What We Love
- The hotel’s expansive terrace overlooking the meandering Pawtuxet River
- Industrial design details, such as polished concrete floors and exposed brick walls throughout
- Art by local designers in the guest rooms
What To Know
- The hotel offers free WiFi as well as local and domestic long distance calling
- There are meeting and event spaces on-site, so NYLO caters to groups and business travelers as well as leisure seekers
- Warwick is approximately 10 miles south of Providence, so you’ll need a car to explore the city and nearby Newport
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
The banks of the Pawtuxet River in Warwick, Rhode Island, are undergoing an urban revival in miniature, making this the perfect backdrop for a sophisticated, loft-style hotel. With a hip, city feel to it, the property is full of whimsical details, including a cheeky pool table in the bar and a striking lobby bedecked with contemporary art. The 163 guestrooms are sleek and feature exposed brick, high ceilings, rain showers, artworks by local designers and tech gizmos galore. At the end of a day of shopping in Warwick or exploring in Providence, the Loft restaurant and its terrace are the ideal spot for enjoying sundowners and fresh seafood, such as wasabi-seared ahi tuna with white rice, house-made kimchi, a sesame soy glaze and crispy fried wontons.
In the Area
Nearby Providence is a sophisticated cultural center with a rich past and a surfeit of gorgeous buildings. Visitors can take in cutting-edge art at the Rhode Island School of Design’s museum or look back at the state’s 18th-century history at the John Brown House Museum. The self-guided East Side walking tour gives a good overview of the key sights, from the storied Providence Art Club to Brown University’s campus. And the city’s well-established foodie scene is not to be missed, with its emphasis on farm-to-table dining, fresh fish and seasonal flavors. Try Beau Vestal’s take on all of the above at New Rivers, or go for fine dining at Gracie’s, which consistently rates among Providence’s best restaurants.
How to Get There
I needed to stay close to the airport and decided to try Nylo. The warm & inviting greeting by Mackenzie made me feel special. She coordinated my shuttle transportation locally and then to the airport. Mackenzie even brought my bag out to the shuttle van. Talk about wonderful service! Bob the van driver was also sweet & personable. I will definitely stay again and will reccomend to friends. Great job- 5 stars!!
People friendly. Modern hotel. Comfortable king size beds. Mall right across the street from hotel. Several eating places near by. Desserts excellent bit expensive. Loved the hotel van driver. Excellent service when taking us back and forth to work.
The van, the lobby and the hotel room all have an overpowering perfume/chemical smell. I called and asked for a room without this scent because it makes me really sick and causes migraines. I was told they had no rooms that were safe. They all have the chemicals blown in. Many people have multiple chemical sensitivities and the fact that they have no safe rooms is unacceptable. Stop poisoning your guests!
- Parking a 5 min walk to hotel, no space to pull over near entrance
- First room had water sitting on the floor and extremely humid/damp. Switched rooms. Second room heat/AC unit ticked loudly all night but I was too tired to change rooms again. This room was stuffy too. The bed was sunken in the middle. Awful sleep!
- Fitness center machines had broken buttons (I couldnt decrease my speed!) Staff did not care. Also no shades on the windows so the sun was in my eyes while I was working out.
- Key cards stopped working 3-4 times during stay. Front desk said it was because they were next to credit cards - they were not ! One sat on the desk upstairs for 3 hours and that was it. Accept that this is a problem and figure it out.
- Restaurant servers were slow and unorganized
- No option for late checkout (despite the fact that I slept terribly!)
- Rooms didn't feel very clean
- Elevators really slow
- Area around hotel feels kind of sketchy
Loft like room, best bed ever, gym, sauna. Restaurant is very good. I'm a fan - must be great in spring/summer as there is a great deck over looking the rushing river. Surprisingly great find in Warwick which mostly has airport chain type locations.