J.K. Place Capri
What We Love
- Drinking sweet vermouth on the terrace at J.K Bar, with views of limestone crags and armies of yachts floating on lapis lazuli waters
- The proximity to nearby Capri town, famous for its upscale boutiques and lively restaurant-lined piazzetta
- Getting a massage right on your daybed by the garden-side pool
What To Know
- Capri has a beach culture but not many beaches; sunbathers lounge on flat rocks perched on the sea
- Classic Rooms look inland towards Monte Solaro; it’s better to choose among the other six room categories offering sea or pool views
- Kids are welcome at this mostly-adults property, there are even cooking classes conceived for young guests
- Open seasonally from April through October, with a seven-night minimum stay requirement from mid-June until mid-September
Florentine designer Michele Böna spared no details at this 22-room residential-style property perched high above the Capri harbor. The library, dining room, bar, and living room—all with large French doors facing the ocean—have a cosmopolitan nautical look, with blue walls, framed black-and-white images of sailboats, decorative portholes, and plush pillow-strewn sofas. A heated outdoor pool surrounded by greenery, a small spa, and ample open-air terraces add to the breezy, stylish atmosphere.
J.K Place Capri has seven room types plus a Penthouse Suite decorated in a contemporary classic style that includes four-poster beds, whitewashed wainscotting, and blue fabrics. Except for Classic Rooms, all overlook the harbor or pool and most feature private balconies.
Both the lounge bar and restaurant, JKitchen, stand out for their spacious panoramic terraces where house cocktails like the Negroni di Sera (Carpano red vermouth, Campari and Hendrick’s gin) and hearty Mediterranean fare (handmade pastas, risotto, fresh shellfish) are conducive to boozy lunches and romantic dinners.
Capri, an island near the Amalfi Coast, has been a popular tourist destination for Italians and foreigners alike since the 1950s. The nearest airport is in Naples, where several hydrofoil boats depart daily to Capri from Molo Beverello harbor. While J.K. Place is set on a trafficked road to Capri town, it still feels blissfully secluded.
How to Get There
We chose Capri JK place based on our incredible experiences at JK Place in Rome. Well JK Place Capri took our experience to a whole new level. Stunning luxurious rooms, beautiful grounds and views, fun friendly staff which truly are the reason this place is so spectacular.
Highlights were the grounds, the view, the ambience, drinks at sunset, breakfast selection and, well, just EVERYTHING. Whilst The hotel is down near the Marina they offer a shuttle to Capri.
Thank you JK place for a spectacular start to our honeymoon.
Recommendation ....brave the steep stairs to Ana Capri from the hotel. A hard climb but worth the effort.
This was out 3rd time here. There really is nothing the can do better. The only thing I can think to suggest an improvement on would be when we ordered a water taxi to a beach club and immediately cancelled within 30 mins we were told we still had to pay 80 Euros. Other than this, man what a wonderful 5 star experience. I love how the know our name and we never have to sign a bill for anything. It’s amazing. We are foodies and the jk restaurant is the best in all of Capri. We love this place! Go, don’t even think about it!
My friend and I stay at the JK PLACE Capri last May. Upon arrival, I went to the bathroom, and Stefano Sorrentino, the operations manager of the hotel hail at me “MR, MR what are you doing here ? “
What a strange way to welcome a guest to the hotel.
My friend and I are both French, he is white and I’m black.
We were very well dressed. Very chic à la française.
As I understand the undertone and very judgmental, I continue walking to reach out to my friend. He follows closely, then i turn around, and ask :
- What’s going on ?
- What time are you checking out ?
- We just got in, 3 mins earlier
- Are you sure ?
- Yes. (And my companion comes out and join the conversation - Confirming him that we have not even check in yet)
- im sorry. I thought you were another client.
The jk place is boutique hotel that counts 22 rooms, which makes even easy to remember the clients names. If he knew we were the supposed clients checking out, he would have called us by our name. Moreover in any respectable 5 stars hotels, no staff hails at guests in hallway saying “MR, MR”
A very disappointing experience with the operations manager, Stefano Sorrentino that I can call simply a RACIST !