Aranwa Sacred Valley
What We Love
- Being immersed in nature — you won’t hear any city noise here
- Spa treatments use regional ingredients including passion fruit, coca leaves, camu camu and Maras salt
- Multiple on-site restaurants serving dishes as refined as alpaca tenderloin or as simple as wood-fired pizza
- The fleet of golf carts and friendly staff on hand to drive you around
- Admiring the alpacas and peacocks that wander around the property
- The hotel sits at about 9,400 feet above sea level, meaning travelers are slightly less likely to experience altitude sickness here than in Cusco
What To Know
- The hotel is seven miles from Urubamba, so you’ll need a taxi to get into town
- It’s about a one-hour drive from Cusco
- Trains to Machu Picchu leave from Urubamba and Ollantaytambo, both a short ride from the hotel
- Oxygen tanks are available at the front desk
- The free WiFi is generally good, though it can be spotty at times
- Smoking and nonsmoking rooms are available
- Don’t miss the photography exhibit dedicated to famed Cusco-born photographer Martin Chambi
- Members will be charged a 18% IVA tax by the property upon check-in that is exempt to foreigners of Peru. To avoid this fee, be sure to provide documentation at the time of check-in
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Located in Urubamba, Aranwa Sacred Valley is on a river and within the vicinity of Estadio de Urubamba and Plaza de Armas. This spa hotel is within the vicinity of Iglesia de Urubamba and Santuario del Senor de Torrechayoc.
Make yourself at home in one of the 115 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have jetted bathtubs and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and irons/ironing boards.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, shopping on site, and tour/ticket assistance.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Aranwa Sacred Valley. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a library. This hotel has 4 meeting rooms available for events. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We were on our way to Machu Pichu and arrived at Aranwa late in the evening. The staff were excellent in helping us, along with 20 other group members, get situated in our rooms. Our room was large and comfortable. When we awoke in the morning....we awoke in paradise. The surroundings are beautiful. After a tasty and healthy breakfast (great omelettes) we walked the grounds before departing for Machu Pichu. There were beautiful gardens, a chapel, several tethered alpacas, and warm welcomes at the resort. This is a calm, lovely, and restorative place to stay.
A really nice hotel set in beautiful grounds.We had a large comfortable room with a huge bed for two nights and an equally large whirlpool bath and bathroom. The restaurant was good, the service was good and I found the place peaceful and charming. The staff were friendly and warm and nothing was too much trouble. A very comfortable stay and I would recommend this hotel
We only stayed one night here but were impressed with the hotel. The hotel itself is stunning, very clean and well maintained. All the staff were very friendly and always there to help you.
The pool looked beautiful but was cold (this just could be because of the time of year) there is a jacuzzi beside it but sadly this was only lukewarm.
The grounds itself are beautiful to walk around and it has a beautiful little church too, there are also some lamas there.
We booked 3 rooms, all were excellent and spacious, very clean, the beds were very comfortable with lovely soft sheets and bedding. The bathrooms were huge! With a massive jacuzzi, so I got my hot jacuzzi in the end!
The breakfast buffet was excellent with lots of choice, again very friendly staff.
WiFi is available and seemed to work well.
The restaurant at dinnertime was nice to look at with music and friendly staff, my only disappointment was the food was average and as there is nothing else around you don’t really have a choice.
However the hotel and staff more than make up for it!
I highly recommend this hotel to stay in.
This hotel is outstanding - from the welcoming cup of Coca tea to the sumptuous breakfast it was all done perfectly. The front desk crew were helpful and spoke English perfectly. My only regret is that we only stay one night - I would loved to have enjoyed more of the amenities with a second day on the property.
This enchanting hotel nestled in the Sacred Valley is one to mark off your bucket list. A one of a kind true gem. The grounds are so beautiful and the restaurant offers the finest quisine. We loved having Elvis as our waiter. The spa the pools everything was magical. You will love this place. We did.