Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
What We Love
- The rate includes buffet breakfast, a la carte lunch and a la carte dinner
- Location next door to Machu Picchu makes visiting the heritage site a snap
- On-site hot tub has mountain views
- Innovative, gourmet Peruvian cuisine using home-grown produce
- Massages and yoga sessions help muscles relax post-hike
- The hotel stocks a telescope and digital binoculars for stargazers and birdwatchers
What To Know
- The Lodge is up the hill from Machu Picchu town and the Aguas Calientes train station, and is only accessible via public bus; there are no taxis going to the Machu Picchu complex
- Property is about 8,200 feet above sea level, so guests often feel effects of the high-altitude
- Only 2,500 people are allowed entrance to the Machu Picchu complex each day, so book tickets in advance; the Lodge can also arrange for guides
- Check-out time is 11 a.m., but a day room is available for those departing by a later train
- The daily buffet lunch at Tinkuy is open to non-guests and can fill up quickly with hungry park visitors
- Members will be charged a 18% IVA tax by the property upon check-in that is exempt to foreigners of Peru. To avoid this fee, be sure to provide documentation at the time of check-in
- A mandatory $315 New Year's Eve Gala Dinner charge per person for those staying on December 31 will be collected on property
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
With a stay at Belmond Sanctuary Lodge in Machu Picchu, you’ll be in the mountains and minutes from Temple of the Condor and Machu Picchu. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Huayna Picchu and Manuel Chavez Ballon Site Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 31 guestrooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and tour/ticket assistance.
Satisfy your appetite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, multilingual staff, and luggage storage.
How to Get There
Avoid the crowds. Stay here overnight for sunrise visit. Come early the previous day(after 1 PM)...book room with balcony. Try to NOT come in rainy season like November.????. Excellent cuisine and super nice service.
Well, after staying at the most amazing Belmond in Cusco (Palacio Nazarenas), my wife and I had very high expectations for this Belmond lodge. Suffice it to say that, while the location is second to none (walking distance from the gates to Machu Picchu without dealing with the bus), the rooms (and overall place itself) are just OK. I think the word "lodge" is appropriate: smaller rooms with a nice view. The food at the lodge was quite good and the staff were very friendly.
A life long dream to visit Machu Picchu was made even more enjoyable by the conveniently located Belmond Sactuary Lodge located just at the entry of Machu Picchu. The food and service were excellent and the lodge served as a relaxing retreat from a busy day of exploring this ancient wonder.