The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun in Cancun (Hotel Zone), you’ll be convenient to Playa Delfines and El Rey Ruins. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Wet n’ Wild and Aquaworld.
Make yourself at home in one of the 379 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 6 outdoor swimming pools, a health club, and an outdoor tennis court. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
All-inclusive rates are available at this resort. Meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments are included in all-inclusive rates. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 5 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Event facilities at this resort consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Check in was smooth and easy and in went down hill from there. Food Service was exceptionally slow and they got nearly every order wrong. Wait staff needs additional training. Food was so below average that none of us finished a meal here. Rooms were old but our view was spectacular. The topper was the exchange rate at this hotel of 15/1 when we were regularly seeing 18-20/1. The exchange rate was a complete ripoff! We only stayed one night.
We did not do the all-inclusive option because we wanted to spend lots of time on the town. The pool is wonderful and our room had a great ocean view and balcony. They rewarded us $5 resort credit per night we opted-out of full housekeeping. The only bad is that attractions like Wave-Rider and spa treatments are rather expensive, as are the two restaurants ($50 US or $1,000 MXN) for family of 4 eating burgers and tacos with drinks. Also, it's at the far end of the hotel zone so nothing but one OXXO market is within walking distance (buses are super-cheap though (12p per person one-way)). The worst part of our stay ended up paying off-the door lock to our room broke and we were locked out for an hour. While they fixed it, the manager on duty comped us drinks and when they were done fixing it, she also gave our family free breakfast buffet the next morning (about $300 MXN or $15 US per person). Everyone was super-friendly and spoke English willingly as well as putting up with my bad attempts at using Spanish. There was a time-share pitch but it's easy to avoid. We took it and it only took 100 minutes. In return, we got family passes to Xcaret (with lunch and transport) for only about $250 (it's usually over $500) plus 20% off at both resort restaurants (which you will need!).
- View from the room: The room itself was quite nice (especially with the "new" rooms with balance".
- Clean beach (They clean the beach of seaweed every morning it seems. I also watched them actively clean the pool next to the beach).
- Nice staff (Everyone here from the front desk, cleaning, management, servers, etc. is always smiling and making sure you are being taken care of). I am not sure why some reviews say the people are pushy, I did not have that experience at all. Even with the sales people I was walking around with my fiance and no one bothered us.
- Very nice breakfast: Really exceptional breakfast with many fresh juice blend options. We really enjoyed having such a nice breakfast next to the ocean.
- Honest & Helpful staff: The manager Fridel really went above & beyond to make sure we had a pleasant stay after our bathroom mishap. She even decorated our room since she knew it was our anniversary. I also really appreciated the concierge Ximena she was extremely helpful and gave honest advice. I have been to Cancun a few times now and have learned more of the tricks and I could tell the advice she was giving was definitely in our best interest and not in a way that would rip us off. Another thing that stood out was we accidentally left a moderately expensive item in the room and were unable to contact the hotel for five days. When I returned they promptly had the item returned for me & that was such a relief!
- The food after 2am was pretty bland. After getting ree from the bathroom my fiance & I wee both quite hungry & tired the hotel nicely offered us free room service, but sadly the food was disappointing. The worse thing is that we ordered Mexican food and it seemed to be tailored for a North American Palette (I am from the US). I would also like to add that the late night room service while not worth ordering, the breakfast in the morning was phenomenal :)
- Yes, there is construction going on, but that did not bother us other than getting trapped in the bathroom. I think the only way it slightly bothered me was when I was taking a picture of the view of the hotels and ocean you the building being worked on is in the shot - really was not a big deal.
- Something that did really irritate me was when were stuck in the bathroom for over an hour we were yelling for help and hitting the walls to make noise. Once I managed to free us I put on some clothes and went out of the room to where I saw one of the staff members about 15 feet from our room leisurely texting on their phone! I had my fiance test if we could hear the call for help & noises from that point in the hall and it was very clear. That really is frustrating that someone could have helped us when we needed it. I do confidently believe the hotel is handling this situation.
Overall: a great stay except for the first night with the uncommon incident. This will be a really excellent place to stay once the renovations are complete!
I asked the night before if we had free breakfast or if it was included
I was told we had free breakfast. Morning of I was charged. When asking why? They said i had to do a 90min promo session. Brought lots of cash thinking no one used cards turns out the hotel only takes card. What an inconvenience!
Great Hotel with clean atmosphere! Hotel staff are very accommodating & cordial. Our trip encountered no set backs or disappointment. We were surprised with a champagne bottle and bed decor for our 22nd year Anniversary. Our room appearance was a bit dated, however, everything was VERY CLEAN including beds, floors and bathroom on a daily basis & the view was spectacular!. The hotel is undergoing renovation which I'm sure will only improve the appearance in the future. Breakfast was good and food from the Sunset Bar and Beach Grill was excellent. Our personal concierge - Matthew Peat was very helpful and provided plenty of suggestions and information. We will certainly consider this hotel for future stays.