The Gibson Hotel
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
A stay at The Gibson Hotel places you in the heart of Dublin, steps from 3Arena and close to The Convention Centre Dublin. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Aviva Stadium and Trinity College.
Make yourself at home in one of the 252 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a fitness center or take in the view from a garden. This Art Deco hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and shopping on site.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
I booked a night here for my new husband & I for a surprise trip to Dublin for Bruno Mars concert as part of our mini moon. Despite making the booking on booking.com the hotel receptionist Agatha upgraded us to a suite as we were newly weds. The room was huge & had a gorgeous large balcony /terrace overlooking the Dublin docklands. On our return from the concert Simone (customer relations) had sent up dessert to congratulate us on our wedding. This is a cool funky modern hotel. Super friendly staff. Ideal location & plenty of parking.
My husband and I spent new year in this hotel. The food was amazing as was the entertainment. The bed was very large and comfortable. Very easy to get to all parts of Dublin on the Luas or by foot. Also close to the O2.
My experience at the Gibson was mixed and I would not stay again.
1. Environmentally-friendly hotel, with a recycling bin in the room.
2. The room was large and comfortable.
3. Good transport links, especially by bus to the airport.
4. Convenient location for the convention centre, arena etc. You can also walk into the city centre within 30 minutes.
5. Room service was quick and brought up by a friendly member of staff.
6. Despite being fully booked, the hotel was quiet at night and I was not disturbed by other guests at any point.
7. I was able to leave my luggage after check out during the day with no problems.
8. Large selection for breakfast (but see my point below…)
1. Due to a series of mix-ups it took 50 minutes to check in. This isn’t the member of staff’s fault, but rather a series of confusing mistakes that should have been rectified before we arrived to help. We were charged the wrong rates compared to when we booked, had to be refunded and charged again, the length of my stay hadn’t been amended in advance despite my request, the problems just went on and on. The booking system, and payment after everything was sorted, was extremely confusing and convoluted. We did receive an apology for the delay.
2. We were told when we checked in that we had particularly lovely rooms, so we headed up with high hopes. This was laughable as the room was exactly the same as any other I’ve stayed in – Travelodges and Holiday Inns included! The hotel’s attempt at having a unique chic style makes the hotel feel, in my opinion, cold and ironically corporate. I don't feel the rooms are good value for money.
3. We ate in the restaurant on the first night. There was limited choice for vegetarians in the restaurant, and the food was expensive and disappointing. The Singapore noodles were particularly bad. The service was terrible, we were left unattended for at least an hour after eating. We wanted dessert but it was too late by the time we were spoken to. It was impossible to get someone’s attention, and the restaurant was almost empty so it’s not down to overcrowding. I think this is due to lack of experience in the staff who could use more training.
4. The breakfast was the worst I’ve ever had in a hotel, two days in a row, with two separate choices on each day. The scrambled eggs were so disgusting that it put me off eating for the rest of the day. The next day I had “rich creamy porridge” which was clearly made with water, it was so gloopy and tasteless. On the third day I just had toast and fruit! Given that breakfast isn’t included, and staff chase you to ensure that you have indeed booked breakfast, this is really unbelievable for a four-star hotel.
Awesome room and services, everything is new and spacious, wonderful breakfast and dinner area within walking distance to the convention center. The tram also connects you closer to the center of the city. Overall great stay
The Gibson Hotel is near Dublin Port (for cruisers) at 'The Point' terminal stop on the Luas tram, only a few minutes to O'Connell St., midtown. The staff was marvelous to us. The rooms, dining room, menus, and breakfast buffet were perfect. There is a magnificent BONO mural and hanging gardens alongside the escalator; and a glass elevator overlooking views. I would stay again in a heartbeat.