What We Love
- Small plate/large plate options on the dinner menu at Aspire
- Free Wifi in guestrooms and public areas
- Perfect walking location, close to the theater district, galleries and historic sites
- The hotel can arrange practically any outdoor activity, from sailing and horseback riding to skiing, biking, golf and jet-skiing
- Annabelle, the hotel’s singing housekeeper
- The waterfall-esque showers
- READ MORE: 72 Hours in Block Island, RI
What To Know
- Check-in isn’t until 4 p.m.
- The warm and friendly staff make it a wonderful family destination
- Your reasonably sized pet (this excludes your pony) is welcome, provided you arrange ahead of time
- There’s a fitness studio on-site — but if you prefer Gold’s Gym and Boston Sports Club, both are within a short walk of the hotel
- The hotel bar can be pretty noisy fairly late into the night
- There’s no spa, but the hotel will make appointments for you at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa, just three blocks away
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hotel Providence, you’ll be centrally located in Providence, steps from Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel and Providence Performing Arts Center. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Trinity Repertory Company and Providence City Hall.
Make yourself at home in one of the 80 air-conditioned guestrooms. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services.
How to Get There
Well gay pride isn’t an event I’d planned for when I reserved this place. Too bad they didn’t have a notice of extreme neighborhood noise when I was making reservations. And who let’s a street party get that loud where non festivities goers are so highly disrupted? The hotel is nice. Good staff. Nice location. Comfortable bed. However the Pillows are too mushy. Slow to get hot shower water. I wish they had told me that they’d move me to another hotel when I checked in since I wasn’t staying for pride. But overall good service just not a place I’d stay again due to poor staff response to my visit (by not offering to relocate me to a different hotel)
The staff of Hotel Providence were great! The room was magnificent and beds were extremely comfortable. I would recommend Hotel Providence to anyone. Great location -- just a short walk or extremely cheap Uber to anything in downtown Providence!
and they said they had sent it right out when I called the day after I left. It has been 3 weeks and I have not received it. This is a total diappointment since I have called a number of times. I was staying here each time I was in town visiting my son (4 times last year) and was hoping for better customer service.
This is one of the most charming hotels I ever stayed at and I am.a hotel connosuir. I'm a loyal guest here and this is my second time. I plan to come once a month every weekend or more. A very unusual thing occured this stay. On the day I was to check I suffered some kind of attack early in the morning. 911 was called and I was rushed to Rhode Island Hospital Critical Care unit. I thought it was possibly a heart attack.. High Fever and diagnosed with severe pneumonia. I'm admitted into hospital now for a few days and the staff Marrissa and Manager Matt relieved by worries and concerns and are taking care of my belongings and car and will have a room available for me when I get out of hospital so I can rest one day or so before driving back to Maine.
The hotel is well located, the rooms are spacious enough, and the quality is reasonable for the price. As is often the case in college towns, the hotel fails on its service with no senior management on weekends. The breakfast room has a disorganized service with inexperienced waiting staff. The front desk staff tries to be helpful but received little training. Our room 302 has a severe cleaning product order issue, and it took hours to have a ionizer put in for a while to get to smell away. This shouldn’t have happened in the first place with supervised housekeeping.
Overall, the hotel could live up to its 4 stars if the owner wasn’t so cheap and had properly trained adult hotel managers on staff 7 days a week.