Sun Palace Couples Only All Inclusive
What We Love
- The "stay at one, play at all" perk allows you to dine at sister properties Moon Palace and Beach Palace
- Spa treatments are affordable and make use of indigenous ingredients
- This is a couples-only resort; children 17 and under are not permitted
- Bookings for stays from July 1 to Dec. 23, 2015 will receive up to $1,500 in resort credit; resort credit is per room, per stay, some restrictions may apply, contact the resort for more details
What To Know
- The ocean can be quite choppy and rocky in this area; bring water shoes
- Sun seekers are better off by the beach, where the high-rise building doesn't block the rays
- It's about a 20-minute taxi ride to get to the heart of downtown Cancún if you're looking to party or shop
- If your stay will be impacted by a hurricane, Palace Resorts will provide a certificate for unused nights. Terms and conditions apply; please contact the hotel for more information
- Adults Only
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
At the farthest end of Cancún’s Hotel Zone, Sun Palace is a sleek take on the all-inclusive megaresort. There are Mexican touches aplenty (art installations, sculptures and hibiscus drinks and flowers on arrival), but the styling is decidedly modern. Giant daybeds line the infinity pool, Asian hors d’oeuvres are served in an alfresco lounge, and the chic spa overlooks the Caribbean.
Bed and Bath
The star attraction in every guestroom is the mighty double Jacuzzi that separates the bed and living area. Comfy kingsize beds complete with billowy canopies are perfect for breakfasting in bed, and all rooms feature balconies overlooking the Caribbean Sea or Nichupte Lagoon. Home comforts include flat-screen TVs, coffee machines, minibars with liquor dispensers and 24-hour room service. Concierge Level rooms have premium liquors and L’Occitane bath products and offer a special delivery of canapés or petit fours, which miraculously seem to come just when you’re feeling a mite peckish.
The resort isn’t overwhelming in size, and there are two distinct areas, a “quiet” section in which to relax and read by the pool, and a “live” area by the pool where active types can play aqua-volleyball, Marco Polo and the like. There are plenty of beach chairs by the ocean, too, to soak up the Caribbean rays. Unlike at other all-inclusives, the food at Sun Palace is top-notch, with five restaurants and three bars to choose from. El Alamo is a popular choice for dinner for its authentic Mexican dishes, and smart La Tratto has a private area with an overwater glass floor.
How to Get There
We went here for our honeymoon, and it was an extremely relaxing time. The restaurants were all excellent, and the customer service in all areas of the resort left nothing to be desired. If you are looking for an active resort with lots of activities, you may consider other locations, but this was excellent for a low-key couples retreat.
10+ years going to Palace resorts but this was my first time at sun palace. I was blown away by the service we received the second we walked in the door. We immediately got directed to Claudia, who was so inviting and kind. I shared with Claudia that we were here in celebration of my birthday and she went above and beyond to make that known. She had my room decorated with a cake, alcohol, flowers, signs etc. It was such a surprise! She made us dinner reservations and also arranged for them to bring out a cake and balloons. It was very thoughtful of her and that showed through everything she did for us throughout the week. She was highly communicative and just the right amount of it. She goes above and beyond and have zero complaints about her service to us! Would go back just for her planning and service itself! Thank you!!! The hotel was clean, our beach view was beautiful and the gym was kept up with. The food was phenomenal at all of the restaurants. We specifically loved the outdoor restaurant, almost like on a rooftop. Not only was the environment there great, the food was as well. lots to say but overall, Great stay! would definitely go back!!
We had an amazing time and plan on returning. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. The service and accommodations were excellent. The staff were the kindest people we have ever met. All of the food was so good!