Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla- All Adult/All Inclusive
What We Love
- All drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and daily breakfast, lunch and dinner are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Poolside butlers
- An adults-only atmosphere (and policy) that fosters romance
- Playa del Carmen is a quick, 15-minute taxi ride away
- Morning dips in the pool from your Luxury Junior Swim-Up Suite
- Bookings for stays from May 1 to Dec. 22, 2015 will receive $550 in resort credit (for stays four - six nights) or $1,500 in resort credit (for stays seven nights and over); Resort Credit is per room, per stay, some restrictions may apply. The last day to use the Resort Credit is Dec 22, 2015
- Bookings for stays from May 1 to Dec. 22, 2016 will receive $550 in resort credit (for stays four - six nights) or $1,500 in resort credit (for stays seven nights and over); Resort Credit is per room, per stay, some restrictions may apply. The last day to use the Resort Credit is Dec 22, 2016
What To Know
- Children 17 and under are not permitted
- On-site restaurants require reservations; Passion Restaurant is open to all guests for an additional cost
- The Royal Service pool is very subdued
- Modern and trendy decor
- Rooms are spacious, starting from 570 square feet
- The hotel opened in November 2011
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla- All Adult/All Inclusive in Playa del Carmen, you’ll be next to a golf course and close to Guadalupe Church and El Camaleon Golf Club. This 4.5-star resort is within close proximity of Coco Beach and Gran Coral Golf.
Make yourself at home in one of the 394 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Your bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Rooms have private balconies. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 4 outdoor swimming pools, a health club, and an outdoor tennis court. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
This resort is all inclusive. Rates include meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Grab a bite to eat at one of the resort’s 14 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Thirsty? Quench your thirst at one of the 11 bars/lounges or 2 poolside bars.
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Playa del Carmen? This resort has 25000 square feet (2323 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
My husband and I stayed one week, December 22nd-29th. It was one of the nicest resorts we have stayed at. The service was in the restaurants was was wonderful, and the service at the pool was as well. The food was good, but I wasn’t really impressed with anything to be honest. The buffet wasn’t anything impressive, but I could always find something.
We have a regular room, with no view. The room was very clean and was usually cleaned by late morning. Nightly turn down service was a nice touch, with chocolate left on the bed :)
The beach was ok. We like walking after breakfast for about an hour and it’s not a great area for it. To the right, it ends about 15 minutes in. To the left, you can walk a ways, but it is rough in spots and we had lots of seaweed. There is a small senote, with clear blue water the locals hang out at about a five minute walk on the left as well, it’s neat.
I was a regular at the gym every morning, I enjoy running on a treadmill. They had several, 6 I believe. I was there when it opened at 6am or shortly after. It was very clean and well maintained. Lots of water and towels along with sanitation wipes for the equipment. Tons of other equipment as well, bikes, elliptical sand weights. My only complaint is the air conditioning was not set low enough.... I find this at most resorts and I find it frustrating! If you have it, use it for God’s sake! It was extremely cool when you walk in, but the split it in two rooms with doors separating the entrance. As soon as you walk into the room with the treadmills it was noticeably warmer, and you couldn’t feel air moving.
Over all, the resort is beautiful! Good service and good food. Oh, and best Margarita’s I’ve had in Mexico!
We really enjoyed our week.
Even though it took some months to write this, I am still just as excited at the thought of our honeymoon in Mexico. And I couldn’t have imagined a better place to spend it then in this gorgeous resort! I mean, where do I begin?
1. The people- most warm, friendly people I ever met, their kindness only surpassed by their humbleness, which made them absolutely charming. We were surrounded by smiling faces, warm words, attentiveness and professionalism at every step, people remembering us only to ask us how our day was. So humbling, they touched us deeply!
2. The whole resort- amazing! It was the perfect balance between fun resort activities/all inclusive meals and elegant, tropical paradise, without it being kitschy. Which leads me to...
3. The fooood!: Oh my lord! Their restaurants are NUMEROUS (around 10 different ones) and exquisite for the large part. I mean, it was a bonanza of delicious stuff which didn’t manage to wear me off not even after 14 days of resort food, and THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING! The culinary experience at the „Passion“ restaurant, of Martin Berasategui, an 8* Michelin chef, was exquisite, the highlight (or moonlight) of our honeymoon since we both LOVE food, an absolute must-have! I could go on forever about that alone, it was sublime food topped only by the impeccable service, by far the best! Foodie heaven! The tepanaki restaurant was also a favorite, the show+ food were crazy good, went twice! Even their burgers were delicious, if you felt like it! But most of all, an aboundance of delicioud fruits, juice, vegetables, very fresh and exotic!
3. The service aka pampering: it’s ridiculous! They go out of their way to make you feel pampered, it kinda made me feel bad at times! From our room being made twice! a day (we were in just to shower/change for dinner), to the consierge that would place the napkin in your lap, to the surprise jacuzzi bath they prepared for us, to the romantic dinner setting, to the deserts made for us, all to celebrate our honeymoon took it to another level! Impecable staff, and I should know since I used to work in hotels, a true pleasure! We definitely have a lot of shoutouts to so many wonderful people working there!
All in all, it was divine, a definite five-star experience!
Irina & Ingmar
This is my husband and my second time at La Perla and before at La Esmeralda with our grandkids. This 9 year old resort is very well designed and maintained. All the staff are very professional and friendly. We would especially like to thank and recommend Elizabeth our Hatha yoga teacher who has studied many years. Elizabeth has a warm spirit inviting all to join. She is one of the reasons we returned. There is a great choice of good restaurants. We especially liked La Palma with Angel as our excellent waiter, Foie Gras and Octopus. At La Fuego we enjoyed the ceviche and rack of lamb with Hector as our wonderful waiter. The beach is cleaned daily of seaweed and there was less of it this year. Rooms are spacious and immaculately cleaned twice daily.
We had a great experience here! The staff are all so friendly and inviting! The will go above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay! Freddy one of the servers at the beach took care of us. Look for him and you will have an amazing experience.
If you have a family, this place is paradise. Family concierge is top notch. I Highly recommend Hector as your butler. I give him alone ten stars for service. The family daycare is so amazing if you have kids. The pools are great for everyone. Just highly recommend. Especially if you have a family