Aranwa Sacred Valley
What We Love
- Being immersed in nature — you won’t hear any city noise here
- Spa treatments use regional ingredients including passion fruit, coca leaves, camu camu and Maras salt
- Multiple on-site restaurants serving dishes as refined as alpaca tenderloin or as simple as wood-fired pizza
- The fleet of golf carts and friendly staff on hand to drive you around
- Admiring the alpacas and peacocks that wander around the property
- The hotel sits at about 9,400 feet above sea level, meaning travelers are slightly less likely to experience altitude sickness here than in Cusco
What To Know
- The hotel is seven miles from Urubamba, so you’ll need a taxi to get into town
- It’s about a one-hour drive from Cusco
- Trains to Machu Picchu leave from Urubamba and Ollantaytambo, both a short ride from the hotel
- Oxygen tanks are available at the front desk
- The free WiFi is generally good, though it can be spotty at times
- Smoking and nonsmoking rooms are available
- Don’t miss the photography exhibit dedicated to famed Cusco-born photographer Martin Chambi
- Members will be charged a 18% IVA tax by the property upon check-in that is exempt to foreigners of Peru. To avoid this fee, be sure to provide documentation at the time of check-in
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Urubamba, Aranwa Sacred Valley is on a river and within the vicinity of Estadio de Urubamba and Plaza de Armas. This spa hotel is within the vicinity of Iglesia de Urubamba and Santuario del Senor de Torrechayoc.
Make yourself at home in one of the 115 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have jetted bathtubs and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and irons/ironing boards.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, shopping on site, and tour/ticket assistance.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Aranwa Sacred Valley. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a library. This hotel has 4 meeting rooms available for events. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
My husband and I highly recommend this hotel. The staff was extremely accommodation and went above and beyond to make our stay perfect! Everything about our stay was perfect. From the minute we arrived until our departure, we experienced nothing but friendly staff and high quality service! The views and environment within this hotel also make the stay even more perfect. Our balcony faced the outside of the hotel, and it did not disappoint. The cleanliness and spacious rooms were also a huge plus! Do not go to Peru without staying at the Aranwa Hotel.
What an amazing time did i have at this Hotel,The grounds and views are incredible!!!,being able to wake up and find peacocks rigth outside your door and llamas and alpacas roaming free was truly a one of a kind experience,the breakfast buffet every morning great, front service was excelent,I truly recomend this Hotel.
The surrounding gardens of this wonderful hotel are amongst the most stunning in the whole Sacred Valley. They feature alpacas grazing on grass, ancient trees, abundant flowers, goldfish ponds and so much more. The garden is the perfect place to enjoy a passionfruit pisco or locally made ice cream!
But the hotel is beautiful on the inside, too: there are many antiques from the colonial era - everything from saddles to paintings - making this place a kind of museum as well as hotel. There's an incredible photography gallery, loads of shops packed with locally made artisan goods, and there's even a cinema, where you can choose the movie you want to see, and enjoy it with your family while munching popcorn.
I also love the staff here: the General Manager, Miguel, is a super kind man who genuinely wants you to have the best stay possible, and the restaurant staff are mainly local people who are well trained and shyly friendly.
Another bonus of this hotel is the spa: the steam room, whirlpools and saunas are top-class, as are the massage treatments you can enjoy here.
The Aranwa is a truly magical place - it's so lovely, you may not want to even leave it to see Machu Picchu!