Playacar Palace All Inclusive
What We Love
- Rate includes all meals, alcohol, 24-hour room service, an in-room liquor dispenser and a stocked minibar
- Soaking in the mosaic-tiled plunge pool or in the hot sauna at the swanky 11,000-square-foot spa
- Add-on perks in Concierge Level rooms, including an espresso machine, a pillow menu and petit fours at nightly turn-down
- Bookings for stays from July 1 to Dec. 23, 2015 will receive up to $1,500 in resort credit; resort credit is per room, per stay, some restrictions may apply, contact the resort for more details
What To Know
- Playa del Carmen has a party vibe that may keep serenity seekers on the resort grounds
- Although the beach is not private, there is a small section of loungers with waiter service that are reserved exclusively for guests
- If your stay will be impacted by a hurricane, Palace Resorts will provide a certificate for unused nights. Terms and conditions apply; please contact the hotel for more information
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Shinny marble floors, granite countertops and wooden leather-bound furnishings fill the five-story Palayacar Palace Resort with modern European elegance. Check in at the open-air lobby, a dual-level interior courtyard with a Japanese rock garden and breezy public areas. Hallways that lead to guestrooms keep the serene vibe going with ambient music by artists like Brian Eno and Phillip Glass.
Bed and Bath
The 209 rooms and suites procure a minimal white-on-white style from cool tiled floors, kingsize beds and small patios or cubelike balconies. Most rooms have ocean views and Jacuzzi tubs big enough for two, and all are equipped with flat-screen TVs, DVD players, iPod docks, discreet minibars and liquor cabinets. Although petite, marble bathrooms have modern vessel sinks and glass-encased showers stocked with CHI bath products. Standout features in Concierge Level rooms include L’Occitane bath amenities, an espresso machine, nightly petit fours at turn-down and a decadent pillow menu.
Each of the resort’s three restaurants is amazing in its own right. Go for fine Italian dining at Terrazza, Mexican fusion at the casual Café del Mar and Japanese food at the chandelier-strewn Momo No Hana. Afterward, sip cocktails from the lobby’s Cielo Bar or from the Aqua Bar at the crescent-shaped pool, which overlooks the Caribbean. Elsewhere, you can swing your way through 18 holes at the nearby par-72, Robert von Hagge–designed golf course. Back at the resort, stretch out in a yoga or Pilates class at the swanky mosaic-tiled spa, equipped with artfully crafted wet and dry saunas, a cold plunge and a coed massage pool, and six treatments rooms.
How to Get There
We have stayed at this resort 5 times and each time gets better. The service is above and beyond any other place we have stayed. Josefina, Juan at the swim up bar, Mara, Ignacio to name a few we’re absolutely amazing. The standout for us is Silvia. She is a very kind lovely lady who took care of us every day by the pool. Tracy, Frank Marina and Dave say hello and because we love this place so much we are coming back in January. The Chefs dinner is a must if you stay here. The food is excellent at all restaurants. The rooms are beautiful and the the views are wonderful.
We went with our kids (3 yrs old and 7 months old) to have a relaxing vacation and it was beyond fabulous!
Everything was just perfect.
-Staffs were all very friendly and helpful throughout. Big shout out to Yesenia, Israel and Abner from Cafe Del Mar.
Our daughter even wanted to bring Yesenia home along with us :)
- Food and drinks were amazing..
- Great nightly shows..
- Resort and the beach was very clean
- Location is right on beach convenient for a ferry to Cozumel
All in all it was a beautiful experience and would definitely recommend!
Remodeled rooms and very clean hotel. Excellent staff to make everything wonderful. Lots of great food and drinks and resort credits can be used for premium tequila/rum/gin/whiskey in the Luna bar. Felipe was an excellent bartender in Luna. The Italian restaurant was wonderful with an upgraded wine list and excellent menu selections. The Chef's Table dinner was amazing with the wine pairing and the sommelier was great to discuss wines and understand the growing and improved Mexican wine selections. Momo's restaurant was a wonderful combination of teppanyaki food and a great show.