ll be near the airport and minutes from Cinnamon Hill Golf Course and Rose Hall Great House. This 4.5-star resort is within close proximity of The Shoppes at Rose Hall and Montego Bay Convention Centre.
Make yourself at home in one of the 489 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Rooms have private furnished balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can get some exercise with a round of golf or enjoy a lazy day at the private beach. Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
This resort is all inclusive. Rates include meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 6 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 5 bars/lounges.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Montego Bay? This resort has 23250 square feet (2160 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This was my fifth visit to Hilton Rose Hall, unfortunately there were several bumps in the road this time.
Check in was very slow, unorganized, rooms weren't ready and once they were (2 hrs later) the room requested was not given to us. We weren't shown to our room but was just sent on our way, it's a good thing we know our way around the resort!
After a couple nights, I noticed very itchy bug bites on my legs every morning when waking up. I believe it was bed bugs as after the room was cleaned and new beds brought in the bug bites stopped.
These bites were not mosquitoe bites , they were very itchy, red and raised.
The management did their best to help me feel comfortable and helped to ensure things were made right.
Now the good ....
The food is AWESOME, no need for the fancy restaurants, the buffet is the best buffet at any resort I've been to.
The lazy river , so much fun!
Dwayne was the best staff member, always willing to help and make us feel at home.
This is / was my place to go, I'm not sure if I'll give it another try. Guess we will see what next year brings.
We requested and were promised from the Diamond Desk a beachfront room with direct access to the beach from our room. I think that was the only thing that went terribly wrong. Overall the facility was older but very clean and well maintained and most of the staff was wonderful. It was a trip for my birthday and my husband (who lives in another country for one more year) was meeting the children and me there, so this was to be a very special trip for us. Check in is a nightmare, doesn't matter what time or what day, you are guaranteed to stand in line for a great deal of time. After standing in line forever and then being pulled out of line to discuss the room, the manger then put us back (in the back) in the line again, so we had to wait twice. Our room issue was resolved the following day, but while we waited for the second room to be ready, we were asked to leave the first room. So the first day we didn't have our room until after five, we were asked to vacate this room in the morning and had to wait until late in the afternoon for our second room. So our luggage wasn't accessible for almost two of the five day trip. I really think the management let us down and couldn't seem to understand why this was upsetting.
Diamond members are supposed to have a free day in a cabana, but they were booked for the entire time we were there. Again, why wouldn't there be some type of hold on a day when you book if there aren't enough cabanas?
The rest was great, which is why they are holding the four star review. Diamond members do have free room service and this is a great perk, even better if you actually have a room! LOL
Book your reservations for the restaurants on FB Messenger. There is a fair amount of confusion regarding their ocean front restaurant. In previous reviews, it has been said this is an Asian restaurant. We were even told that on a introduction tour of the hotel. It hasn't been an Asian restaurant for months. It is a seafood restaurant and service was outstanding. The Italian restaurant was also good, as was The Palm across the street. I would book in the restaurants every night. The buffet has a cruise like feel which isn't very appealing to me. Bring or purchase tubes or you will not have one. There is one tube for about every four guests trying to find one. The swim up bar on the lazy river was great. They should fire the people who run the water sports shop at the end of the beach. I think they may be run by another company, but they were lazy and very rude. If someone posed as a guest and saw how people were treated, I'm certain it would be addressed. They make a great deal of money on Hilton guests and a simple request to blow up a football wasn't honored for two days. Really obnoxiously rude too.
Anyway, most of the food was good, the pastries won't taste like anything familiar, but that helped me because I would eat too much sugar if it did. They had a beautiful outside buffet on Thanksgiving and the jerk hut was great. Overall, good bang for your buck.
We are a family of 3 (2 adults and 1 x 10 year old). We have traveled most of the Caribbean and lived in 7 countries. This is our honest opinion.
We stayed for a week in Dec 2018.
- great waterpark for children and adults
- the 3 al-cart restaurants were hit and miss. We loved the 3 Palms and other people we met didn't. Other people loved the Seafood restaurant we didn't .Overall most people liked them
- entertainment. Each night there was something to do which both adults and kids loved. Our favorite was the Sunday night Beach BBQ, crab racing but we enjoyed them all. Don't expect anything spectacular but its fun.
- Jamaica Jerk hut. On site and always good for Jerk Chicken and Pork
- Beef Patties!! Local and so so good!
- Good Quality drinks (but make sure you ask for them by name or you will get the cheaper 'no name' brands)
- staff. I can't remember any staff that weren't great. Highlights were Pauline at Annies, Laurence and Kenneth at the 3 Palms, Donaldo at the pool bar plus our housekeeper (sorry don't know her name but she looked after room 156)
- Check in. What a disaster! We arrived late and room still not ready at 5:30. Room was not clean once we got in and had to get housekeeping in. No hotel information given or no help to our room. No welcome drink. Just a disaster! Not a good first impression
- Breakfast was always a buffet which became very tired after 3 days. WHy not other options Hilton???
- Coffee shop only opens at 7am? Coffee was great but why not earlier? Please. Yes coffee is available 24 hours.
- We loved the pool area but it is looking tired with tiles missing around the pool and the place just needing some TLC
- Rooms. Tired, a fresh coat of paint needed, musty (take Lysol is our recommendation), very basic décor and just not that great.
- Overrun by locals that have little care for anyone else on the weekends. Saturday was so busy at the pool area with local people with no respect for anyone else around them and or the rules. Come on Hilton this isn't acceptable!!! And before anyone jumps on me for this, I had lived in the Caribbean for 3 years previously.
- Beach. If you want a golden Caribbean beach this isn't the spot, the water is warm but not clear. The beach is rocky in place and lots of seaweed.
Also if you want to do a day trip check out Mellow Tours!
This place is awesome. Funny thing was that I booked it because I didn’t want to deal with what seemed like a lot of seaweed in Mexico and the Dominican. My agent suggested Jamaica, but there was quite a bit of seaweed here, but it didn’t really do much to dampen our trip.
So why only four stars you ask? Good question!
So I’m going to start off with the cons:
1. Downsides to the beach. Seaweed, rocks and limited swim area. It wasn’t the white sand clear water we had expected, and we did have to deal with a bit of seaweed. What I learned though, is that there are no actual monsters hiding in it and it won’t kill you. So it wasn’t so bad. However! There are some rocky parts at the main beach that are definitely very uncomfortable to walk on. The last downside was the sectioned off swim area was pretty small, we would have liked to swim out farther.
2. The dreaded connected rooms. I think they said 98% of their rooms are connected. Which at first doesn’t seem like much of an issue, but if you’re next door to a crying baby, like we were, you’re not gonna get much sleep when he/she wakes up at 4am screaming. Our first room was awesome and spacious, it was a pitty we had to change rooms, but the amazingly friendly and helpful staff were happy to switch our rooms for us. Our second room, however (one of the 2% non connected ones) was super cramped. Like not enough room to walk between the bed and the dresser without turning sideways. Not exaggerating here. But seeing as we spent most of our time outdoors it didn’t really matter.
Now the pros:
First off the food. Oh my lord the food. Food, food, food. I went there much skinnier than I returned. The food was amazing.
Second, the staff. Yes from time to time you may get attitude, but I found if you just joke around with who ever is serving you they get friendly fast. I’d say 95% of the time they’re so fun and friendly. The other 5% can be turned with a joke and a smile.
Third, the lazy river is super fun. Just relax and float around in circles until you’re red as a lobster. Just kidding, wear sun screen... seriously, wear it. There are also a couple of water slides that are fun to ride down. One with your tube, the other on your back. The only down side is it gets challenging to get a tube sometimes. But if you're patient and just float around for a while you will eventually get one. We also got a tube within about 10 min.
Fourth, the ocean is warm, it's refreshing, but it's warm too. You don't get that shock when you go into the water. I mean, I heard some people complaining and going in painfully slow, but it's warm... don't believe me? Google it.
Fifth, live reggae on the beach! If you don't like reggae? ... well, don't go to Jamaica if you don't like reggae.
Finally, according to my wife, the drinks are just okay. I liked them, but I think she wanted something more... who knows what she wants ever, she's like an enigma wrapped in a riddle, but I digress. The drinks were fine. If you're a beer drinker, you better love Red Stripe. The coffee is awesome, and there are a wide variety of fresh juices.
All in all, an awesome trip. I will definitely go back to Jamaica. It's not as scary and dangerous as all of your office co-workers are saying it is. Basically don't go to bad areas to try to find drugs and you likely wont find yourself getting into any trouble.
Overall the resort, food and experience were excellent. We were there Dec. 1-8.
Checkin did take quite awhile and we were a small group. The Concierge(Arneica(sorry for spelling), helped me twice with minor things to avoid waiting in long check in lines.
We ate at Seaside Grill, 3 Palms and twice at Italian place and all were excellent. We had the tomahawk(40 oz) steak on our last night and it was delicious. We didn't have any issues booking times for the whole week.
Kids pool, Lazy river and waterslides were excellent for our 7 year old child. Pizza place and jerk hut were very good.
Service was very good with everyone we interacted with.
Room was nice and had a view. Property was a bit run down in a few places but overall quite nice. I would recommend it for families.