Aranwa Sacred Valley
What We Love
- Being immersed in nature — you won’t hear any city noise here
- Spa treatments use regional ingredients including passion fruit, coca leaves, camu camu and Maras salt
- Multiple on-site restaurants serving dishes as refined as alpaca tenderloin or as simple as wood-fired pizza
- The fleet of golf carts and friendly staff on hand to drive you around
- Admiring the alpacas and peacocks that wander around the property
- The hotel sits at about 9,400 feet above sea level, meaning travelers are slightly less likely to experience altitude sickness here than in Cusco
What To Know
- The hotel is seven miles from Urubamba, so you’ll need a taxi to get into town
- It’s about a one-hour drive from Cusco
- Trains to Machu Picchu leave from Urubamba and Ollantaytambo, both a short ride from the hotel
- Oxygen tanks are available at the front desk
- The free WiFi is generally good, though it can be spotty at times
- Smoking and nonsmoking rooms are available
- Don’t miss the photography exhibit dedicated to famed Cusco-born photographer Martin Chambi
- Members will be charged a 18% IVA tax by the property upon check-in that is exempt to foreigners of Peru. To avoid this fee, be sure to provide documentation at the time of check-in
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Located in Urubamba, Aranwa Sacred Valley is on a river and within the vicinity of Estadio de Urubamba and Plaza de Armas. This spa hotel is within the vicinity of Iglesia de Urubamba and Santuario del Senor de Torrechayoc.
Make yourself at home in one of the 115 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have jetted bathtubs and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and irons/ironing boards.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, shopping on site, and tour/ticket assistance.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Aranwa Sacred Valley. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a library. This hotel has 4 meeting rooms available for events. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The hotel was in an amazing location nestled between the mountains in sacred valley. The rooms, food and staff were fantastic and really made our stay the most special and enjoyable. They have a beautiful Spa which we enjoyed daily. Highly recommend to stay here when visiting Peru. Close to Ollaytaytambo where you can catch the train to Machu Picchu and visit the ruins.
This gem was found on the way to Machu Picchu in the sacred valley. We arrived feeling light headed from the Cuzco altitude and were blown away by this fabulous place. The rooms were delightful with a balcony over looking advocado trees, but the real treat was all that was offered at this Peruvian spa and get away: spa treatments, a gold guided church with bell tower, Spanish library, museum artifacts gallery, river walk, fire pit over looking a swimming pool, great restaurants with caring service, local artisans at onsite shops, and a movie theatre with help-yourself popcorn. It is also well chair accessible. Come for two nights to enjoy the full experience! This accommodation was one of my most memorable in Peru!
Stayed for 2 nights, in this very nice hotel. Set on the banks of the river the grounds are green and lush. Beautifully landscaped and well maintained, makes for a very relaxing environment. The room was spacious and very nicely furnished. The balcony look out over a private garden area with a lake. The service was good and all round a very pleasant stay.
This was an amazing property that we were unexpectedly checked into after the Inca Trail. I didn't realize where our travel agent had booked us, but this is an amazing place to relax after four days on the Inca Trail. They even upgraded us to the River Suite, which is spectacular. We were able to relax in the jacuzzi tub, which was great for our tired bodies. There is a beautiful orchard to walk through, some peacocks, parrots and alpacas around the property, an old chapel, a movie theater, shopping, bar and restaurants.
This place was wonderful. The rooms, gardens, staff and facilities were all top quality. They have an excellent restaurant. This is a great location to stay for exploring the Sacred Valley or for "down day" after visiting the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu.