Vivanta by Taj – Hari Mahal, Jodhpur
What We Love
- Centrally located: Close to Jodhpur’s vibrant bazaars and just two miles from the airport and railway station
- The stunning pool area, framed by Moghul-inspired pavilions
- The hotel can organize a selection of Vivanta "Motif" experiences, including camel and jeep rides, and dining on sand dunes
What To Know
- Free WiFi for up to three devices
- Spacious rooms start at 400 square feet
- The restaurants serve pan-Asian cuisine and top-notch Chinese food
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Built to resemble a 14th-century royal fort, this grand cream and pink retreat features Moghul-inspired domes, enameled murals and scalloped archways. The lobby has patterned marble floors in marigold, sage and cream, warm caramel wood accents, and a cerulean tile fountain. Surrounded by landscaped foliage, the courtyard offers alfresco dining around a centerpiece fountain, and the expansive pool area, which is framed by ornate pavilions, sparkles like a vast blue mirage.
Bed and Bath
The spacious guestrooms are traditionally styled and feature carved wood furniture and Indian motifs. Superior Charm Garden View Rooms have high ceilings, large windows and crimson decor; Superior Charm Pool View Rooms offer enticing views, high ceilings and original paintings. Book a Premium Temptation Suite for a separate sitting room, a bathroom with a separate tub and shower, and a jharokha (an overhanging balcony with pool views). Bathrooms come with dual massage showerheads, Egyptian cotton towels and Forest Essentials bath products made in India from natural ingredients. The “Rest Easy” menu offers a choice of pillows for the discerning sleeper.
Executive chef Mahipal Singh Rathore is at the helm at Latitude, which offers a fresh take on pan-Indian cuisine, using local ingredients in such specialties as laal maas (spicy red mutton curry). For the finest Chinese in Jodhpur look no further than the Good Earth, a top spot for authentic Cantonese and Szechuan dishes (the Imperial Prawns in Szechuan Style are a particular highlight). Ola, the Rajasthani art–inspired lounge bar, has a carved-wood “Tree of Life” backdrop and serves unique cocktails such as the Yellow Scorpio, which is made of vodka, gin and aniseed.
In the Area
The Mehrangarh Fort, five miles from the hotel, is one of the largest forts in India and is home to an impressive museum, several palaces known for their intricate carvings and expansive courtyards, and the Chamunda Devi Temple. On a Jodhpur village safari tour visit a pottery village, a Bishnoi village and a weaving village. Stop by Sardar Market, Jodhpur’s main tourist eating and shopping area, and pick up a pair of Jodhpur boots. Take a free art lesson at Umaid Heritage Art School, where you can learn about Rajasthani miniature painting and try your hand at it. If you like nature and a little adventure head to Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park and follow the trail of your choice.
How to Get There
We always wanted to enjoy a stay at Palace hotels which have their original look since its time. We really enjoyed it in Jaipur at Harimahal palace in it's suite room. Very comfortable in kingly style.
(1) A really old house belongs to a former Maharaja of Jaipur’s cousin brother, who is now in his late 90s. A converted palace hotel with apartment block at the back of the main house
(2) Service level is satisfactory, fast to attend the issues raised
(3) Food is satisfactory
(4) Not really a luxury stay
(5) Stayed in apartment and suite (at the palace), both are equally old and badly maintained
(6) The bathroom amenities are lacking and not clean at all
(7) Was given a complimentary spa voucher, which we did not go, as the place is highly unsafe and hygiene in question
(8) Overall the hotel and its surroundings are dirty
I visited this place with bunch of friends as we had to attend a wedding in Jaipur.
As it was Jan, it was pretty cold and I would have loved if they would have kept bathroom slippers in the room but unfortunately - they didn’t.
Even dental kit wasn’t available and when I called the reception to ask for one, they said it’s out of stock.
Room was spacious, nice bed. Extra comforter was available in the room (thumps up for this)
Overall a good experience.
An excellent hotel with good amenities,cozy and calm atmosphere and obviously delicious food.you can get anything and everything you expect from the bestest hotel along with a lush and green garden so as to roam around and the other facilities .
It’s a best and most peacful place to enjoy any moment of you life, whether you are here with your friends or family or came here to attend a wedding. It’s an amazing place. I loved their decoration on the wedding and catering and I enjoyed every bit of the wedding conducted here. Rooms are amazing gives you an ancient palace feel. Loved it❤️❤️❤️❤️