Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Guanica, Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa is close to Gilligan’s Island and Guanica Dry Forest Reserve. This beach resort is within the region of Volkylandia Museum and Isla Magueyes.
Make yourself at home in one of the 104 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. After dipping into one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk, multilingual staff, and laundry facilities. Event facilities at this resort consist of conference space and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Located far away from San Juan Metropolitan Area, you need a car to get there but once you are there you can relax and forget about your problems. A GPS is a must. Drive during daylight hours since there are many turns, curves without adequate light.
Their restaurant Alexandra is very good. Beach front, with nice swiming pools. If you want more than relaxing they can arrange for a trip to nearby Gilligans Island, Guanica Dry forest (local guide is a must), snorkeling, kayaks, etc. They can manage big groups. Clean, air conditioned rooms with very helpful staff.
The Hotel was amazing and the staff very professional. My family and I booked a trip to Gilligan’s Island, which is a seven minute boat ride from the hotel, and had a great time. The Captain of the boat, Alexis, and his Deckhand, Eduardo, were excellent and really went out of their way to make the short trip pleasant and enjoyable. They were knowledgeable in their craft and friendly. On our way back I commented how it would be fun to dive on the water from the point we were. (The water at the point we were was about 25’ deep. ) Eduardo told me that if I wanted to dive I could. I thought he was joking but he signaled to the captain to stop and he did. Me and my daughters dove into the bluest ocean you could see and it was so warm and awesome. Best dive ever!! I highly recommend these guys to anyone staying at the Copamarina and looking to go to Gilligan’s Island.
There were a few things I was wondering about before we got to Copamarina so thinking others might have the same questions, I'm going to aim to answer them here.
1) Dive shop: their website says they offer scuba diving. They do not. They recommended Island Scuba, which we used, but know that it's a 25-minute drive away and not on site.
2) Their beach bar is under construction. They have a little tent set up by the pool a very unenthusiastic bartender serves drinks out of, but it's not really the beach bar restaurant that it will be once the new facility is open.
3) This is a biggie... this is not a swimming beach. I'm not sure where the video of the lapping water on their website comes from, but it's not here (stock video I'm thinking(). The water is very shallow and the sand is very mucky so you sink in... and not in a good way (is there a good way?). We waded in once and that was enough. The only real way to swim there was to go to the end of the dock and dive in.
4) Bring mosquito spray!!!
5) There are two pools and they are lovely. Just don't expect anyone to bring you drinks or food. We were there for 3 days and no one once stopped by our beach chairs to take an order.
6) The main restaurant was inconsistent. The first night we were there we had super service, the ambiance was great and we were impressed with the food. The second night the waitress knew nothing about their wine list, the music was blaring pop music in what would otherwise be an upscale environment, and the whole vibe was off. We took our last course to go and went back to the room.
Now some good news... the pools are pretty. The grounds are well kept. Parking is free. The wifi was strong. And the restaurant had one of the best dishes – a ceviche in a broth that makes you want to lick the bowl – we had on our entire trip. It appeared one whole building was undergoing a remodel.
We had a nice time, but there's a little bit of over-promising, under-delivering going on.