Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
What We Love
- Fairmont Gold rooms (on the 18th and 19th floors) have expansive views of Montreal and offer free WiFi and a continental breakfast
- Located right over the train station (accessible by hotel elevator) with easy access to the Metro and Underground City (shopping, restaurants and movie theaters)
- A storied history, including John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s Bed-In for Peace; the duo wrote and recorded their anthem “Give Peace a Chance” in a bed here
- Fully staffed health club with spa treatments, fitness equipment, indoor pool and hot tub
- Free bike rentals
- READ MORE: 72 Hours in Montreal
What To Know
- Valet parking is $29 per day plus applicable taxes
- WiFi is approximately $16 per day (free if you are a member of Fairmont’s free loyalty program, the President’s Club)
- Fairmont Gold rooms are located on the 18th and 19th floors and include a personal concierge service featuring free continental breakfast, cocktail canapés in the evening and free WiFi
- Kids (ages six and under) eat free at Le Montrealais Bistro; meals for kids ages seven to 12 are 50 percent off
- Electrical outlets in many rooms are not always conveniently located, but, hey, hotel guests in the 1950s didn’t travel with as many electronic gadgets
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
With a stay at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, you’ll be centrally located in Montreal, steps from Place Ville-Marie and Cathedral-Basilica of Mary Queen of the World. This 4-star hotel is close to Notre Dame Basilica and Saint Joseph’s Oratory.
Make yourself at home in one of the 982 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and coffee/tea makers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Planning an event in Montreal? This hotel has 49998 square feet (4645 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge at scheduled times, and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
If you are coming to Montreal folks, look no further. This hotel has everything to make your stay extra special! Great location, large room, perfect shower, superb restaurant, delicious buffet breakfast, friendly staff, a great gym and pool with a spa for those extra luxuries.
We went back to the reine Élisabeth mostly because of location. The newly refurbished hotel is very well located with 2 subway lines a train station and transportation to the airport all via indoors and minutes.
The new amenities are lovely but for the price the rooms and bathrooms are very small.
It is a Fairmount hôtel so it is a big extra for parking and extra for wifi in the room.
It is a nice hotel whose prime market are people on expense accounts.
Great location, loved the beds, pillows and the quietness of the room. The restaurant was fabulous, we ate supper a 30-oz. prime rib and breakfast there, the servers are top notch.
If we are ever back in Montreal, this will be our go to place.