Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa All Inclusive
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Located in Playa del Carmen, Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa All Inclusive is in the entertainment district and convenient to El Camaleon Golf Club and Gran Coral Golf. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of 28 de Julio Square and Guadalupe Church.
Make yourself at home in one of the 674 air-conditioned guestrooms. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 12 outdoor swimming pools, a nightclub, and a water park (surcharge). Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
This resort is all inclusive. Rates include meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Grab a bite to eat at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 9 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. Relax with a refreshing drink at a beach bar, a poolside bar, or one of 9 bars/lounges. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily from 7 AM to 10:30 AM.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Playa del Carmen? This resort features 5425 square feet (504 square meters) of event facilities. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
we have recently returned from a 2 weeks holiday at this hotel. The plus side of this hotel is the grands are kept lovely and could not fault the cleanliness of the grounds the food was good and a lot of choice although at times could have been hotter but overall everyone should find something that they liked. When you arrive check in is slow but not too bad. You have to pay 20 dollars per room as an environmental tax which we weren't aware of. We paid extra and stayed in the delux room with the whirlpool but only because there were no standard rooms left. I wouldn't waste your money. The cleaning daily of the room could have been better but in fairness that was due to not enough staff so they did the bare minimum. The mini bar was not stocked daily probably for the same reason. I went with my husband and friend. We are in our 70's and I would not recommend this hotel for our age group as it's very very large and we were put on the top floor and the only lifts are from the lobby area and down by the beach so if you are like us in the middle of approx 700 rooms you have no choice but to walk up the flights of stairs if you are coming from the pools. There are plenty of pools and they are very clean and we did have a fairly quite one near us but some are very very rowdy and drinking competitions are encouraged. I did see quite a lot of drunks which I have never encountered before at these type of resorts. I think overall it's the sort of place you would enjoy if you're young. The evening entertainment was very good and the staff are excellent couldn't fault it but it is repeated the second week so if you watch all of it the first week that's it. Waiting staff in the restaurants and lobby bar are slow but only because they. Need more staff in most areas. My biggest disappointment was the beach. This is our third visit to different areas in the Riviera Maya and if you are going for white sands and turquoise seas you will be very disappointed. The beaches are getting eroded away and the seaweed was terrible. The first week they did very little to get rid of the seaweed and we were bitten to death by sand flies but the second week a tractor got rid of a lot, maybe someone complained. When you walk into the sea there are a lot of rocks and stones due to the erosion so I was very shocked. The last time we went to Mexico the beaches were beautiful, so if you are going for a relaxing holiday and you want to spend a lot of time on the beach and in the sea I think you would be better off going somewhere else. We flew with TUI which was very good. The airports were quite efficient but unfortunately our almost new suitcase and some contents were smashed when we took it off the carousel in Mexico so goodness knows what they did with it!!!! Overall a slightly disappointing holiday but not awful.
Ifelt discriminated because they only take care of you when you see that you are American ... When you know you are Latino, they do not give you the same attention. They do not smile at you like they do with an American and I think it is not fair because we are all clients!!!!!! buffets are always the same ... The drinks are not good nor the beach is very dirty you have to wait 30 minutes for a bus to take you to lobby because I stay in the platinum ...
Some People work are very good ... They did not understand my Spanish and I am Cuban..
FOR THE REASON I FEEL DESCRIMINATED AND I DO NOT FEEL GOOD ATTENDED I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE LATINA BECAUSE FOR THEM THE ONLY TOURISTS ARE THE AMERICANS !!! NASTY PEOPLE I NEVER NEVER MORE IN LIFE RETURNED TO THIS HOTEL
I respect that my son is allergic, he could never get out of the room because they gave me a view of the jungle and that smell hurt him ... I explained to the people who take care me to let know what was happening and they could not do anything for me. my .. Because all the rooms were the same !!! My vacations at this hotel were horrible !!!!
Ok so I will start with what I liked, and then I will say what I didn't.
What I liked:
- Staff. Was the best of my overall vacation. Pretty much all staff is very friendly and professional, so big kudos for that. Special shout out for Mr. Elvis Alvarado of the "green" buffet, Ms. Sandra in the "orange" buffet. Ms. Lupita in the Platinum beach area. Mr. Israel in the snack sunset. Unfortunately I did not write his name, but the guy who received me was very professional and helpful, very nice guy.
- Room. The room was comfy and with good size. I had the basic room and was of a very good size and included a big Jacuzzi. The bed is comfortable and overall the room was very good for sleeping and resting.
- The Grills by the pool. Amazing work in both grills, both the one with tacos and the other one with hot-dogs and burgers. Very tasty and man, those girls and guys are with the heat of the grill, plus the warm and humid weather and they do a terrific job.
- Parking. You don't pay extra for parking! In most hotels you do have to pay for each day, not in this case, and that was very nice.
Now what I didn't liked:
- Cradle. I requested for a cradle before arriving, cradle was not in the room but they provided (after 4 requests, the last one a little bit angry). The cradle looks like it is from a WWII hospital. It's just metal tubes, which is not good for babies. Mine moved in the night (as do all babies) and hit his head against the tubes, obviously he cried and he couldn't rest well. We ended up sleeping all in the bed, and baby in the middle. Which is not safe, and because of that, my wife and I were not completely rested because we were worried about the kid all night. So you should have more modern cradles at hand.
- Cleanliness of the room. It was not done properly, one time I arrived with sand on my shoes, and sand stayed in the room until I left, so it was not nice to come and still feel the sand below my feet. Maid should have done a better job with that.
- Annoying sales men. They try to sell you membership for the hotel all the time, and there were a specific guy who just kept pushing us all the time to go to the "free" breakfast, all days. One time he even followed us all the way to the restaurant and went to our table to see what was our decision. Really annoying.
- The train. Overall train is good, but I will prefer a better schedule, specially in the day (night was ok). And one of the trains was very old, the green one that actually looked like a toy train. The newer ones are way better, but again, you need to have less time between one and the other, 15 minutes is way too much waiting IMO.
- Internet. Complimentary Internet is "OK", but if you want more speed (like me, due to my job - yes I had to be in touch even on my vacations). Of course I understand that Internet with higher speeds will cost additional, and I'm OK, but it should be a service that the hotel can offer.
- Food. What can I say... something was great, sometimes was boring. I liked the dinner and lunch, but breakfast was almost always the same thing, and it was boring. Grills by the pool were terrific all the time. La fondue was nice, limited dishes, but nice. So my complain is with the buffet, if you vary more the menu for each day, it will help a lot.
Stayed with family. Took my 5 year old and 4 month old. Very friendly resort. Resort is new and rooms are clean. Really great for kids. Especially the kids water park and pool. Loved the rooms facing the water parks. Very large resort with expensive stores. Bring your tip money. Found it hard to get change for tipping. Bring your own things like lighters and if you smoke cigars. Lobby shops sells lighters for 7 dollars USD which haunts me till this day. Food was top notch. Loved the beach bar! Will return again.
I visited this hotel For two weeks
In general the service was good unfortunately we had someone else using our suite
The maid would service our suite in the morning and we would pop back to check on the suite or collect something the suite was immaculate unfortunately when we returned later in the day someone had used our bathroom and left long dark hairs on the soap and wet towels
This was bad enough
BUT they took our toothpaste used my makeup stole underwear and took some items of make up
This was reported to security that evening and we were dismissed
The following morning I reported it again and security attended our suite this time.we were told that items were only insured if they were in the safe I asked for a larger safe and was given a raised eyebrow
This happened on numerous occasions.
I have heard nothing from either the hotel or our tour company to date
Regrettably this seems a common occurrence
When we arrived we were advised to Use The SAFE
For this reason alone our valuable items stayed intact