Isla Mujeres Palace Couples Only All Inclusive Resort
What We Love
- All meals, alcohol, 24-hour room service, in-room liquor dispenser and a stocked minibar are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Free yacht transfer from Cancun to the resort
- The small, quiet beach, equipped with palapa-shaded loungers and snorkeling gear
- Breezy interiors with an open-air design that offer Caribbean views at nearly every turn
- Bookings for stays from July 1 to Dec. 23, 2015 will receive up to $1,500 in resort credit; resort credit is per room, per stay, some restrictions may apply, contact the resort for more details
What To Know
- The resort is geared toward couples; families are better suited at the resort’s sister property, Cozumel Palace
- The immediate area is a quiet residential neighborhood; for shops, bars and restaurants, you’ll have to take a cab to the marina
- Gentlemen must wear shoes, pants and collared shirts at Azul, the resort’s only on-site dining option
- If your stay will be impacted by a hurricane, Palace Resorts will provide a certificate for unused nights. Terms and conditions apply; please contact the hotel for more information
- Adults Only
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Flanked by 123 acres of tropical foliage, the two-story Isla Mujeres Palace combines a casual attitude with contemporary design on the west side of the island. Through a perimeter of windows and an atrium-like ceiling, light fills the round lobby, highlighting its sandy marble floors and colonial white columns. Breezy hallways run throughout the property, connecting interior terraces to the guestrooms, and the lobby to the alfresco restaurant. Closer to the water, hat-shaped thatch roofs and a curtain of palm trees separating the pool and the beach create a rustic vibe.
Bed and Bath
A muted beach decor of soft pastels and plain tiled floors complement Caribbean views from the 62 rooms and suites. All rooms are spacious and have kingsize beds that face walls adorned with Mayan art and flat-screen TVs. Full or partial ocean views are available from most rooms, and central to each is an island for a double Jacuzzi tub and marble sinks, fringed by inlaid stone. For designer L’Occitane bath products, along with other liberal add-ons like two free massages and nightly petit fours, upgrade to the Concierge Level rooms.
Although the resort is short on dining options, Azul works around the clock to serve Caribbean and Mediterranean dishes, which you can enjoy from the restaurant’s terrace, in your room or on the beach. The petite beauty salon and spa menu includes basic manis and pedis and such sensual options as the hot stone couples massages. Indulgence carries over to the lobby and swim-up bar, where tropical drinks are served. Just beyond, beach loungers and palapas line a sedate stretch of sand. Grab a snorkeling mask and jump right into the ocean from one of the resort’s wooden piers, or have the concierge arrange a boat to take you for an off-site scuba dive.
How to Get There
Juan Grinto was the best his smile and service
Was wonderful he was attentive on time just over all great service we certainly will come back to this hotel the food the service the smiles the police and warm people
Isla Mujeres Palace is the perfect place for a quiet getaway. You can relax on the beach or by the pool. But there's plenty to do if you want a little adventure. Sail on a catamaran, swim with the dolphins, or snorkel. Many other options available too. The Chef's Dinner at Isla is OUTSTANDING! One of the best meals we've had at a Palace resort. Hats off to Alvira and his kitchen crew who did an amazing job. I'd also like to thank Natividad at the spa for her excellent massages. I really felt like I was in good hands.Debby at guest services was very helpful, too. Service at Palace resorts can't be beat. Isla Palace staff, thank you for making our stay so enjoyable!
First visit to Isla Mujeres and so pleased myself and my daughter chose this hotel. Brilliant communication before we arrived. Booked our transfers from the airport. Unfortunately the hotel catamaran wasn’t running but the public ferry was good fun and taxi drivers friendly and helpful.
Greeted with towels and a cold drink, the lift was out of order while we were there but as there are only 2 floors it wasn’t too bad. We were shown to our room which had a pool/ocean view and was gorgeous.
The staff are all excellent, always greet you with a smile and nothing is too much trouble. The food is lovely, we had breakfast in our room some mornings always hot and tasty.
During the day we ate at the pool bar and we’re never disappointed. The evening meals were great and while limited there are daily specials and everything is really nice and well presented.
The hotel is near town and taxis are cheap. We went downtown and saw all the alters and seeing the children and adults all dressed up was a real treat.
We hired a golf buggy and driver for the day and travelled around the island.
We stayed a week and it went too quickly. We are definitely hoping to return.