Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale
What We Love
- A central and contemporary Marriott stay in beautiful Lyon - a perfect destination for foodiesSpacious, contemporary rooms make this the ideal base for a city break
- Making the most of Lyon’s cuisine with breakfast, lunch or dinner in the Brasserie
- The impressive views overlooking the River Rhône and Tête d'Or Park
What To Know
- Free WiFi can be difficult to connect to and slow
- There's a bus stop right across from the hotel but the nearest metro station is a good distance away
- Be sure to mention if you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary or other special occasion and you'll likely be met with macaroons
It takes a lot of wine and cheese to secure the title of France’s gastronomic capital, but with 4,000 restaurants and 15 Michelin stars, Lyon takes it in its stride. It certainly helps that the Côtes du Rhône, Burgundy and Beaujolais and their well-stocked wine cellars are all easily accessible from here.
With views overlooking the Tête d’Or Park, the Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale serves up its French classics in a bright and informal setting. Inside you’ll find a bar to enjoy a cocktail in, at the restaurant, and all the modern conveniences you’d expect from a four-star hotel in the spacious guestrooms – and with late check-out until 3pm, you’ll have even more time to enjoy this hideaway.
How to Get There
I was disappointed that this hotel was in a block and hotels that all look the same. You only get a view from very few rooms and if you're travelling as we were for pleasure it was important to know that
The breakfast was quite good in the staff was excellent
I’ve stayed a couple of times and like the hotel; I like where it is located (right near the park and shops), convenient. There is a gym and a couple of restaurants. Sometimes it is difficult to negotiate the entrance closures that are connected to the convention center area/atria. Better signage would help that greatly. The hotel staff are super friendly and helpful, you will fall in love with them.
State of the art design, convenient to reach by car and public transportation, in-house parking, it's basically in the middle of the conference center, with small stores, and a casino, the hotel offers in-house parking for EUR 17 a night, breakfast was decent, unfortunately no discounts for Marriott SPG Platinum Members at any bar or restaurant in-house, loved the balcony with view over the zoo, the room itself was extremely cosy, loved the extremely supportive and friendly member of staff.