The Residences at Mar Menor Golf & Resort
What We Love
- A self-catering one- or two-bedroom apartment in a sleek golf complex near Murcia's coastEnjoying the plethora of activities you have at your fingertips, from scuba diving to summer cinema screenings
- Feeling right at home in your very own open-plan apartment
- Brushing up on your golfing skills with some time in the Golf Clinic, or just plenty of practice
What To Know
- Every room overlooks the golf course
- For an extra fee, you can gain access to next door Hotel Intercontinental’s facilities (spa, tennis courts, restaurants, etc.)
- Located a 15-minute drive from both the beaches of Mar Menor Lagoon and Murcia Airport
Escape to Spain’s Costa Calida with a stay in the generous property of Mar Menor Golf Resort, at The Residences. This thoughtfully designed village spans over 16 million square feet and comes bursting with amenities and activities – not to mention a Nicklaus Design 18-hole golf course, which occupies 128 acres and holds a challenging par 72.
Within this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-winner’s extensive facilities, you’ll find yoga, Pilates and tai chi, alongside a reviving spa area. Go home with a new skill from taking part in one of the many lessons on offer, including languages, dancing and painting, or brush up on an old one with a clinic session in golf, scuba diving or paddle tennis.
Outdoor fun abounds here too, so when you’re not on the golf course, there are plenty of options to choose from. Go horseback riding, cycle your way around to discover more of the Costa Calida or hit the water on a sailing, rafting, windsurfing or scuba diving adventure. To get a true taste of the region, head to a local winery to sample a range of home-grown delights – a great place to pick up a beautiful souvenir, as well.
How to Get There
Apt had everything we needed, clean, convenient for golf courses, lots of bars and restaurants just outside complex.
Use of pool, breakfast good. Would recommend as a golfing base, lots of golf courses within 1 hour.
Hi,just returned from golf trip in group of 10 to this resort.I cannot fault the resort,apartments are well equipped & spacious.we had a 3 bed apartment & a 2 bed apartment which was very adequate.The golf courses were of a high standard (especially ell Valle & hacienda recelmie ),only slight negative was a little bit far to travel for descent meal of an evening,but only slight.I would strongly recommend staying at this resort,value for money.
We stayed in The Residences and arrived the morning before the worst storms to hit the region for many years arrived that evening. This was an extreme weather event and the main hotel (& some apartments) were left in a state of disrepair (wet carpets, water dripping from light fittings, toilets out of use etc). We were without running water for over 24 hours from Friday morning to Saturday lunchtime and again for all of Saturday evening; disappointingly we received no information and we were not provided with any drinking water during this time. We, like other residents, had to fill up buckets from the swimming pool to flush our own toilets. We appreciate that the hotel could not prevent the lack of water supply, but the lack of drinking water (we bought our own from the local Spar) created a health hazard and meant that many residents used the swimming pools to clean themselves. Anyone due to visit in the next few weeks should contact the hotel to check the situation before considering a change of venue.
The extreme weather did not however excuse the following:
1. We were not offered any transport to our apartment from the hotel reception, which meant that we had to carry our luggage and golf bags around 500m both on arrival and on departure; this would be impossible for some people.
2. Our apartments were clean on arrival but never cleaned whilst we were there, toilet rolls & towels were not replaced during a four night stay (& we were not offered a cleaning facility for extra cost).
3. One safe could not be locked and the another could not be unlocked.
4. Breakfast on Friday and Saturday morning was served in the main restaurant, the food choice was excellent but the room is quite small, which led to a wait of up to 30 minutes for a table. On Sunday & Monday we were served breakfast in another room, the breakfast choice was very limited compared to the main restaurant and we discovered that the carpet in this room was still very wet in places.
The above points are not in any particular order, but the lack of assistance from the hotel and being left to fend for ourselves, was unacceptable.