Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso All Inclusive
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso All Inclusive in Playa del Carmen, you’ll be on the beach and convenient to El Manglar Golf Course and Maroma Beach. This 5-star resort is within the region of Tres Rios Ecopark and El Camaleon Golf Club.
Make yourself at home in one of the 310 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. Rooms have private balconies. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature jetted bathtubs and complimentary toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. After practicing your swing on the golf course, you can dip into one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Food & Drink
This resort is all inclusive. Rates include meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 6 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. While enjoying a refreshing dip in the resort pool, you can order your favorite drink at the poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
My husband and I are in our 30s and travel to Mexico pretty often. I am compelled to leave a review this time.
I have absolutely nothing to whine about this time. Our room was beautiful. We upgraded to a corner suite ocean front room. The room was stocked with booze and beer of your preference. The bed was comfortable and you can get a pillow from the “pillow menu”. Our butler Daniel was the best ever and spoiled us rotten. He filled our outdoor jacuzzi every day at 4 pm and had champagne waiting for us daily.
The food was excellent! We couldnt get reservations to the a la cart one night and went to the buffet and did not regret it! The drinks were top shelf and so good! Bartender Alex is the king! All of the guys at the swim up bar work their little tails off to make you happy.
The grounds were stunning. Clean beyond measure and truely Grand!
The resort was pretty quiet when we went and my initial through was we may get bored. We met fun people to hang out and party with and were entertained plenty! You can also venture to the sister resorts and they have a market place area with a night club and a casino.
We will be back!
We had an amazing experience at the Grand Paraiso from the moment we arrived on property to the day we left. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. The room was spacious. We had an oceanfront view room. Nice balcony with a very comfy swing seat and daybed. All of the staff was great but in particular Cynthia from the Club, our butler Gonzalo and Padilla the waiter that was always so accommodating. The restaurants were very good, especially the Japanese restaurant. I really enjoyed the ambiance. Overall a very relaxing stay. Highly recommended. We will be back!
My wife and I had a great Holiday at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso Hotel. We went last year for our 25th Anniversary and liked it so much we went back again this year. Some of the workers remebered us from the year before like Gonzalo our Concierge at the Beach Front Suites. We really enjoyed the service we received at the resort and Padilla stood out as great server at the breakfast and lunch buffets. He was good to recommend food and drinks to us. We will be back again.
We stayed for 9 days in October and have been to the area approx. 30+- times so have a lot of resorts for comparison. I wish TA would change their star rating to include ½ star. I would give this IB* a 4.5. I gave a 5 on the high side, but there are a couple of things they could do a little better. I won’t go into every detail because there are so many other reviews that cover the resort and I don’t want to be repetitive.
• I love how the rooms have a real bathroom. Many resorts are going to the open concept and it’s much nicer to have a dedicated bathroom when you get up in the middle of the night and don’t have to wake up your partner with noise/lighting.
• The service is truly outstanding and one reason I bumped to a 5 star.
• The taco shop (Taki-tos?) in the large mall area is still the best!
• The beds are very comfortable. Would have been nice to have been able to get different pillows, but no one told us about a pillow menu.
• The rooms overlooking the quiet pool are super quiet, which we loved. We never heard any noise coming from the hallway or from the pool. We were 3rd floor in the center. Great location.
• The snacks are restocked throughout the stay. Some resorts only restock the refrigerator and not the snacks.
• While I love the bathroom, the shower seriously needs a shelf. Had to put all of my hair products and gel on the floor. Some people complained of the water changing hot/cold, but we had no problems.
• Our concierge wasn’t as great as everyone seems to say on here – luck of the draw, I guess. My husband forgot his toothbrush and she sent us to the main mall area to buy one. It was early morning and when we got to the mall area, the store was closed. When we got back to the Grand, we noticed the shop there and he was able to get a toothbrush. When we mentioned to someone in the pool, they said all rooms should have had a toothbrush, shaving kit, lotions, etc. We confirmed that on check-out so obviously our room wasn’t fully stocked on arrival. You would think the concierge would have just had one sent up. On another occasion, she gave us wrong information regarding the shuttle to Playa. We went to the lobby and asked the concierge there because we could tell she seemed a little uncertain with our questions.
• The cabanas around the pools should be monitored by staff. It was frustrating to come out and find all of them being ‘saved’ by a towel or book only to have no one show up till early afternoon. I can see just going for breakfast or lunch, but it’s obvious people just claim them and leave. I’ve only been to one resort that actually removes items after an hour – more of them should do that.
• The biggest con I have is with the horrible water in the glass bottles. I drink A LOT of water and really struggled with drinking this water. I asked for bottled water and was told there was none, however, after a couple of days I did find bottled water in the gym and just went in and got my own. I let one of the glass bottles sit ½ full for a couple of days and there was a definite bad smell. It smelled like wet clothes that sat too long before being dried – very musty. My husband even complained and he doesn’t drink nearly the amount of water I do. If we stay here again, I will make sure I get my ‘gym’ water as soon as we get there. I got sick on the second day with severe laryngitis and swollen glands and wondered if it was the water.
I didn’t put the food in either pro or con. Some of it was good, but, for the most part, we weren’t blown away. Some things that should be hot weren’t, most of the time there was no bacon at breakfast, it was hit or miss getting honey with my tea when I asked for it, lobster is not available for dinner in all of the restaurants (I asked). We loved the lunchtime outside grill. The chef works hard at keeping everyone happy. My husband loved the lambchops.
Overall, we loved the Grand. We’ve stayed in other parts of the complex and it will be hard to go back to those again. This is probably one of my top 3 in the area.
Just came from staying for 11 night at the resort. Great hotel, nice relaxation where everyone finds what one needs. Landscaping is very well kept. Tons of green making you feel far away from urbanization. Imperial style stairs and corridors make your stay unforgettable. The service is the best I have ever met (I am frequent traveler including all inclusives). Concierge is nearly always available and very helpful trying accommodate every your request (they even found candles for my in-room dinner)!!!
The staff is extremely friendly and cooperative. Tips are expected and do their work. The bars offer top shelf liquors one will never find in any other resorts. If something is not available in bars it could be found for additional change with no problem. I visited all restaurants and waiter service is not beatable at restaurants. The food is extremely delicious in restaurants (in contrast to the morning buffet where variety is limited and the same from day to day). Lobster is served in every restaurant in limitless amount. I was not impressed with new Caribbean restaurant where everything is overcooked and smells with fried oil.
Mussels, giant shrimps and scallops in afternoon buffet are nice addition and very popular. For some reasons they are available only every other day.
Particular gratitude should be given to entertainment team. Salin, the leader of the team does absolutely amazing job, trying to engage people in multiple daily activities but never annoying, always with big smile and complements to guests.
Octavio, the cook in the buffet does the best omelet I have ever eaten, always with a smile making you day starting with good mood.
The sea water pool is always fresh; however it is nearly impossible to find a beach chair around the pools. People occupy chairs by placing towels and rarely show up. You can tip cleaning staff and they reserve your chair in am. Did not appreciate and have never used it.
The beach is white-sanded, clean and comfortable. There is long way to walk along to the coast line.
The gym is excellent with many machines available but sometimes is overcrowded.
Some negatives: My cousin had birthday while in the resort and I kindly asked to decorate the room for this occasion. Jenny and Cynthia from the Club reassured me twice that everything is set up and next day – nothing happened. Very disappointing. Cecilia from the Club was trying to correct negligence and was very nice offering some options but the time was gone and nothing was improved.
I set up wake up call and nobody called at all- so I missed my tour. Probably is my fault, I should not rely on the hotel services but I would not expect it form the Grand.
Suggestion: To have specialty coffee shop offering variety of coffee (I am coffee lover). All facilities offer machine-maid coffee (cappuccino, expresso) which is not of good taste.
Overall this is the great Hotel. I would recommend to visit for everyone, but small details as I described above spoiled the entire impression.