Aragona Palace Hotel & Spa
What We Love
- The panoramic views from the hotel's freshwater swimming pool
- The island's naturally therapeutic mud and thermal waters
- Sampling the local delicacies; rabbit, snails and fish are menu staples
What To Know
- It’s only a five-minute walk from the harbor, where ferries depart for Capri and the Amalfi Coast
- Guestrooms above the bar can get noisy; light sleepers should bring earplugs
- Not all rooms have private balconies
- Free WiFi
How to Get There
We always try to stay here when we're in Ischia.
The hotel is right by the Port, so very handy for the ferry services. The rooms overlooking the Port have balconies too.
The hotel is very clean and bright and has a top floor pool and also a thermal warm pool indoors, which is nice..
Breakfast is good - and, if you ask nicely, they bring you a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice, which is perfect.
Nice, friendly staff on reception too.
+ The hotel is really close to the harbour - it takes only 5 minutes to drag your bags there! There are many other services near too: restaurant street and winery shop around the corner, local coffee & gelato shops, souvenir shops, atms and the main shopping street.
+ We absolutely loved the breakfast - something fresh and light for once! Fresh fruit, fresh juices, yogurt, eggs, bacon, cheeses, different kinds of bread and pastries... They also serve you special coffee or tea to the table - whatever you want! It was served between 7.30-9.30 am.
+ We didn't try the spa, but the selection of treatments was broad and inexpensive.
+ The service level was great - upon the arrival they gave us a map and told what to do on the island. We also rent a scooter which was brought straight to the hotel. Most of the staff spoke English fluent.
+ What comes to the hotel itself: the room was clean and spacious. All of the public areas, like lobby, restaurant and pool, were nice and cozy. Especially we liked the outdoor turf area above the pool - because there is no gym, we made morning workouts there every morning before it was too hot :)
- Like someone already stated, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a bigger renovation everywhere. There was a slight smell of mold in the room. That was the only downside.
Just back from a lovely 2 night stay here, wish we booked longer! Cannot be a more perfect location, when you get off the ferry from Naples it is a 2 minute walk. STUNNING views from the hotel of the port, filled with beautiful restaurants and bars. Beach is close by but very busy! As far as the hotel itself, I thinks it's more 3 star than 4, nothing wrong it was lovely, clean, very nice! Could probably just do with a bit of a refurb in the showers and furniture. Breakfast was lovely, a typical continental style, very nice cakes and pastries. Staff were really helpful and lovely. Would stay again for sure.