Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
What We Love
- Free buffet breakfast and WiFi
- Panoramic river and mountain views
- Traditional barbecues and Pisco tastings at the restaurant
- Unique activities like traditional shaman ceremonies
- Plush bedding and Peruvian textiles
- The brand new outdoor heated swimming pool
What To Know
- There is a 10 percent service charge collected at checkout
- The property opened in 2010
- There are no TVs in the rooms
- The hotel is ideally situated for exploring the towns of the Sacred Valley, and is an easy drive from the city of Cusco
- Trains to Machu Picchu depart from nearby Urubamba and Olllantaytambo stations
- The spa offers treatments using native herb and plant extracts
- The hotels slopes down a hill towards the river, so there are a lot of steps to navigate
- Members will be charged a 18% IVA tax by the property upon check-in that is exempt to foreigners of Peru. To avoid this fee, be sure to provide documentation at the time of check-in
- A mandatory $155 New Year's Eve Gala Dinner charge per person for those staying on December 31 will be collected on property
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Located in Urubamba, Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado is on the riverwalk, minutes from Santuario del Senor de Torrechayoc, and close to Iglesia de Urubamba. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Plaza de Armas and Estadio de Urubamba.
Make yourself at home in one of the 23 guestrooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Your memory foam bed comes with down comforters. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find a health club, an outdoor pool, and a sauna. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, wedding services, and a television in the lobby.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar and a garden view. You can also stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and dry cleaning/laundry services. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a train station pick-up service.
How to Get There
We really enjoyed this beautiful hotel even though we stayed only one night on our way to Matchu Picchu! We wished we could stay a bit loner to enjoy tranquility of this resort ! Food and service was truly wonderful! Highly recommended.
Lovely individual rooms spread throughout the grounds. We had a lovely view of the river just below that runs by the hotel. An idyllic location. We relaxed by the pool one afternoon and attracted the two young alpacas who came to say 'hello '. The service and food were both excellent and it is a great place to relax after sightseeing.
My wife and I recently stayed at the Belmond Rio Sagrado and we were blown away by the amazing location, rooms, but most of all the staff. They are amazing people that only seem to care that your stay at their hotel is beyond expectations. The breakfast every morning is outstanding and the attention to detail at the resort and spa is exceptional. 10/10 for our stay here.