Arelauquen Lodge, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
What We Love
- A remote location that’s still just a two-hour flight from Buenos Aires
- Cushy amenities including a heated indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and solarium
- Sporty types will love the access to skiing, golf and other athletic pursuits
- Executive chef Julian del Pino’s inspired global cooking at Epic restaurant
- Daily breakfast is included in the Flash Rate
What To Know
- There’s no dedicated spa, but in-room massages and treatments are available by appointment
- Free WiFi throughout the hotel
- The best ski area, Cerro Catedral, is a 15-minute drive from the resort
- While skiing is a big focus, summer activities are also abundant
- The lodge is located within the Arelauquen Golf & Country Club
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
This high-end rustic hideaway has a fetching backdrop of snowcapped mountains and is set on the rolling green expanse of the Arelauquen Golf & Country Club, which includes an 18-hole course and a polo club. The 28 guestrooms are clean-lined and contemporary; each sports beam ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows that offer breathtaking views of the mountain and lake scenery of Bariloche. The rooms feature kitchenettes, ideal for self-sufficient guests, and the lodge offers a concierge service to help stock the pantry and fridge. Others might prefer to sample chef Julian del Pino’s exemplary cuisine at the restaurant, where fresh-baked pastries, homemade condiments and locally grown produce is the order of the day.
In the Area
Bariloche is South America’s adventure capital, and plenty of thrilling diversions are available right at the lodge’s doorstep. In winter hit the slopes at Cerro Catedral, a ski resort known for its 53 runs and stunning Patagonian scenery. Farther afield is an even more acclaimed ski aficionado’s paradise, La Hoya Ski Resort, around 85 miles from the lodge. In warm weather sign up for adventures ranging from whitewater rafting to horseback riding with local outfitter Aguas Blancas. For an eagle’s-eye perspective on this gorgeous region, head to the Campanario Chairlift (just go to the base of the lift on Bustillo Avenue in the town of San Carlos de Bariloche), and afterward nosh on some of the town’s best empanadas at El Boliche de Alberto, also on Bustillo Avenue.
How to Get There
Arelauquen is part of Marriott Hotels. The staff is A pluss from the moment you are picked up at the airport till you leave. The front desk is ever trying to second guess your wishes and they are good at. Can't say enough good about our experience.
We enjoyed from our stay. Peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The staff has excellent Service orientation. We had a room with a balcony and a view to the lake and mountain. Amazing view.
The spa was very good and they also have laundry and dryer for free.
We stayed for for 4 nights and we loved it.the hotel located at a middle of close golf course with a wonderful atmosphere and view, plus great service.the less good or the disadvantage is that the hotel located a 20 mile from the city center, so you must have a car.