Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale
What We Love
- A central and contemporary Marriott stay in beautiful Lyon - a perfect destination for foodiesSpacious, contemporary rooms make this the ideal base for a city break
- Making the most of Lyon’s cuisine with breakfast, lunch or dinner in the Brasserie
- The impressive views overlooking the River Rhône and Tête d'Or Park
What To Know
- Free WiFi can be difficult to connect to and slow
- There's a bus stop right across from the hotel but the nearest metro station is a good distance away
- Be sure to mention if you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary or other special occasion and you'll likely be met with macaroons
It takes a lot of wine and cheese to secure the title of France’s gastronomic capital, but with 4,000 restaurants and 15 Michelin stars, Lyon takes it in its stride. It certainly helps that the Côtes du Rhône, Burgundy and Beaujolais and their well-stocked wine cellars are all easily accessible from here.
With views overlooking the Tête d’Or Park, the Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale serves up its French classics in a bright and informal setting. Inside you’ll find a bar to enjoy a cocktail in, at the restaurant, and all the modern conveniences you’d expect from a four-star hotel in the spacious guestrooms – and with late check-out until 3pm, you’ll have even more time to enjoy this hideaway.
How to Get There
After a pretty scary experience (riots) trying (and failing) to get to the hotel that we’d booked (Hotel Carlton), we needed to find a hotel for the night pretty quickly, and it was around 9:30pm.
Luckily we saw the sign for the Marriott and, trusting the brand, headed there. The staff didn’t let us down and provided a room at a reasonable price, ensured that we were well, and made our short stay a pleasure.
Thank you to the staff for accommodating us at short notice and for helping us to continue our holiday to the South of France well rested!
My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in July. My husband is a high level member with Marriott and usually has good experiences at Marriotts, but this wasn't the case here. He is allergic to feather pillows, so he made a request at check in for foam pillows. The pillows were never delivered and we called three times to request them between 1:00 and 9:00. Finally when we were ready for bed at 11 pm he called one last time just to find out they had no foam pillows left and had given them out already. In addition, they gave us the option of getting bonus points for our stay or we got the choice of breakfast, free access to the mini bar, and a welcome drink. We chose the second option. The breakfast was very good, but we never got a welcome drink, and the mini bar options were limited and mostly water and soda. He voiced his frustration at check out and we were given some points for our stay, but nothing special.
The hotel rooms were fine and clean. The location of the hotel is far from the main sites or the city and is either a 45 minute walk or a taxi ride away.
I really enjoyed my stay at the Marriott Lyon, the room I got was very modern, large and had beautiful views over a nice park. The whole hotel felt very modern and fresh.
I also found the staff to be extremely polite: from the gentleman who did our check-in to the ladies in the morning, everybody was professional and smiling. I would like to give a special mention to the room service attendant who was outstandingly kind.
The location was also quite nice, not so far from the city center and near a river promenade which was very nice for doing a evening jogging.
We stayed at this hotel for my boyfriends birthday. The service was amazyng, Justine from reservation was extremely nice and professional! She made our restaurant reservation and she arranged the bottle of champagne in the room. At our arrival we got an upgrade to a suite ! The receptionists are one of the best I’ve seen ! They are extremely nice and professional.The room was brilliant ! We enjoyed our stay a lot! And the brunch on the next day was wonderful. There’s a lot of different entrées and main courses. They make a great pasta ! Thank you Marriott for this week-end! We’ll come back again :)
We stayed in Lyon over the weekend on our way to the French Rivera. My wife found several other hotels, but as loyal Mariott Gold member I convinced her that it will be fine, BUT this was a terrible mistake. Here is why;
- As we checked in we were rushed to move the car as the hotel staff parks the car, this was not explained, but rather rushed us through the process. Sucked after a 7 hour drive with a toddler.
- I always get my King size beds in my room, here I got 2 twins jammed together. So un-American!
- I told the receptionist that we need a baby crib and she assured that it will be placed in the room, it wasn’t go figure. Again I reminded them as we took a stroll to grab a bite. Upon our return, still no crib nor the bath tissues after several reminders. Finally the crib was brought and we then again asked for the tissues. The cleaning lady asked how many we needed as if we were hoarding them for another time, whatever.
- Hair everywhere, long and short, so I ask who cleans this place, big foots sister? Seriously gross. After 2 nights, I couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there.
- Cleaning standard is not Mariott standard, or at least what I am accustomed to back the US. I am considering contacted corporate to have a secret inspection done to see if they deserve to call themselves a Mariott and not change the name to Motel 6.
- Trash bins overflowing all over the hotel. Again who is responsible for cleaning here, oh that’s right Jacques is off today, WHATEVER!!!! So done. If I could give this place minus points I would.
- Customer service worst than out Paris trip. I thought Paris has terrible service, but no come try this Mariott out after Paris and your believe Paris just has a bad day.
Anyhow,enough of my complaining, you get the point find something else, no need to beat a dead horse to death.