Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
What We Love
- Free buffet breakfast and WiFi
- Panoramic river and mountain views
- Traditional barbecues and Pisco tastings at the restaurant
- Unique activities like traditional shaman ceremonies
- Plush bedding and Peruvian textiles
- The brand new outdoor heated swimming pool
What To Know
- There is a 10 percent service charge collected at checkout
- The property opened in 2010
- There are no TVs in the rooms
- The hotel is ideally situated for exploring the towns of the Sacred Valley, and is an easy drive from the city of Cusco
- Trains to Machu Picchu depart from nearby Urubamba and Olllantaytambo stations
- The spa offers treatments using native herb and plant extracts
- The hotels slopes down a hill towards the river, so there are a lot of steps to navigate
- Members will be charged a 18% IVA tax by the property upon check-in that is exempt to foreigners of Peru. To avoid this fee, be sure to provide documentation at the time of check-in
- A mandatory $155 New Year's Eve Gala Dinner charge per person for those staying on December 31 will be collected on property
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Located in Urubamba, Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado is on the riverwalk, minutes from Santuario del Senor de Torrechayoc, and close to Iglesia de Urubamba. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Plaza de Armas and Estadio de Urubamba.
Make yourself at home in one of the 23 guestrooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Your memory foam bed comes with down comforters. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find a health club, an outdoor pool, and a sauna. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, wedding services, and a television in the lobby.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar and a garden view. You can also stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and dry cleaning/laundry services. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a train station pick-up service.
How to Get There
Very good hotel with most friendly and helpful staff.
Never a loud word and nothing was ever too much trouble for them.
Room excellent and hotel restaurant very good.
Hotel set in great surroundings along the river.
We would stay there again any time.
Idyllic retreat to acclimatise for a few days before heading to Macchu Pichu or Cusco.
We were here for 3 days which was perfect. ATV tour of Moray and Maras. White water rafting in Ollantaytambo , hiking and chilling at this lovely resort. Bring your bathers. Hotel can organise all excursions.
Relaxing on your terrace or the lawns overlooking the fast flowing Urubamba river at the foot of the towering Andes is simply divine.
Food is a little hit and miss (breakfast is excellent). but service is great and beds are hugely comfortable.
Great spa. And best still - if you are catching the train to MP - the hotel has its own train station so you don’t need to travel into Urumbamba. Doesn’t get better than that.
Our itinerary. 2 nights Lima - fly to cusco - transfer to Rio Sagrado for 3 nights. Train to MP - 1 night belmond sanctuary lodge ... train to Cusco. 3 nights Cusco. Fly to lima and home. Perfect length of time for myself and 2 teenage kids.
We were booked in the Rio Sagrado for the night we returned from Machu Pichu - unfortunately the train broke down on the way back and we arrived very late but we did get to enjoy lovely dinner, fantastic shower, a good night's sleep (complete with a hot water bottle!) and a good breakfast before venturing out to Cusco in the morning. The stars from the property were awe inspiring and the staff couldn't do enough for us in the 11 hours we were there. Would certainly go back.