Hotel La Palma
What We Love
- Undeniable Italian charm at a classically styled Ischia hotel, with a spa and breathtaking bay viewsThe feeling of being delightfully secluded on the island of Ischia
- The charming Italian tiles and traditional design
- Panoramic views of the Tyrrhenian Sea from the sun terrace
What To Know
- The shop right next door arguably serves the best gelato in Capri—don't miss out!
- Located just steps from Piazza Umberto and the funicular railway
- WiFi can be spotty, but do you really need it?
Hotel La Palma is located in the historic centre of the elegant town of Sant’Angelo, on the blissful island of Ischia. The hotel stands in the heart of the town, just a short walk away from the beaches, restaurants, cafes and shops.
Decked out in classic island style, with summery pale blue and pearl white indoors and out and classically chic arched windows and doorways, this almost retro Ischian holiday pad will bring out your inner 1960s Italian movie star in no time. Potted plants spill out of the pillared walkways onto the pretty tiled sun terrace, complete with comfy wicker armchairs, a statuesque palm and gorgeous views of Sant’Angelo’s port and rugged peninsula.
Expect freshly caught fish each day in the restaurant, alongside traditional local dishes, Neapolitan cuisine and nationwide Italian favourites. The hotel’s modern wellness centre lures you in with its long list of health and beauty treatments, ready to buff you into tip-top Italian island shape.
Hotel La Palma is part of the Tropical Thermal Park complex, which enables all guests free access to the park where they can enjoy its variety of swimming pools and saunas that overlook the striking bay.
How to Get There
- helpful and pleasant staff, spoke multiple languages with ease
- comfortable bed
- AC works very well
- cleaning staff does a great job
- nice common balcony with comfortable furniture and great sunset (and fireworks!) view
- rooms are tiny, really tiny
- if you are not an early riser, breakfast choices are dwindling, staff doesn’t replenish anything, have to ask for fruit, juice, cutlery, yogurt, etc. It gets very tiresome after a few days. And you start to feel like a complainer.
- lots of stairs, there is an elevator, but you still have to climb a flight and a half of stairs to get to the elevator. And the hotel itself is perched on a hill, so lots of stairs just to get to the lobby of the hotel
- decor is really dated, not even a painting/print on any wall of our room, kind of depressing
- we stayed a week and half the time the WIFI wasn’t working on our floor (4th), but always worked in the lobby and restaurant/common balcony area
We would definitely stay here again.
Nice view,walking distance to the beach.
Delicious breakfast! I would say the food they cook really awesome!
The staff could not do enough to make our stay truly memorable,they are great and very friendly.
Thank you La Palma for the hospitality.
The hotel is located in the heart of the town, just few steps away from everywhere (beaches, restaurants, cafe, shopping and so on).
The rooms are super clean and comfortable. The service is simply outstanding. You can see when people care about you.
The hotel also has a Thermal Park just few minutes away with several swimming pools and all kind of treatments you can wish.
I definitively recommend this place and I wouldnt trade for any other place on the island.
La Palma is an excellent hotel in one of the most idyllic and picturesque locations in Ischia. The whole area is pedestrianized so very quiet and relaxing. The area does have some rather steep hills. A taxi driver at the bus terminus in Sant' Angelo phoned for an electric taxi (golf buggy type of vehicle) to take us to the hotel which cost 13 euro but was worth it for the experience. The staff were all very friendly and the waiters often sang and smiled as they served your meals. The food was of a high standard and there was plenty of it. Too many courses for me to cope with! The dinner menu is in Italian and German which is challenging if you don't understand either. When we were given the dinner menu at breakfast time we used google to help translate the menu into English! Guests can access the Tropical thermal garden with its 10 pools which was excellent. Remember to take your flip flops, bathing cap and towel with you when you visit or purchase them when you get there. Water taxis are also available to take you to Sorgeto Bay or Maronti beach. I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return at some time in the future.
Hotel La Palma is situated in the most beautiful part of Ischia, San Angelo. The place is not suitable for people with limited walking possibilities as all the ways go up and down. However, I can recommend it to everybody else who likes local atmosphere and quiet places. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly making you feeling like at home. All rooms have sea view. Food is very tasty. 20 minutes of walking takes you to natural thermal spa Tropical, definitely worth to try.