Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
What We Love
- Fairmont Gold rooms (on the 18th and 19th floors) have expansive views of Montreal and offer free WiFi and a continental breakfast
- Located right over the train station (accessible by hotel elevator) with easy access to the Metro and Underground City (shopping, restaurants and movie theaters)
- A storied history, including John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s Bed-In for Peace; the duo wrote and recorded their anthem “Give Peace a Chance” in a bed here
- Fully staffed health club with spa treatments, fitness equipment, indoor pool and hot tub
- Free bike rentals
- READ MORE: 72 Hours in Montreal
What To Know
- Valet parking is $29 per day plus applicable taxes
- WiFi is approximately $16 per day (free if you are a member of Fairmont’s free loyalty program, the President’s Club)
- Fairmont Gold rooms are located on the 18th and 19th floors and include a personal concierge service featuring free continental breakfast, cocktail canapés in the evening and free WiFi
- Kids (ages six and under) eat free at Le Montrealais Bistro; meals for kids ages seven to 12 are 50 percent off
- Electrical outlets in many rooms are not always conveniently located, but, hey, hotel guests in the 1950s didn’t travel with as many electronic gadgets
- Eco friendly
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
With a stay at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, you’ll be centrally located in Montreal, steps from Place Ville-Marie and Cathedral-Basilica of Mary Queen of the World. This 4-star hotel is close to Notre Dame Basilica and Saint Joseph’s Oratory.
Make yourself at home in one of the 982 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and coffee/tea makers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Planning an event in Montreal? This hotel has 49998 square feet (4645 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge at scheduled times, and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
The staff made this hotel stay a wonderful experience. The gentleman at checkin, Pascal, came from behind the counter to show us around and his unbelievable directions for the tunnels/trainstation. The busy concierge staff of the 21st floor that remember your name, when out of their way to please and even taking time for a friendly chat. The housekeeping staff that kept the room spotless.
As a family that loves the elegance and friendliness of Fairmont hotels we hope they stop doing $140 million renovations like this one! Albeit the spa is improved and the artisan market clever The lobby and feel of this hotel has the ambiance of the common area in a mall or airport. Also it took us 20
Minutes! To get an elevator to our room upon check in. Not sure if they were overbooked but the crowds (I think a folk convention) were overwhelming at every turn. Thankfully the staff remains helpful and cheerful. Still with the rate we paid we expected more. What a shame
Small rooms with line ups at check in and check out. Room service meal was cold. Nice location and access to underground. Also no late check out allowed. Expensive for the size of room. Does not live up to Fairmont name like other locations.
Did not have the charm of Ottawa or other Fairmonts. Gold floor nothing special. Had to make our own fancy coffees trying to figure out bespresso machine along with other guests who were complaining. We missed the staff who served us when Washington and were so charming and attentive. No WOW factor here for anything sadly and not our first time in Montreal.
Stayed here 3 nights while on tour and loved it - room was great and the staff better than good - near everything in Montreal and they have a great restaurant with superb staff - can't say enough good about it