Aranwa Sacred Valley
What We Love
- Being immersed in nature — you won’t hear any city noise here
- Spa treatments use regional ingredients including passion fruit, coca leaves, camu camu and Maras salt
- Multiple on-site restaurants serving dishes as refined as alpaca tenderloin or as simple as wood-fired pizza
- The fleet of golf carts and friendly staff on hand to drive you around
- Admiring the alpacas and peacocks that wander around the property
- The hotel sits at about 9,400 feet above sea level, meaning travelers are slightly less likely to experience altitude sickness here than in Cusco
What To Know
- The hotel is seven miles from Urubamba, so you’ll need a taxi to get into town
- It’s about a one-hour drive from Cusco
- Trains to Machu Picchu leave from Urubamba and Ollantaytambo, both a short ride from the hotel
- Oxygen tanks are available at the front desk
- The free WiFi is generally good, though it can be spotty at times
- Smoking and nonsmoking rooms are available
- Don’t miss the photography exhibit dedicated to famed Cusco-born photographer Martin Chambi
- Members will be charged a 18% IVA tax by the property upon check-in that is exempt to foreigners of Peru. To avoid this fee, be sure to provide documentation at the time of check-in
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Urubamba, Aranwa Sacred Valley is on a river and within the vicinity of Estadio de Urubamba and Plaza de Armas. This spa hotel is within the vicinity of Iglesia de Urubamba and Santuario del Senor de Torrechayoc.
Make yourself at home in one of the 115 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have jetted bathtubs and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and irons/ironing boards.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, shopping on site, and tour/ticket assistance.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Aranwa Sacred Valley. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a library. This hotel has 4 meeting rooms available for events. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We had a wonderful time and enjoyed this hotel very much. Beautiful grounds, , great amenities, staff was very helpful and friendly, food and service were great too. Our room had a fireplace, rover view and was very quiet and peaceful. We hope to return again next year to celebrate. Highly recommended!
We spent 4 nights here during our recent visit to the sacred valley. We spent our days out exploring and it was nice to come back to this peaceful and quiet location each evening. The gardens are beautiful. Our children loved that there were friendly llamas on the grounds. We enjoyed several dinners at the restaurant here as well
What a delightful experience at this resort in Urubamba, Peru! This is a place to relax and rejuvenate. Tranquility abound. Beautiful lush expansive landscape. Wellness spa, swimming pool, chapel, shopping, bar and restaurants. Large room was comfortable and well furnished. Free wi-fi. Lifting heavy luggages to second floor unit might be difficult for some as the elevation of the hotel is around 9500 feet. Temperature did drop quite a bit at night in August.