Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya All Inclusive
What We Love
- The first certified thalassotherapy center in North America
- Organic food in all three gourmet restaurants
- Catamaran sunset cruise included in the on-site activities
What To Know
- Guests have free green fees at the nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya course
- First floor private plunge pools may be visible from room son higher levels
- There aren’t many elevators; ask for a ground floor room in the main building if mobility is a problem
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Zoëtry offers the usual Riviera Maya delights: salt and fresh water pools, a white sand beach, and more margaritas than you could possibly drink. On top of all of that, this 90-suite wellness resort encourages visitors to tap into the local culture. They can take free Spanish—or Mayan—classes, participate in an indigenous shamanic Temazcal ritual, take an ecologist-led tour of the nearby coral reefs, or even help a local farmer feed his animals. The on site restaurants serve organic cuisine and fresh juices (there’s La Canoa, which is French, Kaax, which is Yucatecan, plus the beachside grill El Chiringuito).
In the Area
Once you’ve gotten your taste of local culture at the resort, you can explore Mayan cultural history further by heading to archaeological sites like Tulum, Coba, or Chichen Itza. At Sian Ka’an, the largest protected reserve in the Caribbean, you can learn more about the local ecology and marine life. And if it’s shopping and nightlife that you’re after, Playa del Carmen’s Quinta Avenida is 35 minute drive away, while Cancun is only 20 minutes by car.
How to Get There
We visited this Zoetry in 2015 and loved it. In fact, on our second day, back in 2015, we were so impressed we considered extending our trip. After choosing 3 other all-inclusives the next three years, we decided to return to Zoetry in 2019. We hoped for the same magic from 2015 but, unfortunately, were not as impressed. Still good but... sigh... lost its magic.
The weather was perfect and food and drinks generally made the time go fast. Very relaxing, as we hoped. Some really attentive waiters which is nice. Jose, Cesar, Pedro are just a few of the dedicated employees we truly enjoyed. The trip home from Cancun to Chicago on a 787 was also a treat.
The BAD (nothing terrible, just disappointing):
1) The buildings seem more worn than 4 years ago and some staff not as good as they might hope. An example of some easy to fix issues: You could see daylight through the top - and bottom - of our room's doorway. And, our shower had a neat idea for misting – two nozzles. Unfortunately, one of the nozzles did not work. The phone in the room is old and would not charge unless put into the cradle exactly right. And, pushing the voicemail button was ineffective. We had to call multiple times for directions on how to retrieve voicemail (calling us to offer us the coupons – be careful to understand these before using them – and leaving us messages to come get them). FYI – dial 65.
2) And, little issues like the airport pickup. We paid for what we expected was a private pickup. 4 years ago we were picked up in a private van and served champagne in glasses (not plastic) and a movie of Zoetry to watch on our way there. Magic!
This time was a rush to get us to the car, then wait for 20 minutes (hot!) for another 3 people. Not a big deal..., just not what they sold us on. The driver was nice and, apologetic.
3) Day two, our room keys and other neighbors around us just stopped working (we had to lend our room phone to a neighbor to call the front desk since they could not walk to the reception - a distance).
We had to go re-program ours again which takes time and energy (not good when the wife has to use the bathroom!).
4) All-inclusive is nice. But, top-shelf liquor does not mean the same for good wine. The wine included was $5-$12 bottles in the US (I used one of my iPhone apps to check them). Below are some of the wines we had as house:
Santa Carolina Reservado Carmenere 2017. Chile, rated 3.4 out of 5 on Vivino. A mediocre cab.
Antares Merlot, 2016. Chile, rated 2.9 on Vivino. Our opinion is the 2.9 is generous.
Even the room sparkling wine was low quality:
Dubois Blanco Espumoso. Spain, 3.1 on Vivino. One sip and we were done.
You can buy wine but unless we misunderstood the pricing, a bottle of LaCreme we buy in the US for $23 was priced at more than $100. Whew!
A bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream on one night had likely been stored incorrectly or was not Bailey's (not good - they had already poured most of the bottle to others). We tried it again the next night and it was good. But they ran out for the second glass.
5) Draft beer only was available on one day. The bartender would pull on the tap and say, none as it sputtered foam.
All of this is just stuff... Nothing big but Zoetry is AM Resort's luxury branding and many people were talking about it.
6) The daily room fruit we expected turned out to be two red apples. Really!
7) Zoetry has a significant issue with its beach. The seaweed is an incredible problem. We could not figure out if it was seasonal or global warming or… They had so many working to clean it up and on our last day they had made a lot of progress. But, this is not water your will go into further than ankle deep. 4 years ago, we walked south past many resorts for miles. That is no longer an option due to development and sea walls that force you into the water. Going the other direction is, again, a bunch of seaweed and difficult to walk.
8) Our plunge pool was nice to sit next to but other than dip your feet, way too cold to get into. We would choose to not have one if we considered going again.
9) And, they forgot to communicate our checkout and pickup to leave times. I thought our travel agent was handling the pickup and did not know it was Zoetry until we called our travel agent in the US the morning we were leaving.
Overall, great trip to just get away. We go for the weather and to spend some time together. But, we were looking for more for our value. The magic is lacking due to cost cutting and the resort needs to be spruced up more than just the visible sweeping and cleaning (it was clean).
The employees were mostly friendly and courteous. We truly appreciated that. But, ask how long they have worked at Zoetry and, at least for us, it was tough to find many there for years.
Will we go back? Not likely. We have little time each year to get away. When we do go, we are looking for some magic and are willing to spend the near $1,000 per night to get it. We are not big drinkers but do enjoy not having to carry money other than singles and $5 bills to tip with. Being disappointed by management quality and decisions that are easy to cure makes us uncertain for this resort going forward.
This was our first time at a Zoetry. The food very good, but limited. The service was amazing. The servers on the beach and pool area were very attentive and friendly,they remembered our name and desired drinks. The room was large but a little dated.They did not have a lot of activity daily but I believe that is the idea of this type of complex.We would rather go to a Secrets
Thalasso Spa has a relaxing hydrotherapy along with a variety of spa services. We had the Couples Royal Oxygen Ritual, which we enjoyed immensely. The salon services were professional and good. The Butlers spoiled us! Carlos made sure we had coffee and fruit platters delivered each morning to our room. He even collaborated with my husband and had him set up a romantic candlelight rendezvous. Edgar was also helpful in making our week carefree. The chef and waiters in the red kitchen were excellent. Pedro always has a smile and is quick to help. The food was always fresh and delicious. The restaurant, Dragons, had the best food. Alejandra, David, Edgar and Gabriel paid attention to what we liked and served us exceptionally. We do recommend more comfortable chairs for Dragons. The grounds are lush and beautiful and we are very thankful for Mr. Birdman for caring for the many creatures on the grounds.
Impressively Beautiful Property with grand art work. Extremely comfortable accommodation, oceanfront view, large warm balcony pool, Bali beds with impeccable services and restaurants. Access to Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita an added bonus.
Our friends remain loyal to service and person care. Always providing unique touches to enhance our stay.
We are fortunate to be surrounded by genuinely nice, kind and proud team members who provide exceptional service, each and every visit 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉.
This property is a must visit. Extremely peaceful. Unfortunately we were unable to experience the sea due to seaweed. Valiant efforts made to keep beach clean and useable. The property service team and beauty made up for my disappointment...
Award winning service providers
: Bellmen: Omar, Antonio and Enrique.
These gentlemen are one of the reasons why my family returns.
:Omar is dear to our ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️. He does something meaningful and exceptional each and every visit.
: Impression’s Chef Kitchen provided a comfortable home away from home experience. This intimate gathering with my personal Chef “Angel” and his team Eduardo Flores/David/Benito... outstanding . Our meal was created at that moment. Whatever, we wanted... and it happened👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽. The Chef’s French toast is a must!!!
: Thank you Eduardo Flores for your wonderful care during our visit with the Chef. David provided continuation in care in your absence. You are “Excellente” and masterful.
: Kaax Restaurant under the leadership of Caesar, another reason my family returns. There’s no limit to Caesar’s willingness to keep us happy and smiling.
Francisco, Hector and Mildred continues to provide awarding winning service with smiles.
: Impression’s Dragon Restaurant provided occasional private dining in a peaceful setting. Very nice menu/dessert selections. Manager Alejandra, Edgar and Jose (bartender) provided lovely ambiance and service. Enjoyable!!!
: Thalasso Spa Israel and Yesenia were wonderful. We felt the positive energy.
: Hippo Bar/Pool service provided by Antonio, Pedro and Frederick. Efficient and happy service.
: We were extremely pleased with Impression’s Butler services provided by Carlos and Edgar. Thank you Carlos for the thoughtful gestures of chocolates, lights and roses pedals.
: Edgar with Impression’s Butler Service was the ultimate professional in his role. Refreshing and admirable care. We’re still smiling. Grateful we crossed each path.
: Housekeeping/Turndown with Gabriella/Modesa extremely comfortable. Always restful sleep. Thank you both.
: Concierge Services Monica... passionate and kind. You must meet her 🌞.
Thank you Zoetry Paraiso for welcoming us again. Our daughter will be arriving this month for her birthday.... she can’t wait....
Wonderful resort! Wonderful staff! Wonderful food! They remember your name and are happy to adjust menu items. They even baked us fresh muffins the morning the pastry basket didn’t include them. Special shout out to Caesar and George in the KAAX restaurant and Frederico in the Hippo Bar. All three gentlemen provide excellent and attentive service. We are sad to leave but will definitely be back.