Family Club Grand Riviera Princess All Inclusive
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Family Club Grand Riviera Princess All Inclusive in Playa del Carmen, you’ll be on the beach and convenient to El Camaleon Golf Club and Gran Coral Golf. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of 28 de Julio Square and Guadalupe Church.
Make yourself at home in one of the 144 guestrooms featuring iPod docking stations and DVD players. Rooms have private balconies or patios. 32-inch plasma televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms have jetted bathtubs and complimentary toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 12 outdoor swimming pools, a nightclub, and outdoor tennis courts. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
This resort is all inclusive. Rates include meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 12 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. When you are in need of a refreshing drink, visit a beach bar or one of 20 bars/lounges, or 3 poolside bars.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Playa del Carmen? This resort has facilities measuring 27254 square feet (2532 square meters), including conference space. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Great space, very friendly staff and tons of activities for everyone!!! There is a lot to explore and to do but not only in the Family Club, bowling, video games, non motorized sports, show are night and some fun events during the day, the foam party so fun don't miss it!!!
We visited the resort with our 1 year old daughter and stayed in the family swim up suite. For the price, the resort was great. The grounds and rooms were kept clean and the staff was very friendly. The beach access was a little farther from our room than we liked, so we ended up spending most of our time in the pools. Compared to the places we've stayed before having kids, the food options were mediocre. But the convenience of having the pool right outside your door with a one year old in tow topped that all. One thing that really needs to change is the tile on the porches between the pool and the swim up rooms. It's regular shiny indoor tile, and coming out of a pool onto that surface was incredibly dangerous for an adult, let alone a child. We ended up laying bath towels out on the deck for safety. Another important thing to stress if you're traveling with young children, is that the evening dining options are very limited as far as timing is concerned. Coming from a later time zone, then not having dinner available until after 6pm was tough. Especially because dinner always took at least an hour, which means you're dealing with an over tired and hungry child. We learned very quickly to get a late snack after lunch to hold the baby over until dinner. Overall though, the resort was reasonably priced and we would consider returning.
Family Club Princess was awesome. Special thanks to Juan and Super Mario for the great pool side service. I will let friends and family know how great it was for the entire family. Again Juan and Super Mario amazing job.
My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in June with our two kids who are 4 years old and 2 years old in a Family Club Swimout Room. So, this feedback may be most relevant to other parents, rather than other families travelling without young children or couples.
What we liked:
* Resort is beautiful, overall very clean, and has a lot of choices for swimming pools. Pools are about 5 feet deep in most places, so easy for parents like me who can't swim.
* Overall, all the staff is polite and helpful.
* We enjoyed rifle shooting, archery, and one nightly entertainment show which was amazing. A second nightly entertainment show was below expectations, and we moved on after 20 minutes. Third night, they played a kids movie. We did not attend the other two nightly shows.
* Waiters and waitress make frequent rounds in the buffets, bars, and by the beach.
* Our room was very large, beautiful, and was in great condition.
What we wished was better:
* We didn't get any restaurant reservations the first night. And we couldn't get Hibachi restaurant reservation at all during the first attempt right after check in. After a second attempt, the ONLY slot that was open during our entire 5 night stay was at 9:30 pm when our kids are getting ready to go to bed. The worst part was that they said people book several days before they arrive. I was one of those people who called several days prior to arrival and they told me at the time that reservations are allowed only after check-in. But after arrival, concierge said Family Club guests are allowed to book before check-in. Huh?? Wish the person that we spoke to when we called for advanced reservation didn't lie to us.
* Our room was not ready until 4 PM, which is 1 hour past the check-in time.
* Pools in most areas of the hotel are very clean, but our swimout room was at the end, and seemed to be place where all the pool debris would drift to. So, the pool section by our room was dirty. We contacted Service department, and they skimmed the pool, which made it more appealing.
* Ice cream parlor milk shakes had consistency closer to milk than to milkshake.
* Shuttles to the beach don't run as frequently as told. In one case, we waited about 35 minutes. And there is still a nearly 10 minute walk from the shuttle stop to the water at the beach.
* Food is plentiful and depending on your ethnicity, you might totally love it. We are South Asians who enjoy spicy food, and the buffets don't have much to offer that matches our taste.
* Waiter/waitress frequency was very limited in the kiddie pool behind the Family Club Lobby. So, we usually had to make our own trips to the nearest bar.
* The Family Club Swimout rooms are not connected to a bigger pool. So, our choices were to use the smaller space directly outside our room, or walk 15 mins away to the bigger pool, or wait for the shuttle to take us there.
* Beach was too muddy for swimming. The beach in our home town of Chicago is way better and cleaner. We didn't go in the beach water at the hotel during our entire trip. Apparently, it's sea-weed season and we saw the tractors tilling the sand to remove it. Good that they are trying to remove it. But that digs up all the mud too.
This resort itself is very nice. The rooms were nice and well maintained. The culinary options are nice as well. The front desk registration agent (Antoni) was probably the rudest person I have ever met. When we got to our room after over an hour at the front desk we learned that room service is not included in the all-inclusive package we had paid for. The beach was nice but dirtier than it had been in the past. The pool areas were nice but if you are traveling with kids make sure you find a pool that is kid friendly as the pools can get pretty wild in the afternoon. Luis at the beach services is the best and he does a good job of accommodating any request for times for beach activities. When I go back to Cancun/Playa Del Carmen I will definitely stay at a different hotel.